Sign in to follow this  
TeNnAnT 93

Should we have squad/friend Spawns?

Spawning   

43 members have voted

1. 1. should we have squad spawns or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

So i have seen alot of people moaning that they have to travel to meet up with friends and its hard sometimes to even find them without getting killed and lost. But then i see people saying it spoils the point of the game. So should they be in the game or should they not? or any other alternatives/ideas:)

What do you think?

I personally think that squad spawns would be contrari to a few major parts of this game. such as its difficulty level.

Maybe a peice of equipment you can hide or keep on your player such as a small military or civilian radio will centralize your clans spawn point?

Requires batteries that may last only a few days before a player needs to source more?

No. Rocket would definitely agree with me here. If people can't take hiking over great distances just to see a friend, they can go to other MMO zombie games they like. Rocket doesn't want people to survive that easy in DayZ and please tell those people that keeps on complaining that one of DayZ's main requirement is balls, balls to keep on going even if the odds are against you.

• Like 3

agree with all the above would just make the game too easy personally i like the idea of travelling to find friends keeps the game interesting and gives you something to aim for

• Like 1

i agree with the results of the poll so far (1-8) it's one of the most amusing things traveling to find a friend, maybe without all the necessary gear, to meet and loot stuff together

Oh my goodness the no vote is thumping the yes, keep it up....faith restored that more people than not want masochism as a part of the dayz experience.

Edited by Trizzo

then you feel immortal. dayz is meant to be a survival game so you shouldnt be able to choose to spawn near a friend who has military grade gear. dying in this game is a major setback and should stay that way.

the simple fac that you could reinforce during a fight and you wouldn't have to care about dying is enough to say "no" to friendspawn

but i think you should be able to spawn together, i mean you would select another dead player with which you woul spawn in the same area. the other player just had to accept your "spawnrequest". it wouldn't break anythink in my oppinion. it would just make it more fun for a group of friends who want to play together, expecially new players. you could add a limit of 2-3 people spawning in a group to avoid entire clans to groupspawn in the same area.

the simple fac that you could reinforce during a fight and you wouldn't have to care about dying is enough to say "no" to friendspawn

but i think you should be able to spawn together, i mean you would select another dead player with which you woul spawn in the same area. the other player just had to accept your "spawnrequest". it wouldn't break anythink in my oppinion. it would just make it more fun for a group of friends who want to play together, expecially new players. you could add a limit of 2-3 people spawning in a group to avoid entire clans to groupspawn in the same area.

I can see your point as it is hard for new players to be able to get help find their friends but maybe the way round this is to spawn with a map or make maps more common, as soon as i found out that you can just place a waypoint down its not that hard to find your way to friends.

No way.

Spawning with a friend or at a camp you've already got would make the game way more easier than it already is.

one of the most suspense-filled parts of the game is on your spawn, getting your bearings then heading to gear up but also making sure you aren't spotted - being defenseless and all.

It ruins the story of the game, You are a person who washes up along the shore, Even if you and your friends were still on the same boat the chances of you being washed up next to each other are slim. So i think it makes sense to wash up on shore at random locations

Oh my goodness the no vote is thumping the yes, keep it up....faith restored that more people than not want masochism as a part of the dayz experience.
Masochism, cruelty, just plain torture.

Luvvit.

I personally think that squad spawns would be contrari to a few major parts of this game. such as its difficulty level.

Maybe a peice of equipment you can hide or keep on your player such as a small military or civilian radio will centralize your clans spawn point?

Requires batteries that may last only a few days before a player needs to source more?

Actually this is a GREAT idea! like set it on a Channel and you gusy can speak on it. and bandits or other people can try and pickup your signal to tr and chase you. Ofc signal can be really faint depending on height and all. and a Military radio can add emcrytion to the communications but it should be really rare to find. And anyways Most of the People talks via Teamspeak in Dayz... so the Dayz Chat should give a lot more then TS is giving atm.

No. Rocket would definitely agree with me here. If people can't take hiking over great distances just to see a friend, they can go to other MMO zombie games they like. Rocket doesn't want people to survive that easy in DayZ and please tell those people that keep on complaining that one of DayZ's main requirements is balls, balls to keep on going even if the odds are against you.

Beans to you sir. *salutes*

well noone says you have to spawn on a beach anyway... if you spawn in a forest, there's no reason why you should be alone... what would it matter if there was your friend with you with whom you survived the zombie-apocalypse untile there? or if you landed on the beach with a boad... why should you be alone? i think you should really make a step towards new players. making maps more common would certainly help, but you still would have to find them first or find out where you are. The main reason people tell me why they don't like to play DayZ is the fact they have difficulties finding each other. if you like hardcore: fine, i like it too! but many people don't. i understand your feeling of the game becoming too easy and stuff, but noone would force you to use the group-spawn. if you would spawn together, the only advantage you would have is saving time and getting less confused about where to go to find your mates.