Sign in to follow this  
BR4INZ Chopper Bob

Community Private Hive Server Blacklisting

For some time now I am managing a nice list on the forum where all the private hive servers are listed with all their details. Because of the big increase in private hive servers over the months I am starting a new list: The Private Hive Server Blacklist.

Since private hive servers do not really fall under the server hosting rules of the Dayz mod it is good to have a watchdog which can inform the community to avoid certain servers that have been reported as dishonest and accused for things such as admin abuse or foul play. A blacklist made by and for our private hive community. Please note that this is a community blacklist, and no actual servers will actually be taken down. This is a community blacklist of servers to warn other players of abusive and untrustworthy servers amongst the DayZ Community.

First I would like to do a little introduction about myself. I am the admin of the European DayZ Community Servers, a set of private hives hosted by BR4INZ Squad. Since I am an admin myself I know all about what admins can and can not do on private hives and have a better understanding what falls under abuse or just server management. So many factors determine a reporting of a server and if a server/admin can actually be classified as bad. Players should understand that being the server admin gives you certain powers and overviews over your servers that normal players do not have. Having these tools and powers should not be the reason of a report if they are being used discretely and fair.

I also play on the server I am admin on. Can I see everything and everybody on the map? Yes. Do I need to see everything on the map to better admin my server? Yes. Do I use it for my own gain and benifit? Never. Do I use it when I am playing myself? Never (totally spoils my joy of the game). Can I add gear to somebodies inventory or teleport somebody/vehicles to another location just by altering the database? Yes. Do I ever do this aside from replacing broken stuff to their spawnpoint? Never. On my server we also have a very tight community where everybody knows eachother and they ofcourse all know me since I keep a tight communication with all my players. They all know what I can do as an admin but there is an overall trust by the community that I am only using my powers for server management or problem solving. Kind of like doctor and patient or lawyer and client confidentiality. Trust in a server admin comes first, trusting him that he has his server and his community in its best interest.

The reporting of a server can ofcourse not be done without some solid proof in the form of screenshots, videos or other screencaptures and not through storytelling alone. Reporting a server can ONLY be done as a pm to me so I can filter out the reports that are not properly substantiated. Public reports by replying to this topic will be ignored and removed. In your private message please provide the server name and IP along with the evidence you have collected.

Examples of reasons for reporting a server could be:

• servers having no good monitor against scripters (so lot of scripting accures)
  • admins abusing their powers for their own benifit (kicking/banning for no reason, database alterations for own benifit)
  • servers having a bad community (majority of the players are abusive)
  • servers being very unstable (disappearing stuff, laggy, lot of bugs)
  • bad communications (unannounced server restarts/rollbacks, kicking/banning without explanation)

Over the upcoming days/weeks I will alter this post as we determine some good criteria on what classifies a server as bad. All your opinions will probably differ on that a bit but feedback is ofcourse welcome and I will take everything into consideration to tweak the process to a honest one where no servers get put on the list under false eligations.

For reporting please use the following format which include the necessary information to be added to the list:

Server name: *

IP: *

Map: *

Reason of reporting: *

Evidence links: *

+200 Vehicles / Custom Buildings / Starter Pack - DayZ Celle Bliss - hosted by sTorM

IP: 78.143.4.41

Map: Celle

Reason of reporting: Admin Abuse, admins ban people who kill them.

Edited by BR4INZ Chopper Bob

Pinned

Joint Effort.

Please note that this is a community blacklist, and no actual servers will actually be taken down. This is a community blacklist of servers to warn other players of abusive and untrustworthy servers amongst the DayZ Community.

• Like 2

Server name: * Global waste land - tittes and beer

IP: * 193.11.107.16:2314

Map: * charnarus

Reason of reporting: * teleporting abusing admin

Evidence links: *

was playing on there about an hour or so ago , i was with a few guys at novy sobor when out of no where they got killed by visious, i manged to get away in a uaz , i got to the other end of stary then that guy kills me , there is no way he could of gotten from one end of novy to the other end of stary that quick.

i want to report him for teleport hacking and then when i question about it over side chat , he says he is the head admin then went and kicked me because i said i was going to report him and now im banned from the server when all i did was question him.

this is unfair and abuseive , if he didnt have anything to hide then why didnt he say go ahead and report me and ill see ya on the forms? but no , he goes and kicks then bans me - guilty much?

please could someone give me any guidence on what i can do , many thanks

welcome to the whiner floodgates.i run three servers from two companies.both are unstable as they can be.i get accused of admin abuse constantly ,simply because i strictly enforce our no douchebags rules.most of our players are bandits,some are not,but we are known for heavy PVP.this is misconstrued by a lot of carebear bronies as abusive,as they weren't helped or had their hands held to the next can of beans or rifle.im glad that there at least needs to be some sort of evidence put forward before action is taken.thats the saving grace out of this thread.i do realize that there are abusive admins,a.k.a. johnny got dad to get him a server with his credit card.i hope this thread does more good than harm as it needs to be addressed.i myself have been booted from other servers for simply owning the admins/regulars.my point is:this is the slippery slope.

