Sign in to follow this  
Oldboy66

Where to find good loot?

Hi, just started playing dayz and never seem to find anything of use :[ The scenario is I spawn wander about for a bit might find some flares or something, die. What type of buildings can you enter to find the good stuff, as you only seem to be able to enter about 10% of the ones I come across :/

• Like 1

Military areas are also often dangerous. As a new player I suggest barns for starter weapons. You can usually find a shotgun, enfield, or crossbow in them. When you get a better handle of the game or on lower populated servers check the military tents in cherno or starry.

The best loot in the game is found in helicopter crash sites. They usually have billowing black smoke making it easy to find.

you should have a look at http://dayzdb.com/map#5.052.039

90% of the time i play i have it in the background and alt-tab to it

Not only is it good for seeing were loot spawns but the chance of what items spawn there

Also after awhile you will be able to identify what buildings you can/cant enter by there shape as there is only maybe like 10-20 types of buildings you can enter, and half of them you wont even bother entering after awhile because you dont need empty cans and flares

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I will take on board what you said and keep looking :-)

i suggest you to search the barns that stand at the borders of both cherno and elektro, that kind of buildings is always open and you can easily spot them from far away (long white with blue roof, long brown, short with red roof, dayzdb provides also a photo of the location). entering the big town already armed is a big advantage. then i suggest you the brick house, because it has two exits. and the little shacks if you search for an axe or tool box.

Don't take this the wrong way, but the best way to "find the best loot" is to play the game.

Travel, search, investigate, learn.

Take time to enjoy being in DayZ, don't rush for the top gear in the first few days.

You'll appreciate good loot more when you find it by your own means.

Good luck....

• Like 1

Plus when you get the very best military loot you become paralysed with fear that you're going to lose said loot. I'm never happier than when I'm running about with a Winchester or an AKM. I can look after myself quite nicely with that thank you very much :)

Barns spawn stuff like Winchesters, Lee Enfields, CZ550s etc., if you venture in to Cherno or Elektro you've got a good chance of picking up an AK at the firehouses, there's also a good chance of snipers and asshats in general lurking though. That's the chance you take... xD

Imo don't bother with barns, go for places with many spawn points. My preferred tactic is to circle a town, preferably not within 250m (so you dont personally cause zombies to spawn) and look for the supermarket. The supermarket is a smallish single storey building with a glass front and big windows down one side, the front also has double glass doors.

Also check for apartments, they are red, square multi story buildings which occur in blocks. There are loads in Cherno and these are often good for things like backpacks, I even found ghillie suits there. They are near the edge of Cherno so you can get in and out fairly easily. There is also a Hospital right near some apartments so you can grab several morphine.

You should quickly find a pistol or shotgun in these places but what you really need to find is a knife, map, compass, hatchet and matches so you can navigate, hunt and cook. A few quick raids should provide you with this stuff. Then head off to hunt for deer stands and crashed helicopters to find a good weapon. Then you can start to effectively take on other players.

You don't need to look far at all for great gear, there's many ways to "find" things ;)

That's not hacking either before the trolls attack!

Now the question....

Is this a legit tactic?

Probably not, so another question?

Is this my fault that there's an easy to use loophole that everyone does?

Debate: