Sign in to follow this  
Mrman101

More focus on Zed's

Hello.

What I don't like about dayz is the zombies, I mean it is a zombie apocalypse but zombies in game are no huge threats to experienced players, they are just annoying.

So a couple of way to make them better without stating the obvious (like pathing and all that)

Make them more restricted: Like, don't have a zombie that can climb ladders or open doors, have it so that they have to find another way up, or that they wait in a circle surrounding the building.

Make them a bigger threat: Make them able to pop tires and tackle you to the ground, perhaps even as far as saying that the first stage infected (see Deans explanation on dayz on youtube) can drive cars but poorly of course.

An idea for the horde thing: Make the horde break up over time, for example, if a horde starts off with 100 zombies, and a group of survivors manage to take out fifty of them and then ten of the zombies chased the survivors, there would be 40 zombies left in that horde, and if they go to a city, they can collect more zombies for the horde.

Ok they are some big suggestions that some people will love, others will hate, but take this into consideration

Thank you for reading.

• Like 1

They already are working on zombies in the Standalone, there´s no point in working on them in the mod. Zombies already surround buildings and making them able to pop tires is just too much. They can climb ladders and open doors because they are AIs that are already in the game with different actions, Rocket nor any other developer will rework the AI to make it more realistic, it´s being done in the Standalone.

The first time I was chased up a ladder by infected I thought it was amazing.No you should not be able to just climb a lader to get away as thats silly.

They have said that support for the mod will still exist. Abandoning it would be quite the dick move.

They have said that support for the mod will still exist. Abandoning it would be quite the dick move.

It won't be abandoned but it won't be updated by the devs anymore. The plan is to have the MOD completely run by the community with minimal oversight and guidance from the devs. As you saw, the last patch was solely a community collaboration.

OP, would you mind linking the video that you mentioned? Sounds interesting

only really agree with the horde idea, random massive horde roaming the map. not sure whether that will wreak havok on server resources or not but its still a cool idea. However I really dont agree much with the rest