Edited by damnitDave

Server name: +200 Vehicles / Custom Buildings / Starter Pack - DayZ Celle Bliss (v1.7.4.4/build 99153) [GMT-8] - hosted by sTorM

IP: 78.143.4.41

Map: Celle

Reason of reporting: Admin Abuse, admins ban people who kill them.

Evidence links: Complaints - http://dayzmod.com/f...t/#entry1044796

Screenshot - http://c15213273.r73...reenshot-43.png

Edited by WintersWolf

Server name: #DayZMe.NL [Whitelist][12 Choppers - 120 vehicles][New Buildings][1.7.4.4][GMT-3][#Reinvited]

IP: * 37.251.20.161:2302

Map: * Chernarus

Reason of reporting: Abusive admins (Using admin tools to spawn in attack helicopters for themselves)

Evidence links:

All evidence is in this forum topic posted on their website. http://www.reinvited....php?f=15&t=367 (Admins have now changed forum access so you can no longer see it.)

Screenshot of the forum topic: http://img811.images...iewtopicadm.png

http://lundern.net/d...12-46-11-69.jpg

http://lundern.net/d...12-46-22-85.jpg

http://lundern.net/d...12-46-24-93.jpg

http://lundern.net/d...12-46-36-43.jpg

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Server name: #DayZMe.NL [Whitelist][12 Choppers - 120 vehicles][New Buildings][1.7.4.4][GMT-3][#Reinvited]

IP: * 37.251.20.161:2302

Map: * Chernarus

Reason of reporting: Abusive admins (Using admin tools to spawn in attack helicopters for themselves)

Evidence links:

All evidence is in this forum topic posted on their website. http://www.reinvited....php?f=15&t=367 (Admins have now changed forum access so you can no longer see it.)

Screenshot of the forum topic: http://img811.images...iewtopicadm.png

http://lundern.net/d...12-46-11-69.jpg

http://lundern.net/d...12-46-22-85.jpg

http://lundern.net/d...12-46-24-93.jpg

http://lundern.net/d...12-46-36-43.jpg

Admins ! Or ADMIN ?

Didn't know I was spawning banned vehicles ? What a bullshit talk you've got here my friend. I wanted to help you. But since you are reportin MY server in here. not mumble's server. Which mean you had to talk to me about it. Don't be so lame to report MY server here.

Edited by Marsnator

I agree most things are in a big grey area of what you call a bad server or server abuse cm. Legacy asked me to start this treat to support the community. If it will end out in a popcorn/fingerpointing topic it will miss the purpose of why it was created and we will probably close it.

I will be responding to the reports that were posted when i had time to read through it. (at work atm)

Server name: Ponyville.net Day Z Server (v1.7.4.4/build 99153) [REGULAR|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-8]

IP: 64.120.53.26

Map: Chernarus

Reason for reporting: Admin abuse, some admins use logs and database to track players and vehicles and also edit the player database to give themselves weapons, items and change location.

You know, this can be only one person, Reddead. You're the only one spineless enough to run off trying to try and to start problems elsewhere after you couldn't start problems on our forums.

Evidence: Played server for two weeks, for a week and a half we where members of an admin camp we chose to leave after we where told by the admin and his closest friend that they use the logs to track the helicopters and all the vehicles that they want and they just go take them. Here is more evidence. We moved camps shortly before a server restart and vehicle respawn. We moved from the NW side of the map over too the Black Lakes area all while LTC Pinkie Spy (Admin) and Ginger where both offline as they hadn't been online for over 2 days and we got tired of the camp that we shared with them.

I will reiterate here what has already been said on our forums. When you make accusations, I expect to see some sort of proof. Initially, when you made the complaint against Pinkie Spy (the admin), you based the entire accusation off of the fact that a player (Ginger) had been bragging about Pinkie Spy using the logs to locate vehicles. See, the problem with lies is a lack of consistency. When you originally lodged an accusation, Ginger was the one who admitted to this, yet here, to better suit your "evidence", now you are claiming that Pinkie Spy said it (yet, throughout the entire thread, you never once mentioned this).

