Sign in to follow this  
Anitun

Should I buy Arma 2 now or wait for the stand alone?

I just discovered this mod, and I am really interested in trying out this game/mod, but it seems there is a stand alone stated to come out in December even though there's no real official date. Should I wait for that stand alone or try out the mod now?

Thank you for reading.

Id leave it till stand alone Alpha is released, talk is it's going to be the 21st December.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

If you buy it no you will get an amazing discount on the stand alone one when it dose come out. It worth it to get it and enjoy the game.

I already owned ArmA, before I found out about DayZ, but if I were in your situation, I'd try to hold out until the standalone.

You don't get an amazing discount for buying ArmA. The standalone is just sold to everyone for a discount, because it's considered a work in progress. If you can't wait and have the money, get it now.If you've got enough patience to wait 10-30 days, wait for the standalone.

Edited by Dallas

If you buy it no you will get an amazing discount on the stand alone one when it dose come out. It worth it to get it and enjoy the game.

I didn't think that the mod players were getting a discount. Where did you here that?

dont just get it for the mod as its a good game in its self if you have the $$$ for both then i would do that

• Like 1

I didn't think that the mod players were getting a discount. Where did you here that?

There won't be any discount whatsoever.

Buy it now, don't have all this SA is the end all be all talk. When the SA comes out yes it will be history in the making.

But remember the mod has a big community behind it and will have for a long time to come. The SA is good and all but it won't have all the maps and extra stuff! If rocket and co hand it over to the community there will be some changes made, some of this will be additional mods attached and the experimental aspects along with it!

Yes hackers will make it hard work, but look at what happened once people were allowed to host it! Private passworded servers, hack detection and prevention. They have made the game worth playing again and many of us here have benefitted from it.

In short there will be more to come from the mod I will hope, you can't have enough of a good thing. And there is a lot more to Arma2 than DAYZ! There's a mod for everything and I'm expecting a lot of mix and matching going on!

You will want it sooner or later because when something good comes out for the mod that improves it, most will only have SA and won't be able to experience it.

Go on, it's Christmas, treat yourself!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

Arma II is a great game by itself. Add in the HUNDREDS of mods available for it and the great community that keeps arma going and $30 is a very cheap price for such an indepth great game.

Look into some of the other mods and arma game play videos and see if arma is the type of game you might enjoy if it is I'd pick it up without hesitation.

Not to mention once the stand alone is released. The mod will still be here and will be active with entirely different content. The stand alone will not have private hives and alternate maps at launch.

I just discovered this mod, and I am really interested in trying out this game/mod, but it seems there is a stand alone stated to come out in December even though there's no real official date. Should I wait for that stand alone or try out the mod now?

Thank you for reading.

Get it now if you have the money! No date has been announced for the stand alone so who knows when it will be released and what state it will be released in. You can play DayZ right now on a white listed private hive server and play DayZ the way it was meant to be played.

ARMA is a good game in it self, and if you have time and energy to try out what ARMA has to offer except DayZ, I'd say go for it.

If you have limited time or interest in the military simulator aspect of ARMA, then don't bother buying it. If it's only DayZ your interested in, wait for the stand alone. Be aware though, that you'd miss out on one of the most unique game experiences available.

I would recommend you go on youtube and look at different game footage videos from ARMA II to get an idea what ARMA is about. It is, even though I love the game more than any other title, not for everyone. Search for things like "Shacktactical", ACE, ACRE, Domination, Project Reality and so on, and check out sidestrafe and his videos from the game.

Good luck to you mate. let us know what you deside! :D And welcome to the community.

Are you confused yet Anitun?

talk is it's going to be the 21st December

If you buy it no you will get an amazing discount on the stand alone one when it dose come out

There won't be any discount whatsoever.

No date has been announced for the stand alone so who knows when it will be released and what state it will be released in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> OK now really <

Standalone will not be on the ArmA2 engine - it will be on the 'take on helicopters' engine.

Other than 'before the end of the year' I don't think any real release date has been set.

I own all the Operation flashpoints and all the ArmA's and ArmA 2's

There are 100's of mods for the games and DayZ is just one of them.

The wasteland mod is getting bigger everyday - check you tube.

Should you buy ArmA2 OA - I would say yes.

I got a extra copy for 15 bucks the other day - check prices.

I have 3, 1 for me, the wife gets one and I have 1 extra if a friend stops over.

I hope this helps you.

KB

Edited by kb5ixd
  • Like 1

The wasteland mod is getting bigger everyday - check you tube.

I hope this helps you.

KB

I donno if it helped him, but I've never heard of that mod. Checking it now. Awsome, thanks!

Its definitely worth getting IMO, Arma 2 is so underrated! There are many more Mods, hundreds in fact. The single player is awesome too IMO.

I'd just say yes, ARMA 2 is a great game but even the community of that will reduce come the release of ARMA 3 early next year. I'd say just wait Day Z SA will be quite cheap anyway as EVERYONE gets the reduced version in it's alpha state (Minecraft model) and I'd wager you won't even look at ARMA 2 and the Day Z mod again once it's released. If I'm wrong and for some reason Day Z mod does go on to be a serious alternative to Stand Alone you can always buy ARMA 2 later (or get it in some kind of collectors pack with ARMA 3), chances are it will be cheaper after Stand Alone's release anyway because no one will be buying it again! Common sense should prevail here!

Edited by Box

I buyed ArmA 2:CO only because of DayZ. But when the hackers drove me crazy I tried some other mods. E.g. Takistan Life Revolution or Wasteland and I have to say ArmA 2 is a great game with so much to offer. And if you buy it, you support Bohemia which is also a good thing. Like Rooneye said it is underrated.

If you do not have spare money you can wait for the standalone of DayZ. I hope it will come in December (but they won't rush the game, so it also can be January - check here: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/36771692833/dev-report-november-2012 ) so the waiting time is not too long. And with the buy of DayZ SA you also support the devs. I love that game and I could not wait, in it's state right now it is also a lot of fun. It is completely up to you and how patient you are :)