Sign in to follow this  
dirtyzerg

One does not simply play Dayz..

So I spent 18$ on Arma+OA during cyber monday because people said DayZ was fun..

I would love to take there word on it..but considering how huge of a headache this MOD is to even play..I have to question that.

Lets start from the beggining

WRONG CDKEY

4 hours of fixing this leads to

Kicked from server because of wrong signatures on some goofy files

3 hours of fixing that

WRONG VERSION

2 hours of fixing that

You have been kicked off the game

45 minutes of that..and I am burnt out..

Out of the 20 or so hours I have put into DayZ..only 5 of those hours were actually spent playing..

I log off for the night

Get back on and guess what..WRONG CDKEY

Good luck with the standalone version, maybe it won't be such a pain in the ass to play yea?

and dont worry ill prob buy the SA..but i am just fed up with the MOD..having to reinstall every day just to play for short amounts of time before some hacker comes in and teleports everyone into the sky just isn't worth my time, maybe SA will fix that and not be such a headache since it will be updated thru steam

Edited by dirtyzerg

You can fix a wrong CD-Key in 30 seconds. I'll admit the game has it's obstacles, but if you legitimately spent 4 hours it's a PEBKAC error.

• Like 1

You can fix a wrong CD-Key in 30 seconds. I'll admit the game has it's obstacles, but if you legitimately spent 4 hours it's a PEBKAC error.

the solutions given took more then one try to fix it, the regedit only took 30 seconds..verifying thru steam every time i change servers or get killed by a hacker etc equaled out to about 4 hours waiting for the verify/redownload 1 file thing..

WRONG CDKEY was the easiest one..the rest have been the shit driving me crazy..especially that "WRONG SIGNATURE FOR xxx.pbo" crap and then when I get on the next day back to square one with WRONG CDKEY

verifying thru steam every time i change servers or get killed by a hacker etc equaled out to about 4 hours waiting for the verify/redownload 1 file thing..

b4z4ew.jpg

1. Don't launch through steam. Download DayZ Commander and use that as your launch program.

2. You don't need to redownload every time, select your arma files, move them to another folder, open steam, delete local files, move them back, click download, it just reinstalls from local.

Edited by sp86

b4z4ew.jpg

1. Don't launch through steam. Download DayZ Commander and use that as your launch program.

2. You don't need to redownload every time, select your arma files, move them to another folder, open steam, delete local files, move them back, click download, it just reinstalls from local.

1. I use commander

2. I don't reinstall the entire game..I VERIFY THE CACHE, big difference there.

I have to do it everytime I join a server otherwise I get "wrong siganture for xxx.pbo" crap. But thanks for advice..i guess..

I cant understand how people have so many issues installing a mod? Its not that hard...... Unless your blonde, then thats somewhat okay

I cant understand how people have so many issues installing a mod? Its not that hard...... Unless your blonde, then thats somewhat okay

A lot of it has to do with Steam not playing well with Arma 2 mods and addons.

Why they insist on promoting the Steam version of it is beyond me.

Less muss and fuss with the Sprocket version.

Edited by jblackrupert

I have the steam version. I still launch it without steam using commander.

No I can completely relate, it isn't as easy as pie, especially if you are used to clicking an icon and playing...

You could try doing what that dude said though, just literally move the whole install files and correct this within DayZ commander. Not sure if that would work as I went down the BI store route, but if you have to reinstall anyway, try away!

I bought Combined Ops from BI store, but it's the Steam version. Launching games through PlaywithSix and launching PlaywithSix through Steam, never had a single problem

(apart from playing Namalsk before it was PW6 supported)

1. I use commander

2. I don't reinstall the entire game..I VERIFY THE CACHE, big difference there.

Try a fresh install with fresh eyes.

There's always the chance that you fucked up without realising. It happens to the best of us.