LTC Pinkie Spy (server admin) and Ginger (butt buddy) are using the server logs to find everyones camps and vehicles. They are stealing all your vehicles and loot, by abusing server admin powers. Ginger has even admitted to this, of course he'll deny it. He hasn't even manned up to say he stole my vehicles today. Just beware, they are cheating and don't care. A server admin..

http://forum.ponyville.net/index.php?/topic/3037-admin-abuse/

Despite the numerous back and forths, to include private messages you sent to me, never once did you say that Pinkie Spy admitted to any wrong doing. It was not until after another forum admin stripped your rights and the rights of Schmidty from posting (because he was concerned you were going to start becoming problematic, which isn't far off from the truth), that one of your fellow clan mates contacted me via private message and told me that Pinkie Spy had admitted over side chat that he was using the logs to locate the bi-plane (which only spawns in literally one location, a location that I pointed out in the post I made when I added it to the vehicle spawn tables) and helicopters (which, because I added additional helicopters, means that there are only 1 to 2 spawns per type). I also pointed out that the logs do not show newly spawned vehicles, only vehicles that have been recently accessed. I went on to tell your little clan mate, that if so many of you guys were online and witnessed it (conveniently, your clan), then why did none of you think to take a screen cap? After all, supposedly, you and Schmidty are server admins too, one would think you would understand that proof beyond word of mouth would be needed to substantiate a complaint.

After the server restart we located a little bird and a V3S and we moved them to our camps. Within 10 minutes of us moving the vehicles to our camp and going out for some loot Ginger messages us in side chat and asks us to help him and Pinkie grab a little bird and V3S they found at a camp. Explain to me how 2 vehicles that are about 300m from each other both expertly hidden are both found in a matter of 10 minutes by guys who just logged into the server? They have already told us they use logs to track the vehicles but that is apparently not enough evidence for the owner and other admins on that server as they would rather disable our posting abilities and lock the thread. http://forum.ponyvil...37-admin-abuse/

Once again, you a.) never mentioned any of this before, therefore it is hard for me to put any real stock in this and b.) once again, no screencaps of any sort to back up these claims. F12 is all it would of taken to prove your complaints and given me the proof required to take action against one of my admins. Also, I will reiterate this since you guys seem to have selective reading skills, but prior to my trip to Germany on 28 November 2012, I went through and changed the permissions for all admins. This was to accommodate the fact that I was going to be out of the country and unavailable to maintain many of the server functions required. Simple, the admin with the most experience acting as a Day Z server admin, was given the most rights (as assigned through the HFBServers' game control panel). His rights included log access, file manager, update manager, and the ability to start/stop/restart the server. I also gave him rights for BEC access and a couple basic scripts to maintain the server (mostly just the utility script and the script for spawning and cleaning up vehicles). Since Simple was the primary, I did not require for Pinkie Spy and Raini to have any rights more than what a mod would have. These rights only include access to BERCon for kicking players (since the ban function is busted) and the ability to start/stop/restart the server. As I have said before, explain to me how exactly an admin with no rights to logs, uses said logs to cheat? The only one that has access to the MySQL tables, is me and there are no plans to change that fact.

This combined with admins not notifying users of server restarts and just restarting the server mid flight blowing up one of our hueys I have grown tired of this server. The community was fine here but the admins are abusing their powers all day long and they are being given free reign by the server owner who is covering for them and silencing any words spoken out against them.

http://forum.ponyville.net/index.php?/topic/3026-im-sick-of-this-admins-stop/

yeah please stop. vehicle just exploded and killed me upon re-entering the game..not cool. give warnings, that's the least you could do for us.

As stated in the original post you guys made about this, our servers have had a habit of random restarts since migrating to the Bliss private hive. While I originally did not have an answer for why this happened (just thought that the scheduled restart function was busted), I have since learned that the restarts are due to an incompatibility with Windows Server 2008 and the Bliss server program. Apparently, at random intervals, the Bliss server crashes and then reboots, which is what causes the server to restart randomly. The only intended restart was a scheduled restart at 0300 EST and because of the limitations with the HFBServer game control panel, there is no way to toggle an alert message to go off prior to the restart (unlike servers running BEC). The times of these restarts are all listed on the server under the server version or server updates thread on our forums (can't remember which one at the moment).

Edited by pinkamenapie
  • Like 1

Also Simple another admin has been caught changing his location via the database, that or he is hacking to teleport himself from one location to another. For The Swarm (a player) was at the NWAF by himself and Simple had just killed a bandit in Cherno, 2 minutes later he kills For The Swarm at the NWAF, keep in mind Simple had no helicopter and For The Swarm heard no Heli before he died. Also when For the Swarm respawned on the coast a few seconds later Simple killed him again at the coast. I used to run a private server and I know you can change your location in the database all you have too do is log out too the lobby and go into the database change your location and items you want and then reconnect and you are where you want to be with the items you want to have. I've noticed that both LTC Pinkie Spy and Simple spend a lot of time in the lobby when playing and come in for short 5 min stints and then back to the lobby. So that confirms my suspicions of these matters.

Once again, as explained in the heirarchy of rights, only I have the rights to access the MySQL logs. Only I have the rights to modify the tables to do such things and only I can see everyone and everything on the server. I have not delegated a single shred of rights for the database access, not because I don't trust my admins, but rather, because none of the have knowledge about how MySQL tables and how they work. This was just a precaution to ensure that something didn't accidentally get messed with or deleted. Once again, if there is so much proof of all these claims, then why are there no screen caps confirming any of this. As I previously pointed out, you guys are on a witch hunt and you're willing to burn anyone and everyone because you didn't get your way. Apparently, [Acies] must be a group of aspie gamers or something, because these are very basic concepts that I have explained time and time again, yet you guys just don't seem to get it.

http://forum.ponyvil...37-admin-abuse/ It's all listed here, which is funny, because you yourself linked to it in your original thread like it proved your case.

The owner claims that they don't have access to logs and the database but I disagree as he clearly doesn't know what his admins have or don't have access too as they are using the logs we have been with them plenty of times on raids of other peoples camps that they found while Pinkie Spy and Ginger where standing right next to us, we have witnessed LTC Pinkie Spy log off in front of us log back in and not be where we are and then when he logs out and back in 10 minutes later he is back at our location telling us to get in a chopper and that we have a camp to raid.

You know, you're right. Apparently, despite the fact that I work as a server administrator for the US Army and have been for 6 years, with an additional 3 years prior to that in another communications field, I'm too dumb to know how to assign permissions. That apparently, my server is just wide open for anyone to connect to it and do as they please, since I never assigned rights to my admins and they are doing all these log checking and database changes without my knowledge. Guess I should just hang up my hat and call it a day. I should just burn all of my technical certifications for security and server administration and go be a grunt, because I obviously have no idea what is going on. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

As listed, nowhere in your complaints on our forums did you ever once mention any of the claims that you are making here. I have provided the links for others to see how full of bullshit you guys are. All you guys kept saying "Well, Ginger claimed that Pinkie uses logs" and "Our camp got raided, it must be hacks!".

I think I've shown enough proof. The server is password protected because they think they are targeted more by hackers then any other server which is total B.S. also they seem to think they are targeted because they claim to be little ponies.

I never claimed that we were getting hacked any more than another server. In fact, as I have been told by my server host, hacking events in general have been up over the past few weeks. The password was put into place after our server was nuked two days in a row and then on the third day, a hacker teleported everyone into the ocean and killed them. The password was a last resort because I could not get support for whitelist through my host. And you know what's funny? You were one of the people crying about all the hacking and demanding that we put in some solution to curb it.

http://forum.ponyvil...sword-petition/

Yes. i'm extremely tired of the bullshit here. whitelist the server, password the server, do something. make people who want to play here, register on the forums, and then they get whitelisted, or the password. otherwise, people won't play here regardless.. yeah "it's just a video game" but seriously, who doesn't get tired of having to re-invent the wheel every day. Friday a hacker came in and nuked the server, and today another asshole teleported us all to hell.

my vote is whitelisting.

See, Reddead, unlike you, I am willing to provide proof to back up my claims. That is how you properly lodge a complaint. So now, for a moment, let's discuss the type of characters you are.

You guys have proven yourselves bullies and liars, this post being just another example about how you're willing to try and bend the truth to best suit your needs. Everything you have claimed, is easily refuted and I have offered explanations and proof for all of it, but you guys refuse to believe anything other than what you want to believe in. This coupled with the fact that [Acies] was pissed off and broke camp with Pinkie Spy and Ginger due to the fact that Ginger crashed their UAZ and lost 20 stanag SD magazines and that Pinkie Spy pulled a few additional magazines from one of the tents located at their joint camp, makes it look more like a personal issue between the you four.

