kleutscher

DayZ 2017 - The Trailer - new arma2/dayz mod

Trailer i made for shinkickers his upcomming mod, DayZ 2017. enjoy!

• Like 6

Is this just DayZ Mod stolen and edited a little, if DayZ Mod is copy righted I would higly recommend you remove this and stop production of this mod.

Is this just DayZ Mod stolen and edited a little, if DayZ Mod is copy righted I would higly recommend you remove this and stop production of this mod.

its a movie you idiot, he isnt advertising the mod. he is advertising himself and his videos.

using the OA editor, not a new mod / game.

keep it up karwin!

im a long time sub, enjoy your videos.

Edited by Lupatchi
  • Like 1

its a movie you idiot, he isnt advertising the mod. he is advertising himself and his videos.

using the OA editor, not a new mod / game.

keep it up karwin!

im a long time sub, enjoy your videos.

Well Idiot, his title says different "...shinkickers his upcomming MOD" it doesn't say MOVIE it says MOD, thats what I'm going off, because I know nothing but what he describes he is doing, and I was advising him on the best course of action not shunning him because its shit, maybe you should read a bit more you retard.

Well Idiot, his title says different "...shinkickers his upcomming MOD" it doesn't say MOVIE it says MOD, thats what I'm going off, because I know nothing but what he describes he is doing, and I was advising him on the best course of action not shunning him because its shit, maybe you should read a bit more you retard.

yes, he is telling you he is making a TRAILER not a game, therefore he is okay.

he is a regular dayz video guy, I imagine this "mod" is just resking and texture changes.

who cares? does it affect you?

seriously? the only reason arma 2 is still alive is because of mods.

That looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out if it becomes a mod for arma 2.

i thought planes/helis and vehicles were basicly gone in this mod..

why on earth is there a tank in ur promo vid ?

why do alot of people never read the description? :(

"The tank has no weapons, its no more powerful then a bus" pic here: http://i.imgur.com/1C524.jpg

Edited by Bezki

he is advertising a mod for a game. which is what rocket did, if he would sue anyone it would be warZ

i thought planes/helis and vehicles were basicly gone in this mod..

why on earth is there a tank in ur promo vid ?

Because it looks badass. c;

Hey All,

It’s me that is developing the mod.

Here are a few pointers:

It’s in no way a commercial effort. I am just a guy who loves DayZ, and I always keep it in mind a lot what I am doing is based on the efforts that rocket has already made. I am just putting a new spin to it. Think of this as no different to DayZRedux or DayZ+ etc. If any of what I do is helpful as an ‘ideas lab’ to rocket and co then that would make it all the more worth it. The team also know how to contact me, so if I ever over stepped the line, they can reach me easy enough and I would backtrack. I am not here to piss off the people whose work I enjoy so much.

The ethos is that its five years post infection. The spin is that weapons and ammo and most loot will be a lot rarer.

It won't be for everyone. One thing I have learned with other works (Celle) is you really can't please everyone all the time, it’s impossible. Some will say there is not enough loot and others will say there is too much. Some will want apache gunships and others only bicycles. It’s not achievable. If you fall to the ‘no like’ side, sorry, hopefully something else will meet your needs. At the end of the day, I try and do what I like, but keep an open mind to listen to others too. Doing something such as this always puts you in the firing line for being slagged off on youtube / forums etc (got called a c**t on reddit last week), so I will just do what I want to do. Haters will hate, others will praise far too much, most will be 'meh'

I am releasing early, without a lot features that were originally planned, so it’s an alpha of an alpha (more inception references). A lot of this is due to the very soon to be released standalone, and the big migration of players we will see. After then I will reassess, if there are a few players and people like it, then it will be time to get creative and really start trying to evolve the concept more.

The Tank: Its completely nullified with all the weapons removed from the model config. Even if some kiddies managed to spawn in the ammo, they won't be able to fire shit. I included it as an eccentric means of transport. I got the idea from my own town, where on a weekend you see a retired engineer driving his Alvis Stalwart around town with a massive grin all over his chops - so my thinking is that if it 'did go down' there would be some pretty smart people around that would start to 'tinker' again. Fuel will be a consideration, need to look at this.I don't think there is anything that can be done within Arma 2 to 'ration' the outlets, so might have to find more creative means.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, karwin is a great guy and produces some great work, thanks mate.

Edited by shinshady
  • Like 5

Fuel will be a consideration, need to look at this.I don't think there is anything that can be done within Arma 2 to 'ration' the outlets, so might have to find more creative means.

How about that:

Remove the outlets and add 2 or 3 Fuel Trucks that are heavy damaged and have mabye 2k Fuel in it. So if you want to repair the Truck to 100% away you would need 8 Wheels 2 Engine (1 to Drive 1 to get fuel out of it) an lets say 8 scrap metal. If it's not 100% repaired with the scrap metal it would be a driving bomb ;)

just som toughts :)

seriously? the only reason arma 2 is still alive is because of mods.

no....

This mod looks fantastic. Please keep doing what you're doing!

I would love to see the crossbow become a staple part of the weaponry. However, I'm not sure how much you can really change the way that it currently works. It's one of my favorite weapons to mess around with, but it just doesn't hold up to any gun, not even pistols. If everything became more rare, then maybe it would make it's way into people's inventory again :D

Despite some negative feedback this looks very interesting to say the least I've seen some of the other videos i.e. Green Mountain revamped characters and what not everything looks good.

looks cool , whats with the hate? Face it rockets dayz *as the mod stands* is like 1/10 of what the game could really be

Yes and Dayz is just stolen ArmA and edited a title, Arma is copyrighted and I would highly recommend that you ignore these kind of people and just continue working on the mod. I am looking forward to see what you do with it ShinShady... I'm gonna mod myself... with a new map.