teddyhunter

Xbox 360 controller compatible?

Hey everybody so I was wondering if there was anyway to use my xbox 360 controller on this? I have the wireless receiver so it hooks up to my computer fine but I was wondering if it would be compatible with the dayz mod? Would I have to use xpadder? If so what are the controls of DayZ? Well thank you!

You'll need far more buttons than those available on the xbox controller in order to play Day Z effectively. Also, aiming will be... less than helpful.

The Xbox Controller IS compatible with Arma2, However it's just not feasible to actually use it. Not enough buttons.

I'm not sure how exactly it would work, but if it has incremental throttle control, I can see it being useful for flying and driving.

I routinely use a Logitech X360-style USB gamepad for stuff like that, although rarely in ArmA.

Incremental throttle can be very, very nice though.

If you do use it just dont play the game like i have said 1000 times this is not COD or BF dont play it like it is besides you need more buttons then the what 11 that a xbox has trust me you wont

Well the reason I want to use it is because I have a laptop that has a trackpad and I cant really afford a mouse right now. So could you please list all of the controls here?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/armacontrols2vh3.jpg/

this lists all the controls used in the game. You could use an xbox controller like I do for most games but youd have to leave out a lot of those extra commands that may be necessary at some point. So you could play with a controller and use a few keys on the keyboard for those extra things... I guess

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/armacontrols2vh3.jpg/

this lists all the controls used in the game. You could use an xbox controller like I do for most games but youd have to leave out a lot of those extra commands that may be necessary at some point. So you could play with a controller and use a few keys on the keyboard for those extra things... I guess

Thanks

It's entirely possible to map a TON of stuff to a controller, technically it would require a @-type mod to get most functions mapped into a GUI but it wouldn't be difficult.

I use an Xbox controller with my laptop and it works just fine, its actually easier to sneak around with it as you have the digital input for the movement speed.

The only thing is you'll have to use the keyboard and mouse for inventory actions but you shouldn't really be trying to do that in combat anyway. Oh and you cant free look around either.

Although I'm more combat effective with the mouse, I have absolutely no problem shooting with the Xbox controller.

I use an Xbox controller with my laptop and it works just fine' date=' its actually easier to sneak around with it as you have the digital input for the movement speed.

The only thing is you'll have to use the keyboard and mouse for inventory actions but you shouldn't really be trying to do that in combat anyway. Oh and you cant free look around either.

Although I'm more combat effective with the mouse, I have absolutely no problem shooting with the Xbox controller.

[/quote']

Could you tell me how to map all the controls and everything? Thanks!

Could you tell me how to map all the controls and everything? Thanks!

Go into controller options, click 'game pads' and then activate the controller scheme already there.

Everything you need is already on the controller, these are ARMA specific movement / shooting stuff. Use your keyboard / mouse for everything else.

For stuff like using fires and things you use DPad up / down and for use its A. I'm yet to try the attachable keyboard. I'm tempted to write an C# program which sends key presses if it does not work (Which I will release here aswell).

The controller shouldn't be considered a complete replacement of the mouse / keyboard but it really does help if you're on a laptop or are just better with it.

geez guys if he wants to use a controller then its up to him

he asked for help, not to be flamed!

I actually took a lot of time tweaking an xpadder profile that has nearly every single button on the controller, I'll be making a separate thread for it so I can log the feedback and changes and will link it here when its up. This mapping is x10000 better than the stock controls.

My friend uses a ps3 controller for everything in dayz, rather him than me lol.

Although flying in arma in general is much better on a controller, i use a joystick for that though.

But for everything else... theres K&M

I actually took a lot of time tweaking an xpadder profile that has nearly every single button on the controller' date=' I'll be making a separate thread for it so I can log the feedback and changes and will link it here when its up. This mapping is x10000 better than the stock controls.

[/quote']

Hey when you do can you post the link in this thread for me?

Well the reason I want to use it is because I have a laptop that has a trackpad and I cant really afford a mouse right now. So could you please list all of the controls here?

A tolerable Logitech mouse is $10 or less. Don't use a crappy xbawks pad.

Yes you can use an Xbox Controller, I just got the game so take what i say with a grain of salt :D

Its PERFECT for chopper piloting! I have never crashed a chopper unless i was being a ditz lol

HOWEVER I leave it at the corner of my keyboard and use my mouse/keyboard for everything else, since the movement and aiming is smoother imo.

Driving is almost the same so I just stick with keyboard jic i need to bail.

*Note I use a wired controller not a wireless!*