You have proven yourselves bullies, because when you don't get your way you attack people. You did it with this post trying to get us blacklisted, you also did it at the following link because someone accused you guys of hacking/cheating.

http://forum.ponyvil...st/page__st__20

Down towards the bottom of the page and on the following next few pages, you continually attacked a player that had called you a bandit and implied that you were cheating. Ironically enough, even though you guys were so quick to defend that you were "good honest players" that did nothing but run around helping people, I find that you have tents full of hacked gear and that you yourself, were using a hacked weapon.

[Acies] Reddead

Equiped:

[["M9SD","ItemGPS","ItemMap","NVGoggles","ItemToolbox","Binocular_Vector","ItemKnife","ItemHatchet",

"ItemFlashlightRed","ItemEtool","ItemCompass","ItemMatchbox","ItemWatch","M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo"],[["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",18],"30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",

"30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","HandGrenade_West",

"FoodSteakCooked","ItemAntibiotic","FoodSteakCooked",["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",13],"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD",

"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemBandage","ItemBandage"]]

Backpack:

["DZ_Backpack_EP1",[[],[]],[["ItemWaterbottle","30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD","FlareGreen_M203","PipeBomb","ItemAntibiotic",

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","ItemBloodbag","FoodSteakRaw"],[1,2,1,3,2,2,1,4]]]

Created: 2012-12-03 20:54:44

Last Update: 2012-12-06 16:21:02

[Acies] RED skyfall

[161,[1647.44,14658.9,0.019]]

[[["Saiga12K","Laserdesignator"],[5,1]],[["8Rnd_B_Saiga12_74Slug","8Rnd_B_Saiga12_Pellets","Skin_Survivor2_DZ","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",

"HandRoadFlare","Skin_Soldier1_DZ"],[5,5,1,2,1,4]],[[],[]]]

created: 2012-12-02 13:30:01

last update: 2012-12-03 22:49:36

Red means it is known hacked gear, the yellow (due to quantities) are suspected to have been pulled from a hacker crates (since they lost 20 stanag SD mags in a vehicle crash, both members with the [Acies] tags were carrying about 5 or 6 stanag SD mags on them. What was your quote again?

There's only bad blood between the Acies group and Pinkie and Ginger now because they came to our camp, after locating it with the log. Not legit. If you find my camp legit and raid it, then so be it. If you fucking cheat and find it. Then fuck you. We don't have the ability to do such, we find everything and everyone legit.

You know, that's pretty funny, considering you're carrying a hacked weapon, have 3 pipebombs, and a tent full of hacked gear. Yes, to be fair, you gave a half assed explanation about how supposedly Ginger befriended a hacker and had them spawn a hacker crate at your camp, but that makes it even worst since you didn't feel the need to bring up the fact that this happened until you guys had your backs up against the walls, but truth be told, I honestly do not have any evidence of that. Thankfully for you guys, I can't prove that you hacked in the gear either or else you would of been submitted for global bans by now. Point is, it does cast a rather dark shadow over your character.

I would also like to call you guys out on being "prior military". In all honesty, I think you're just a bunch of teenaged punks, pretending to be something that you're not, because grown men don't act like you do. Hell, half of the the people that you have just mocked for "claim[ing] to be little ponies" act more grown up and mature then the shameful display you guys have exhibited, both here and on our forums. Funny you should mock us too, when, (let's find that quote):

don't get me wrong, my friend and I own THREE servers but we still play on this server.. it's the best community of players i've found so far, I really enjoy playing here. PLEASE WHITELIST THE SERVER. Like, today preaseeee.

http://forum.ponyvil...sword-petition/

Hard man there, mocking the very community that you were so quick to compliment. Get a life you child.

This group has done nothing but complain, bully, and accuse the admins of doing wrong since they've joined. Definitely not the kind of players you would want on your server.

TL;DR - Buttmad players get forum posting privileges revoked for making constant accusations against admins with no proof run here to try and get it blacklisted.

[PS. Before you try to claim that this isnt Reddead (or Schmidty, since you two are basically one in the same in my books), you were the only two that had posting rights revoked from our forums, due to constant accusations of the admins]

Edited by pinkamenapie
  • Like 1

I agree most things are in a big grey area of what you call a bad server or server abuse cm. Legacy asked me to start this treat to support the community. If it will end out in a popcorn/fingerpointing topic it will miss the purpose of why it was created and we will probably close it.

