Sign in to follow this  
scottyhead100@googlemail.com

Better hidden Tents

We are all aware of how easy it is to spot a tent no matter how well you hide it, The graphics make it stand out like a sore thumb at a distance, and you cannot change the colour to make it blend in better.

Why cant we make custom tents? We have an entrenching tool but we cannot build a small trench and put our tent in it, Just think how much better it would be to create a small hole and put a tent in it? cover it with leaves and there you go, a tent that's much better hidden and harder to find.

The other solution is to make tents that are not so angular, that way they wouldn't stick out so much, there is real tents that are more semi-cylinder shaped that triangular.

Just to clarify no I'm not annoyed about my tent being raided:P I have yet to FIND my own tent lol EDIT NOTE* Shortly after posting this i walked into a market with 10 tents scattered about it:P

EDIT NOTE*; I agree with Penny Sue that it would take a lot out of the game if we all had hidden caches of weapons, Hence i think it would be better if the cache did disappear when you died, Because the whole point is each time you die you are a new person washing up on the shore, not the same person, so you shouldn't be able to "know" where a cache is that has "your" weapons and stuff in it. Finding your own dead body is different because it is another person you are looting to try and survive. Thank you Penny Sue for pointing that out:)

Edited by BlueLance
  • Like 6

A decent suggestion. I still like the idea of having the underground caches that have been suggested time and time again too.

i know how to hide it good. go into a river and put it in there it there most best places to put it in

• Like 1

i know how to hide it good. go into a river and put it in there it there most best places to put it in

Thats all been patched :)

Yeah I agree with having a better place to stash your stuff. Maybe it doesnt even have to be a tent. I like the idea of just simply digging a hole and burring your stash (like the guy on The Walking Dead does). There is already a spade item in game (Entrenchment tool) lets make it more useful. Maybe there would just be a little pile of earth thats possible to spot, but just harder than a tent that sticks out miles. And obviously you wont be able to use it as an exploit to block doors etc. like people STILL do even though its supposed to be fixed so that you cant as you wont be able to dig a whole in concrete.

Thats all been patched :)

Yeah but it still works. IO tested it yesterday put a tent in the lake. worked fine, its still there :( Same with concrete, walked into apartments in Berez yesterday tent blocking the doorway.

Edited by Rooneye

An underground construction would be great, and lockable would be even better. One thing I've always felt is missing from the mod is a sense of home - a place to go sometimes, where you can just stock take your stuff and admire your loot without risk of being sniped! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 3

Yup,Tents are curse to me....honestly I put my camps all over the bloody map.Go to them the next day.Gone

I always hide my tent pretty well along with my Hilux. And that sometimes its a Obvious places. I once hide my Tent at the Cherno military Hospital No one ever took it. and i never leave it there for more then 3-4 days. I alway move locations

I think what he meant to say is that his tent was never cleaned out.

• Like 1

An underground construction would be great, and lockable would be even better. One thing I've always felt is missing from the mod is a sense of home - a place to go sometimes, where you can just stock take your stuff and admire your loot without risk of being sniped! :thumbsup:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I though I read something about the SA already having underground bases?

This is neat and all but also keep in mind that if everyone has an easy way to secure / hide equipment we'll all have caches of equipment and effectively render the game pointless.

Only way I'd support this is if your stash disappeared when you died.

I like that your stuff is easily stolen. Keeps people motivated to get out there and play the game.

• Like 3

Most obvious place nobody thinks of, I've been driving around a fairly busy map hiding my Ural and so far so good, I was in a pickle last night and left it amongst some trees at Krutoy Cap, went back on today, untouched.

Krutoy Cap is the worst spawn, imo, it's too far from anywhere worth anything and when folk are playing the game it's at the back of your mind and you forget about it as most people gravitate towards the NWAF, unless someone has a chopper and a base at Skalitsky they might spot you, but you can swim over and check, worth a shot, takes a few mins to swim over, didn't lose anything, didn't find anything on my server though.

Also small towns that have virtually no loot and are off the beaten path, not on a main road, you have the zeds as body guards, people don't usually bother, not worth the risk for so little loot, a few places I have in my head, the ruins at Kumryna, Khelm, Petrovka, Olsha, Pulkovo and Bor.

Another idea is the main cities, finding a small area surrounded by buildings and walls, block off certain areas with barbed wire and tank traps, guide players away, they'll think it's just a troll and won't stop to undo them as they're most likely being chased by zeds, plus not many people want to hang around in the cities because of bandits.

The problem is people thinking that forests are the best place to hide a tent, they're not, as the op has said they stick out like a sore thumb.

Anyways with the new 'underground' places coming with SA we'll wait and see, I think I remember hearing Rocket in an interview mention that the underground areas would be instanced, maybe? Anyone know?

• Like 2

Yep Its true never got my stuff nor my Hilux stolen. I have been seurving until now 25 Dayz with my Hilux and my tent. 25 days. Near electrat there a small Dam over there and nobody bothers about it since there no Loot in there and there 3-5 zombies. I park my hilux jsut there along with my tent and i went undetected for 8 days. at my 8th one sniper founded me so i pack my stuff up and went more @ north. Sometimes you wont beleive where tents can be found. Jus yesterday i was rolling at night near NWA and in Vybor near the Office Building i found a S1023 parked with 3 tents. i made camp in A small house in the woods. its totally losted but 3K away from the NWA. Nobodys passes near there since the dirt road is way to long like detour to take.

Maybe allow the player to be able to save one fireplace with, like, 18 slots in it. They would be easier to hide and it would be enough room for a weapon, some ammo, and a couple of essentials, but not an arsenal.

• Like 2

I think military tents would be fine. Harder to get then regular tents but are harder to notice.

I think most agree that current tents are insufficient. For those who want/enjoy their gear being stolen easily... fine use whatever is easily found and challenge yourself with starting with nothing each time if that keeps you interested. For others we like to keep something in stock and THAT keeps us motivated to play more. I like being able to hide stuff and find it still there each time. So IMO providing the ability to better hide things would be great. Those who dont want to do that can choose to not use it.

Edited by Seddrik

Making a place to have a more secure storage is what I am most looking forward to.

Many people have different ideas of what they want out of the game and many, many suggestions are made. These are usually made in order to support a particular play style.

There are those who wand an extremely difficult to survive in world, those that want to PVP, those that want something in the middle and many more play styles.

For me....I am tired of having to find an axe, matches and a hunting knife each time I die. Those that play in large groups gear up very easily while the solo players have a harder time of getting their gear together. A friend of mine prefers to to drop his back pack bandages on spawning in and likes it the harder approach.

I cherish the possibility of base building which will lend itself to yet another play style.

I like the idea of making the fire place a storage area, for now. I do not know whether this is possible, or not....but a great idea all the same.

We need memetic nets to place over our tents! In different colours! With movable axis! 4tw

Tents and stashes do need some work. I find the most motivation to play is that sense of "home." I hide tents and have motivation to go out and fill them with great gear.

It'll be amazing to run into someone's entry way to an underground base and have to hack the code to get in. That will be more worth it than running into a tent randomly.

So I agree, things needs to change and storage needs to be more challenging to find.

Why cant we make custom tents? We have an entrenching tool but we cannot build a small trench and put our tent in it, Just think how much better it would be to create a small hole and put a tent in it? cover it with leaves and there you go, a tent that's much better hidden and harder to find.

I was homeless for a couple years and my friend and I had dug a hole into a small hillside in a seattle park and set a small dome tent up with a camo tarp over it. Was there for about 9 months before I found housing. The city never knew we were there.

Also agree that tents should despawn at player death. It would cut duping down a ton as well.

We are all aware of how easy it is to spot a tent no matter how well you hide it, The graphics make it stand out like a sore thumb at a distance, and you cannot change the colour to make it blend in better.

Camo nets would be a nice idea, but digging a hole for the tent, you like your shit wet through and through? think your ammo is gonan be good to go ;D?

The other solution is to make tents that are not so angular, that way they wouldn't stick out so much, there is real tents that are more semi-cylinder shaped that triangular.

Imho the only reason they are angular is because the army tents they take their shape from, have a basic but rugged design. So i see no reason to have the cylindrical tents, imho that is what one would assume to find most on civilian residences.

Just to clarify no I'm not annoyed about my tent being raided:P I have yet to FIND my own tent lol EDIT NOTE* Shortly after posting this i walked into a market with 10 tents scattered about it:P

EDIT NOTE*; I agree with Penny Sue that it would take a lot out of the game if we all had hidden caches of weapons, Hence i think it would be better if the cache did disappear when you died, Because the whole point is each time you die you are a new person washing up on the shore, not the same person, so you shouldn't be able to "know" where a cache is that has "your" weapons and stuff in it. Finding your own dead body is different because it is another person you are looting to try and survive. Thank you Penny Sue for pointing that out:)

well that doesnt make much sense, the dying part, considering you can still loot your own corpse, get rid of that too then, Following the same logic, vehicles you were driving and left to the terrain should disappear too if you die, which imho makes no sense :D

Hey, i don't think we need to change the tent system. The map is big enough for everyone to have their hidden spot, and it's not the goal of this game to stash 100 weapons and start fighting.

At least, you have to take a risk while stashing. And that's what the tents are there for.

I dont like the idea of being able to lock up and store stuff - sounds like a Global Inventory to me.