Sign in to follow this  
hazychestnutz

Anyone playing less or completely stopping until the new DayZ patch comes out?

With the constant bugs, glitches and hacking...I think imma hold off for awhile until the next patch comes out. Then when that patch comes out...boo yaaa. Playyy erry day.

Not really new post worthy of a topic. Players come and go as they please. Its only natural that players play less when its buggy and more when its good and new features are out.

I went from 6-8 hours a day to hmm maybe 30min to a hour a day since they improved the tone mapping.

Other thing's are annoying the shit out of me as well. Like going to loot a place and every single piece of loot in the structure disappears in a blink of an eye. Or getting a vehicle and driving to places and no loot has spawned. I understand how it is, its alpha. I chose to sit this phase out for a bit though. No worries.

I'll definitely be playing this next update though. Too many kick ass thing's happening to miss out on. Hehe.

With the constant bugs' date=' glitches and hacking...I think imma hold off for awhile until the next patch comes out. Then when that patch comes out...boo yaaa. Playyy erry day.

[/quote']

The reason you would want to play during alpha, a time when bugs and glitches and hacking happens, is to help make the gold release all the better. Help iron out the bugs now and enjoy a better game when it's done.

With the constant bugs' date=' glitches and hacking...I think imma hold off for awhile until the next patch comes out. Then when that patch comes out...boo yaaa. Playyy erry day.

[/quote']

The reason you would want to play during alpha, a time when bugs and glitches and hacking happens, is to help make the gold release all the better. Help iron out the bugs now and enjoy a better game when it's done.

A test base of 20k is WAY more than needed for that.

230k just makes the devs have to search through whiners about certain systems (ones that are remaining) to fix or alter ones that require it.

nurture the alpha into an amazing game that you can say you were there from the beggining on before all the call of duty fans and assholes join

[/quote']

A test base of 20k is WAY more than needed for that.

230k just makes the devs have to search through whiners about certain systems (ones that are remaining) to fix or alter ones that require it.

Even if a person never posts on the forum or sends the devs a bug he is still helping to stress test, develop mechanics, tweak the average life expectancy, provide stats, etc.

nurture the alpha into an amazing game that you can say you were there from the beggining on before all the call of duty fans and assholes join

A reason to add Survival Only servers. Not just PK bullshit. Tired of gunning down people with a makarov who want to play bandit.

A reason to add Survival Only servers. Not just PK bullshit. Tired of gunning down people with a makarov who want to play bandit.

A survival only server would be a horrible idea. Now people who want to pk can just farm to their hearts content in a safe server then go pk in others. Also, in EVERY zombie comic/book/movie/show there is always the threat of "bandits". Like so many others have said, bandits are a necessary evil.

Me... im waiting to see the new patch outcome (especially for the makarov removal on spawn, if it will fix the deat-match problem).. but mainly im waiting how those script-kiddies will be handled.

I was playing it but now even on a server with low ping and setting on low I am getting lag lock big time. Instead of getting frustrated with the game, I am taking a break until the next mod update comes out.

I doubt I will take any substantial break even though I am very excited for zombies to not see through walls!

The server side vehicle fixes are also going to be fantastic. I haven't played with those changes yet.

Ill just play some diablo 3 while i wait for the next patch

Played the 1.7.1 all the morning with my friends but we stopped.

Zombies are broke. They have the ultra super sensitive vision, they can see you everywhere, even proned.

Will wait for 1.7.2 to play again. Already give my feedback about 1.7.1 and its almost impossible to play with this new zombies.

Ill play its so darn fun ill just want moore... but the 1.71 really broke it I cant get it to work properly right know... Im gonna try again tomorrow wanna se what the real fuzz is about!:P

BTW: Dont hold out.. Its an Alpha we the testers/gamers is what this Rocket guy needs to make this mod Great, I do wanna be a part of that though... I feel this is the closest anyone ever come into realising my Dream Zombie survival game!:)

So keep playing, keep venting and keep helping this game evolve, I will and alot others to and maybe we can help get this rusty thing in a good condition!:D

My coworker and I have decided to not update the game and try to find servers still running 1.7.0. We refuse to play any server running the new patch.

They already did and they will either:

1. Get with the programme

or

2. Be leaving soon ;)