snajdan

DayZ modification question ( admin vehicle or maybe admin safe zone )

Hello folks,

i've a question or better i need help. I run a dedicated dayz server with private hive and created over the missionfile a small admin base ( for the first, later i will create a few more safe zones for other players )

So i need help to set up a safe zone, so only certain players can move into it or their weapons getting removed after firing bullets against other players ( or redirected ). Perhaps it's even easier to make the vehicles available there only available to admins (I know something of domination maps, but I can not really find anything at the mission file) = admin vehicle lock

I hope someone can help me.

best regards

snajdan

that would be bad tbqh, everyone would sit in the safe zones making it no fun for people :/

BAD idea. Admins should have no special privileges in-game. It will lead to resentment and claims of admin abuse. Ultimately you'll be left with an empty server, then you'll be really safe.

Edited by Fraggle

no, because my admin team is only for supporting other players. Not to hide there or killing other guys around the fort. And i doesnt think everyone will sitting there the whole time, because my custom celle map is full with secrets :)

But having vehicles that are only available to admins? It's just my opinion and I'm sure you run a great server but if I found out the admins were doing this on my server then I'd be leaving.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

But having vehicles that are only available to admins? It's just my opinion and I'm sure you run a great server but I found out the admins were doing this on my server then I'd be leaving.

Yea that just sounds like a recipe for "the admin hacks he's got vehicles that only he can use" from players that don't understand how you did it. When those words get said people do leave a server.

no i put a few vehicles for supporting jobs like LAV ( the hq version, not the one with the bushmaster cannon ) but i dont need it, if every time i'am joining the server my lav getting ripped or something else. The same for my rescue helicopters....yeah yeah i know....someone can fake rescue request, but thats not my problem :)

Edited by snajdan