Sign in to follow this  
SeaBiscuit (DayZ)

Infected Players… I want to be INFECTED!!!!

Infected Players… I want to be INFECTED!!!!

I would love to see a player become infected if they are hit by a zombie and skin is broken (they begin to bleed)

I see this being another interesting piece of the game… and here is what I am suggesting…

• Players get infected by coming in contact with other infected players or spawned infected bots and are injuring during the contact
  • Players who survive these contacts and are able to bandage their wounds and continue playing should then have an infection and it should begin to spread. (I would say over a 24 hour time frame) until the infection takes over the players body…
  • Once a player is “fully infected” the player should have similar effects as extremely Low blood counts (Maybe without the passing out)
  • Player should remain infected until they are given a cure! (similar to the antibiotic in the game)
  • To me where this gets fun…
    • Players who are infected will not be attacked by other spawned infected bots… and can move freely in cities or building without attracting attention…
    • Infected Players should be able to “Call” or scream out for other infected to have the spawned infected bots start swarming to the area…
    • **My Favorite** an infected player should not have the option to attack… they should be like a rabid dog around fresh meat… in other words… if an uninfected player is within striking distance… the infected player should automatically lunge out and attack the player…
    • I think the player should also still have to eat and drink (maybe other players dead or alive as well as found food and water)
    • I also feel it would be interesting if infected players could carry items but because of their state they would slowly randomly drop things… (they should not be able to use weapons)

** I think Players would be able to join up with uninfected players to scout out areas etc… and they should look like a spawned infected player…

** If joining with another play... they cannot get to close... otherwise they will automaticly attact the uninfected player(or group of players)

- SeaBiscuit

Edited by SeaBiscuit

I think playing as a Zombie ("infected?") would be pretty fun. That, or you can become infected and spread it, which just leads to an inevitable death, at which point your character becomes an AI-controlled zombie like the rest after a given amount of time. (That is, players only have so long to loot your motionless body until it gets up and tries to eat them.)

No, no player "zombie". I do want infection but i want it to be invisible for a couple of incubation hours and then slowly make you absolutely miserable until it finally kills you (and then you rise as an AI zombie). You should be terrified at the idea of being infected, not see it as a funny gameplay element.

And no fucking cure either, if there was a cure this wouldn't have happened.

I'm all for zombies carrying stuff.

I see an opportunity, if you are infected and you're about to die or you die it gives you the choice to die or be a zombie it would be one of the options but there are many another thing to worry about this but I like the idea

Very creative but that would fundamentally change DayZ, and I really don't want it to be changed fundamentally. I love it. At a fundamental level, DayZ is the game I've been waiting for my entire life.

Rocket has already said that he will not implement this because it would destroy immersion as a real player would never behave like a 'zombie'. He also said the survivors are immune, hence why they survived.

(and then you rise as an AI zombie).

They aren't dead. They are infected similar to the ones from the movie '28 Days Later', so there is no reanimation going on.

hell no to infection. i have played many MMORPG games and if players were able to get infected and spread it the game would become just that everyone infected and unable to play. example SWTOR had a little thing were people got infected and all people did with it is infect the whole server non stop till it was removed form the game.

also do you realize that you get cut a lot already in the game sometimes just one hit does it. there would be no surviving in this game anymore if you got infected everytime to bleed.

there is no way in hell i would play this game if players were to become zombies. cause exactly what the post above says...players would not act like zombies. they would act like normal players trying to kill other players and really there is enough bandits in this game already.

Hello there

i think the becoming "zombiefied" is an interesting idea, BUT it would need decent mechanics included as part of it to stop it becoming a grief tool.

For eg one , if infected could over a period of time loose physical control of the character to Zed AI making him a threat to players but at the same time less aggroesque to Zeds.

That was a quick idea and probably full of holes.

It's a fine idea in theory but needs alot of consideration.

rgds

LoK

Great responses... even those that hate the idea... I can se your perspective...

I love the idea of Player Zombies being fast as hell... especially after they EAT FLESH....

others mentioned it... and there and a few other threads seemed were also started on this before and after... that I have seen...

to me it would add another piece to it... the onion already has so many layers... why not add one more :)

Game is great as it is... and I think of HalfLife 1 gameplay... game of the year for atleast 2 years... then they added Blue and other perspectives...

it just seems to take the same game and then change it enough... so the stratagy becomes so different... allowing other players to enjoy the game if they don't like run from zombies all day! :)

- Sea

Scavenging dead players is a part of the game, the act of killing a player already itself is a risky business, having them finished off by a zombie makes it unnecessary risky, if you add the infection to it, it would also further discourage co-operation as every live team member becomes a new potential zombie upon an encounter. just an overall bad idea.

I am not kidding when I say this was suggest over 2000 times....

your shitting me right O_O

Hello there

This has cropped up a *few* times before, but not uber recently, plus OP "thought" about it a little which means the thread deserves to live for a bit.

Rgds

LoK

Yeah... Seems there are some major discussions on PEPs that hate raiders... and hate the idea... but they understand it is a part of the game... and live with it... and it adds a seperate aspect to the game... and there are people that only play as player killin raiders... and they would prob not play if they could not PK...

To me... this is the same with this idea... it allows people who would like to be a zombie... run 20+ MPH and have uncontrollable actions take over from time to time... and possibly never play as a regular player again... (as long as they keep eating... -maybe that is raw meat/flesh from players or even animals)

There could even be stages of the infection or food levels...

you could start off walking around like the "Jamie Hyneman" dudes with the hats...

then you get worse... and can only knuckle crawl/hop...

then at it's ending stages you are only able to crawl...

thanks for atleast throwing it around...

- Sea

Yeah this has been through the ringer a few times but interesting....

I reckon infection is a good idea if initially indistinguishable from another sickness that the player can get, so that signs of illness - especially after being attacked by a zed - should be worrying to both the 'possibly-infected' player and their team mates. Once infection kicks in fully though - the player should die and become a zombie - i.e. they are not playable. After all, the definition of a zombie includes a lack of conscious awareness. The dead player-zombie then is controlled by zombie AI and acts accordingly - i.e. rips a pathway through their former team mates.

This would seriously make your friends nervous to have you around if you develop signs of illness in game (even if it is actually just pneumonia) and would add to the basic paranoia that makes DayZ so great.

Also, players that are killed by zombies should come back as zombies - complete with their backpack and gear (but probably drop what they were holding - i.e. guns).

Why this will not happen:

1- This means the developers need to build a system around being an Infected. Energy taken from core game development.

2- If there is a limit of say 70 players on a server at a time, this would also mean you will have players playing as Infected and less slots for the core game players.

This idea is more for a mini game or side server game- like the DayZ hunter games,...not as a live feature in the vanilla DayZ game.

Cool idea but it doesn't work with Dayz core game design/mechanics

You can play ZombiU if you want this or Resident evil 6