Sign in to follow this  
digitalx

First things first?

Downloading Combined Operations as we speak, not new to Arma, but new to DayZ so a couple of questions:

1. Will the option to play DayZ be a seperate desktop Icon, or included in the Steam Library, or in the Arma 2 Menu as an option?

2. Is it possible to play just on my own? (I know it sounds sad)

3. How would i go about creating an empty, private lobby just for mates?

Thanks.

I highly recommend you download and install Dayzcommander, which will help you install, update and launch DayZ.

It can also help you filter for empty servers, if you want to meet up with your friends, without too many other players.

Im new myself, but have played a few games so i'll answer what i can.

1. Either use DayZ Commander, you will have to download that, but very handy. Its that or go into Arma2 Operation Arrowhead and into expansions and switch on DayZ, then go into Multiplayer. DayZ Commander is much better in my few days of experience.

2. Go into a empty server i guess, ive seen them, but they will eventually fill up. I cant add more to that.

3. Dont know,

Hope that helps, im sure a few veterans will answer all your questions with more depth.

I have Commander already. That all seems clear enough, thanks for the help!

on the private lobby question, there is a server section of the fourm - there will be advice there

Downloading Combined Operations as we speak, not new to Arma, but new to DayZ so a couple of questions:

1. Will the option to play DayZ be a seperate desktop Icon, or included in the Steam Library, or in the Arma 2 Menu as an option?

No but you don't need one. I used to use steam to right click on Combined Ops and choose Run Arrowhead but the steam menu changed and I haven't tried it since. It now says Operation Arrowhead, so presumably you can launch the game from there. However, like others, I strongly recommend you download a programme like dayzcommander, which does it all for you. It even lets you update the patches software quickly and easily. You just run it and select which server you want to play on.

2. Is it possible to play just on my own? (I know it sounds sad)

No single player but I play solo a lot of the time. If I see a bambi dying repeatedly at the coast, I might pop down there to help them out or meet up with a pal for a few hours but in the main, I play alone. Not always safe or easy. I'm hoping that come the standalone game there will eventually be a chance to play single player or even just to run your own private server, like you can in Combined Ops. :thumbsup:

3. How would i go about creating an empty, private lobby just for mates?

I don't think you can but what most people do is talk to mates during the game via teamspeak, skype, or similar services.

I hope that helps. I thought I'd add my reply as I wasn't sure your questions had been fullly answered. Ask if you have any more questions and welcome to DayZ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula