Jerrah (DayZ)

An additional way to scavenge vehicle parts?

Myself and a group of fellow DayZ enthusiasts were thinking....

As fun as it is to camp loot spawns and scour the world for car parts, why not be able to strip parts off cars that are already repaired or partially repaired?

While the toolbox may be gone and useless, my suggestion is to bring it back and using it for the sole purpose of reacquiring vehicle parts from vehicles who are already using the parts.

Found a Bus that you don't feel like using that has some parts on it that your other favorite vehicle desperately needs? The toolbox/scavenging tool would be perfect for your situation! Might also be able to add a new utility loot item like a rubber hose for siphoning gas from a previously fueled vehicle when the usual tank full of fuel is just too far out of your way to fill up your empty jerry cans.

Now with the addition of any tool or feature there would obviously have to be some sort of risk to counter the reward. I leave that for the community to decide because I honestly can't think of a plausible one.

I think this could be a great addition to the game. If you find that bus that sort of works, drive it to your camp and rip the tires off so when you are busy working/schooling/whatever you could feel *slightly* more safe about your vehicle not being discovered and hopped in to and driven off.

I love this idea! It could add a lot of fun and depth to the vehicles and the in game experience of repairing and maintaining the beasts.

-Croco

Oh, how delicious for someone to park their car outside of a town to loot and then come back to see it up on blocks.

Hah, I like the idea of being able to rip the tires off to ensure nobody hops in my car and does away with it effortlessly because hey, that's what I'd do if I was in that situation, I'd probably rip some cables off or take an important part with me if I had to leave my vehicle somewhere.

The usefulness lies there much more than it does in the OP's way of seeing it.

Hah' date=' I like the idea of being able to rip the tires off to ensure nobody hops in my car and does away with it effortlessly because hey, that's what I'd do if I was in that situation, I'd probably rip some cables off or take an important part with me if I had to leave my vehicle somewhere.

The usefulness lies there much more than it does in the OP's way of seeing it.

[/quote']

Actually...I didn't think of taking parts off to ensure someone doesn't make off with your ride. Good point and great idea!

I support this idea, I would love the cripple enemy cars (that I couldn't steal) and salvage non-offroad car parts for a off-road car. Just imagine taking off a few key parts, sitting in a treeline and killing everyone who tried to repair it.

+1 if this was the case i'd be able to butcher the vehicles i manage to procure and keep my precious Ural going that much longer. As for the safety thing all you would need to do is take off your wheels when your were ready to log out.