I will be responding to the reports that were posted when i had time to read through it. (at work atm)

I think that if people are going to submit suggested servers for blacklist, there should be some burden of proof rather than just their word...

If I have to have logs or screencaps of hacking to ban a player from a server (or at least, that was the requirement back during the days I was on public hive), then to protect servers from less than reputable players, there should be something similar required for recommendations to this list.

Point in case, the [Acies] clan getting upset because they had a personal problem with one of my admins, but despite so many claims by the group that my admin was doing wrong, not a single one of them felt the need to take so much as a screencap. That coupled with the fact that they supposedly run three other DayZ servers, to me it just seems like common sense to do so...

• Like 3

Agreed. Storytelling isn't evidence.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Imo this thread should be closed, Not because its a bad thread but It can turn into a 'Server Reporting thread' kind of thread where butthurt players can blackmail a server without any proof and ruin a servers good reputation. :(

Imo this thread should be closed, Not because its a bad thread but It can turn into a 'Server Reporting thread' kind of thread where butthurt players can blackmail a server without any proof and ruin a servers good reputation. :(

Do tell. It's required to have evidence to make such a list possible, and such evidence is generally reviewed in good hands. If this is handled the way it should be handled, then there shouldn't be any issues at all. Some people may tell stories but the real community members know better then to avoid a server based on someone elses word.

Only two people lost posting privileges on the forums and their rights were taken away by one of the other forum administrators, the same one that closed the thread, not me. I had nothing to do with it because personally, I think the more you guys run your mouths the more ignorant you guys show yourselves to be since you have absolutely no understanding about what rights each of these admins have, thus, your wild accusations are easily proven wrong.

Also, as a point of reference, they weren't banned, they just no longer have posting privileges, there is a difference. The other admin felt that you guys were getting out of control and removed your rights to post as a way to try and quell any problems that may arise. I'm sure in a few days you'll have your rights back.

Believe the story if you want or not, that is up too you, these admins have been abusive and there is a long list of players that will attest to it, I am not Acie Reddead and I don't feel like getting my character banned on that server or my forum account banned because to take a screenshot of an admin using the logs to track vehicles is a bit hard you can imagine.

Yes, exactly, it is impossible to tell if an admin is using the logs, except, I have not given rights to Pinkie Spy to check logs. However, all complaints states that Ginger was the one talking about this in side chat (not voice chat). Up until this posting, it was never stated that Pinkie Spy himself admitted to doing anything wrong (and has continually argued against it). If it was being typed in side chat, a screencap is easy to manage.

I know for a fact the Acies guys gathered that gear from Pinkie Spy's camp after he said it was ok that Ginger had a hacker spawn the boxes and I know for a fact that one of the Acies guys wanted that gear gone but Pinkie and Ginger didn't want to get rid of it. However that is all over voice chat and there is no way to prove that either. I agree this thread is an issue but its funny that he doesn't list the gear of his admins ever who use hacked gear as well.

Actually, according to Ginger (yes, I asked Ginger directly about all of this), Ginger was the one who suggested the hacker crates be spawned at the the camp and that Pinkie Spy wasn't even logged into the game at that time. Ginger was also the one to confirm that the pipebombs and weapons pulled by [Acies] were from the hacker crate, but claimed instead that the ammo was collected legitly.

Either way I know you banned the Acies guys on your forum with no proof from you that your admins do not abuse the system and they had everything to lose, they had been playing there for many weeks and they where the ones that decided to stand up and say something, you abusive admins who have your server have nothing to lose by be-rating them and providing no real proof besides word of mouth as well that your admins are not abusing the system. "Even though it is a known fact that Pinkie's best friend Ginger admitted that they use the logs to find the vehicles they want!"

Either way I find it safer to speak out against you in a place where you don't have the ability to censor me for speaking my mind.

In a court of law, the accused doesn't have to prove innocence, the accusers have to prove guilt. Aside from not having the rights to check logs, what more can I do to prove that he couldn't of possibly used logs to cheat.

Let's say, for a minute, that we are all abusing our rights. If that were true, then why even bother going out and searching for vehicles, since it's a fact that you can just copy your location into the location of the vehicle and it will pull the vehicle to you. Why would anyone need to use logs, if they can just look at the last logged in location of a certain player and copy/paste those locations into their characters location and then relog? I mean, honestly, if it were an issue of cheating, there are more efficient ways of doing it then looking through the createvehicle.log and the arma2oaserver.RPT to find vehicles and camps to go loot? Or for that matter, why have hackers spawn crates at a camp, if we can just go in and modify our load out tables...

Point is, none of this shit makes sense. So either, he's a cheater that can do everything you claim him to be doing (while doing it the least efficient way possible) or you guys are wrong and are too pig headed to admit it.

Once again, it all boils down to the bold statement. One person said it, therefore it must be true.

Also, as a point of interest, the only people threatening to leave are the [Acies] clan. There's what, 5 or 6 of you? Also, why should you be concerned that I possibly know who you are and ban you (not that I am that petty, because in all honestly, your accusations are like water off of duck's back... I just wanted to set the record straight so our reputation doesn't get damaged because of false accusations), since our server is so rife with cheating?

Pretty much, move on with the rest of your clan and leave us to enjoy our game. Things were nice, quiet, and friendly until the [Acies] took up residency on our server and started causing problems.

• Like 1

Pinkamenpie, I do apologize for how everything has gone down, things where not handled like they should have been and posts where made in haste by some of my members including this one here. I have notified the individual who posted these messages and they will be removing the blacklist request shortly.

Just as you stand by your guys, I stand by mine, my post on your forum was in anger of the understanding that I heard things said that clearly made light of an abusive situation on your server, I have no actual proof so I will not say anymore on the subject. Good luck to you and your own I hope you server continues to grow without us there.

Have a nice day.

[Acies] Schmidty

• Like 1

Pinkamenpie, I do apologize for how everything has gone down, things where not handled like they should have been and posts where made in haste by some of my members including this one here. I have notified the individual who posted these messages and they will be removing the blacklist request shortly.

Just as you stand by your guys, I stand by mine, my post on your forum was in anger of the understanding that I heard things said that clearly made light of an abusive situation on your server, I have no actual proof so I will not say anymore on the subject. Good luck to you and your own I hope you server continues to grow without us there.

Have a nice day.

[Acies] Schmidty

Thank you for handling this like a gentleman.

I thank you guys for your vigilance, it is appreciated, however, as I pointed out before. If I would not ban a stranger on the word of another alone, then I cannot be expected to take actions against an admin for the same. If there were some sort of proof, I would most definitely take action (just like I explained with the gear that I found in Reddead's tent and on his person, it was obviously hacked gear on a private hive with no explanation from the logs, coupled with the fact that others have accused him of cheating/hacking in the past. Yet I didn't ban him, because the burden of proof just wasn't met).

You guys are welcome to continue playing on the server as long as we can move past this, I do not hold any prejudice or ill will towards you or the group, even if I was admittedly getting frustrated with the seeming lack of comprehension when I spelled out that all rights for the server are delegated through the HFBServers game control panel and that 2 out of the 4 admins had heavily restricted rights, since they fill more of a moderator role than admin (Pinkie Spy and Raini), that lacks the ability to check logs, apply updates, view game files, etc.

As far as the post restrictions on the forums, I did not place that restriction upon you and Reddead, but I am sure that it is only a few day restriction meant to serve as a "cool off" period (it is generally reserved for people that are overly confrontational). If you desire, I could talk to who placed the restrictions on you and find out how long they set it for.

I apologize if you guys are disappointed with how the situation was handled, but understand, I have hammered admins/mods in the past (not on the DayZ server, other servers I administered) for abuse or unprofessional conduct, but best practice dictates that there be something to support it more than just the word.

Thank you,

CPL

• Like 2

It's a shame Pink has had to waste hours of his time dealing with this when he could have been running his server or dealing with more important things. Honestly, I'm not sure about this thread at all.

Admining a server is time consuming enough without having to spend hours providing evidence on here to defend yourself from one butthurt attention-seeking douche. I think this thread has the best intentions but in practice will give players with ulterior motives a place to vent their anger, as we can see above.

It's a shame Pink has had to waste hours of his time dealing with this when he could have been running his server or dealing with more important things. Honestly, I'm not sure about this thread at all.

Admining a server is time consuming enough without having to spend hours providing evidence on here to defend yourself from one butthurt attention-seeking douche. I think this thread has the best intentions but in practice will give players with ulterior motives a place to vent their anger, as we can see above.

It's not entirely that, for what it's worth, these guys I feel were legitly concerned with fair play and they were trying to do what they felt was the right thing, unfortunately, it was handled in entirely the wrong way. While a PM was sent to me concerning this matter (which was good), a post was also made on our forums about it at the same time (which was bad), since these sorts of things can be damaging to the reputation of the person being accused, as well as the server that the person administrates (whether founded or unfounded).

