griffinz

ArmA 2: CO in "Top Seller" list

Yeah BI has probably made tens of thousands off this mod's popularity, grats guys. It's always good to see the inspired, principled indie businesses succeed.

I personally know 4 guys who bought Arma2/CO solely to play this mod.

Hell, I actually bought it on Steam because I couldn't find my OA key anymore. Of course I finally found the manual (and the key) 5 minutes after completing the purchase on Steam...

I don't consider it money wasted though, since I've had tons of fun with this amazing mod the last couple of days. I've already spent more hours with DayZ than with several 'blockbuster' releases I bought at full retail price.

Honestly, the last time a mod fascinated me that much was when I downloaded the Counterstrike beta more than a decade ago.

I just hope that Rocket will continue with this amazing project, improve it and tweak it as necessary without breaking the original atmosphere.

Just to let people know that Me and roughly 6 other mates will be getting this mod next week. The more people the better! spread the word over facebook and youtube and all the social networking sites becuase I want this game to be huge!

BI should give Rocket like a super bonus.

I doubt that will ever happen. What could happen however, is that BI take him under their wing and produce the mod with official support, or more specifically: an offshot we would have to buy later on.

This has happened quite a few times in gaming history. A few examples:

- the 'Mount and Musket' mod for Mount & Blade: Warband (released as a DLC called 'Napoleonic Wars')

- 'Counter Strike' for Half-Life

- the 'Defense of the Ancients' mod/map for Warcraft 3, which spawned several offshots (League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Blizzard All-Stars and DOTA 2)

BI should give Rocket like a super bonus.

I doubt that will ever happen. What could happen however' date=' is that BI take him under their wing and produce the mod with official support, or more specifically: an offshot we would have to buy later on.

[/quote']

Pretty sure he's a BI employee

Even so he's not producing this mod with any official support, at least not as far as I can tell.

Even so he's not producing this mod with any official support' date=' at least not as far as I can tell.

[/quote']

I don't have any information that the rest of you don't have but yeah, rocket works for them and yeah, I'm willing to bet that record sales of a two year old game has earned him more than just a pat on the head. Others with maybe more insider knowledge than me have already claimed that this mod somehow being worked in to Arma3 is a certainty (DLC, stand alone, freebee, who knows).

Anyway this thread is repeat of several similar ones. I approve but am also trying to keep the forum half way neat and organized. Merging this thread with the other ones.

I'm about 99% certain that Arma 3 will include this mode as default.

They'd honestly be stupid not to.

Others with maybe more insider knowledge than me have already claimed that this mod somehow being worked in to Arma3 is a certainty (DLC' date=' stand alone, freebee, who knows).

[/quote']

That's great news. Hopefully we'll hear something official about this at some point.

...And Arma2 CO has made it to the no. 1 spot on the European Steam sale chart. That's a first..

#1 in EU now. Beats Max Payne 3, Skyrim and Cowaduty. Impressive.

Only the A+ titles on sale are beating Arma 2:CO here in Oz/NZ

Rocket, keep it up! Make sure that there is enough of good servers for your mode, cause it's a bit troublesome to join one atm.

Yep its #1 now Worldwide.

The amount of money this is generating for BIS, I hope they look into buffing up the central server(s).

And/or announcing official support for ARMA 3. Maybe roll that out with a pre-order for cash infusion :)