Vysavacz

Why you should not enter Object A2, Namalsk

Nice big pile of loot someone was busy "Loot Farming".............. Shits bound to happen if you're in a place for a long (Period) of time......

• Like 1

If you're stupid enough to enter A2 with all the flies around, and clearly seeing all those dead bodies. You deserve to die.

Loot farming is a grind, the COD kiddies don't have the attention span to do it.

• Like 2

Loot farming is a grind, the COD kiddies don't have the attention span to do it.

It's not hard to do though, it's a bitch tactic and pretty much means you get high tier loot super early in to the game completely defeating the purpose of the game. It takes away all of the desperation that made DayZ so great.

Working your way up through all of the gear was an awesome feeling but loot farming completely defeats that, you spawn and go down to AII and you'll come out heavily armed with no troubles. It's a COD kiddie tactic

• Like 4

You don't have to farm to get good gear at AII. The only thing you need to farm an the Namalsk map is food and drink. And heat packs. lol

Heatpark farming, who would have ever thought :)

Where's the hug a buddy feature rocket promised us?Shared body heat is the key to surviving namalsk.

It's not hard to do though, it's a bitch tactic and pretty much means you get high tier loot super early in to the game completely defeating the purpose of the game. It takes away all of the desperation that made DayZ so great.

Working your way up through all of the gear was an awesome feeling but loot farming completely defeats that, you spawn and go down to AII and you'll come out heavily armed with no troubles. It's a COD kiddie tactic

Bullshit. I joined a server (private hive, which I didn't find out till later ♥) and was all geared up within a few hours. I even had a motorbike and a tent all ready to go. Just ran through Cherno and Balota and presto, a winrar is me.

My feeling is that while yes, it removes the scavenging feel to DayZ, its only an issue on Namalsk because of the ease of locking down A2, and because the already subpar zombie threat is nulified down in the depths. Having said that, it doesn't REALLY bother me too much, i just do as the Romans do and get my own loot and hunt my foes.

On other maps, its harder to lock down and cycle an area thanks to more open environments and I feel the playing field is far more even.

Said it once, sayin it again. When standalone comes out zombies should be more of a threat and I can imagine such things becoming much harder to achieve.

Im hungry guys, give me beans for my forum epeen.

Bullshit. I joined a server (private hive, which I didn't find out till later ♥) and was all geared up within a few hours. I even had a motorbike and a tent all ready to go. Just ran through Cherno and Balota and presto, a winrar is me.

I second that Bullshit!

jdz he mad!

I can be geared up in under an hour by just going from town to town no loot farming required, you need to chill dude it's nothing to do with cod kiddies it's simply people getting familar with the game and how to get going quickly. It's not "ROCKET" science just play more and it dosent take long to figure it out! :thumbsup:

I second that Bullshit!

jdz he mad!

I can be geared up in under an hour by just going from town to town no loot farming required, you need to chill dude it's nothing to do with cod kiddies it's simply people getting familar with the game and how to get going quickly. It's not "ROCKET" science just play more and it dosent take long to figure it out! :thumbsup:

Derp, no kidding you can do that.

But we all know what'd down Object AII, the best guns in the game, it is slightly different from going town to town

Derp, no kidding you can do that.

But we all know what'd down Object AII, the best guns in the game, it is slightly different from going town to town

Seraja has more high grade spawns than A2. What A2 offers is security. Until somebody draws you to the entry level and then hucks an M67 down the hole.

You don't have to farm shit in a high populated server. Thell be more than 10 bodies down there with the best shit. But to the OP, I am fairly new and i was on a server last night with about 35 people and I was with a friend on teamspeak, We met close by heading straight for it. If you dont see zombies down there just sprint to it. Any way we were a group of 4 2 on teamspeak and once we got down there the first thing i found under the ladder was my favorite weapon the m249.

There was loads of bodys and loads of loot guns well a minute later there was people up top wanting to get in and I wasn't stupid i was guarding the ladder the whole time with my m249. The first dude went down with a ghillie suit and i lit him up. his friends stayed up taunting us claiming we were camping but, little did they know we jut got down there.

I finally head away and further down to check out the other floors and suddenly a grenade went off and none of us were camping the ladder thankfully. My buddy being a noob fell into the water and i had to kill him. This is were it gets scary. Down there you can hear alot of shit going on up top like there was loads of gunshots and the team that was upstairs was just waiting for me. They kept trying to scare me taunting me. Well i wait for my friend that, check this out, he said "Im going over there to shoot everyone of them so you can get out. I head up to the first floor to see if anybody was around and there was nobody I thought i was going to get shoot by our other two friends. Nobody and my friend finally made it told me there was nobody outside and I couldn't believe it I had heard ak shots all that time and I was certain there was somebody up there. Well I head out finally after being stuck down there for about 30. And it felt so good to breath air I ran straight for the treeline and i do overwatch for my teamspeak buddy. All of a sudden ak shots fly right by so I start to run away and leave my friend behind sort of. He got out for same wierd reason with a DMR and m4a1 sd and no more ak shots so we got farther ran all the way to the water and went to sleep. It ended up being around 6am lol. I never play till that late but DaYZ captures you like that.

The point is you should not go down there in a high populated server but if you do you need some people up top guarding the entrance. I was able to make it out with the m249 only because I was patient and. I had one of the most intense times gaming ever I mean we teamed up with other friendlies headed right down as player with an m4a1 and headed up later as bandit skin with a dmr and a m249 and most important our lives. lol. I thought I would never make it out of there I dont know .I would think twice before going down there in a high populated server in Namalsk. Allthough we did have the best run in a long time. It couldve been the other way around.

• Like 1

I am going to make a claim for the justification of loot farming. First I must say, I have never had the need for farming for weapons, the Winchester is my fav weapon (love its sexy pop, and I am not really a PvP player so I dont need long range sniping). I have farmed for car parts. I look at it like this. If it were real life, a regular run through of an area will only give a cursory look for items, whats obvious and in the open. Farming is like a real thorough search. akin to opening every drawer, box, closet, corner, rummaging through piles of crap etc. A thorough search of a building would take far more time than a run though glance. IRL many of the industrial buildings would have alot more stuff in them, benches, piles of stuff etc, that just arnt in the game proper. A tire isnt setting out in the open, but there is one under that pile of scrap... Taking the time to loot farm an area is taking the time to rummage through all the stuff in the building. After all, the warehouses at the NWAF would be chock full of stuff that may take some time to find the 'useable' items, not huge empty buildings. Just my thoughts...