When pressed as to the specifics on what led them to believe that cheating/abuse was occuring, the first point of reference offered were comments made by a third party (who, yes, does play a lot with the admin that was being accused). This player, however, is not the most reputable and has made questionable statements in the past concerning hanging out with hackers on other servers (as well as falsely accusing the admins of randomly restarting the server without notification, which turned out to be a software related issue). While many players heard this third party say this, because of who that player was, it should have been taken with a grain of salt (which, given that most of the players have only joined since the move to private hive, they wouldn't know any better since most of his previous comments were made while we were still on the public hive).

I tried to explain that the admin in question fulfilled more of a moderator role, with rights to only start/stop/restart the server (as well as kick players through BER) and lacked the ability to check logs, view game files, etc (as delegated through the control panel for my server host), but the members of this group continued to insist that he was using logs to cheat.

Ultimately, it was just a situation that escalated and got out of hand, but has since found a resolution.

To add to a lot of the frustration (on both halves of the spectrum, this group and the admins), was the fact that we were still trying to clean up after 3 consecutive days of major hacker attacks (two nukes and one teleport to the middle of the ocean) as well as a number of smaller attacks (a few hackers that were spawning gear and teleporting around the server to kill users) and a scramble to provide some sort of solution to protect the users (originally was going to use whitelist, until our host didn't offer support for it, then resorted to password protection), all the while these events occuring while I was (and still am) on a business trip half way around the world with limited time and with limited internet connection.

When things got out of control, one of the forum admins (someone that has no part in the administration of the DayZ server) stepped in and closed the thread, as well as removed posting rights for two of the group members as a means to disarm the situation. When that occured, one of the other members came here and made a post under this thread concerning it.

Despite it all, I think that in concept this thread is good (and needed) with many of the servers moving to private hive (allowing for less than reputable server administration, given the increase in rights available to admins), however, the execution of a list like this should be handled a little bit differently. Perhaps lock this thread, preventing people from adding any server at will to this list and require that PMs be sent to the topic starter (BR4INZ Chopper Bob) with the information of accused servers. Along with this information, require some measure of proof (hell, a screencap, fraps, anything more than just the word of one individual) be provided as well. I think that would help fulfill the intent of this thread in the most fair way possible, without any anger or hurt feelings when a server is wrongly accused.

• Like 1

Server name: DayZ DE 1228 [NEW] PietSmiet FanServer 70+ Vehicles! Side Channel On(v1.7.4.4/build 99113)[GMT-5] - hosted by The12Neopomuk

IP: 85.131.213.159:2302

Map: Chernarus

Reason of reporting: I've been playing for half a year on this server today after I had killed 2 survivors in electro I was spellbound by an admin due to hacking.Then my friend asked why I was spellbound reply to that : 1. There is no admin online 2. why should the admin to worry about such a trifle 3. Shut your mouth

For this reason I report this because server admins abuse their powers and i hope that i will unbanned or the server will be closed.

Despite it all, I think that in concept this thread is good (and needed) with many of the servers moving to private hive (allowing for less than reputable server administration, given the increase in rights available to admins), however, the execution of a list like this should be handled a little bit differently. Perhaps lock this thread, preventing people from adding any server at will to this list and require that PMs be sent to the topic starter (BR4INZ Chopper Bob) with the information of accused servers. Along with this information, require some measure of proof (hell, a screencap, fraps, anything more than just the word of one individual) be provided as well. I think that would help fulfill the intent of this thread in the most fair way possible, without any anger or hurt feelings when a server is wrongly accused.

Phew, that was a lot of popcorn to go through. Even when half was already deleted. I agree with Pink on this one. This topic is already shooting past its purpose if people will start fighting little disputes in here. Also the amount of story telling that is still bein done even tho I mentioned this is not valid proof can add to a huge amount of reading material that is based on nothing and should not even be on here.

I will adress Legacy and ask him which course we should take on this but Pink his suggestion to keep report in pm only sounds good to me. That way I can observe the evidence discretely and filter out the storytelling/no proof reports without it goin public.

Edited by BR4INZ Chopper Bob

Have them post a video or pics. Hard evidence or.....it did not happen. I know I don't record but it's not impossible to take a screen shot.

altered my original post with a little introduction about private hive admins and also do not accept public reports anymore. If you would like to report a server please send me a pm