r4z0r49

L85 Should it stay or go

L85  

644 members have voted

1. 1. Should the BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS be removed from Dayz?

• Yes
    • No
    • Replace with an Alternative (without Thermal)

It was removed because the thermal was overpowered, especially when combined with sniper rifles, replacing it with a thermal rangefinder would be ridiculous.

Sorry, but no it isn't. With a thermal Rangefinder, you need to take away your gun, check to see if there are people there, and then take out your gun and try see them. The reason for this is because when you are in the Rangefinder Thermal, you check for Landmarks so you can pinpoint where the player is, it is mainly just to check if there is someone there at all, then you search for him with your Sniper, or other gun. So no, it isn't ridiculous at all.

• Like 2

Derrrr, Rangefinding should be the job of your spotter.

That's what sensible people have been doing with the thermal scope up 'til now anyway. Working as tag-teams.

Yes, it is ridiculous. A thermal rangefinder would make their job even easier.

A little bit of thinking goes a long way.

The problem isn't the gun. The problem is the ammo. Guns should be relatively common, it evens the playing field. Ammo should be relatively rare, it makes you choose carefully when to use your guns. Rare ammo discourages griefing, it encourages exploration, and reinforces the scavenging aspect of the game. Rare guns with plentiful ammo means you search until you find a fun gun, then find a good spot to grief for a long, long time. It also allows clans to stockpile ammunition for rare guns, eliminating the need to go out and search once you get your favorite gun.

YES, now let the tears flow.. start whining!

Yes, start whining about OP .50 cal and ghilie suit.

Now without thermal you are just sitting duck.

I vote for removal because its too OP weapon, night vision and thermal ability... if L85 gets some normal scope like ACOG or CCO that it can stay. But I really don't care for it, I would like to see AK-107, VSS, VSK, Galil, H&K G36K, FAMAS, FN FAL paratrooper and even FN FAL with some normal optics because FN FAL as it is is useless, FN FAL with ACOG would be awesome gun.

L85 should be removed unless thermal and NV is removed, with normal optics it should be fine but with even lower spawn rate because its high end military assault rifle.

I vote for removal because its too OP weapon, night vision and thermal ability... if L85 gets some normal scope like ACOG or CCO that it can stay. But I really don't care for it, I would like to see AK-107, VSS, VSK, Galil, H&K G36K, FAMAS, FN FAL paratrooper and even FN FAL with some normal optics because FN FAL as it is is useless, FN FAL with ACOG would be awesome gun.

L85 should be removed unless thermal and NV is removed, with normal optics it should be fine but with even lower spawn rate because its high end military assault rifle.

1. You didn't even have L85, if you say that.

2. Are FN FAL useless? No. You just can't handle it right. Btw FN FAL ACOG is OP, because straight projectile trajectory, optics, NVG compability and full auto mode.

3. The only reason peoples using L85 is thermal scope. Without thermal scope it's another shitty AR.

Yes, start whining about OP .50 cal and ghilie suit.

Now without thermal you are just sitting duck.

If you are sitting duck, you are doing it wrong.

Its funny how some people cant see thermal OP, when you can see anyone "anywhere" as miniature suns... you can run, but you cant hide..

• Like 1

1. You didn't even have L85, if you say that.

2. Are FN FAL useless? No. You just can't handle it right. Btw FN FAL ACOG is OP, because straight projectile trajectory, optics, NVG compability and full auto mode.

3. The only reason peoples using L85 is thermal scope. Without thermal scope it's another shitty AR.

Well you know what's going to be next, now all the whiners will move onto getting 50cals removed, then the next weapon that their all getting killed by and the next and the next.

Like I said time to leave daymod to the n00bs, we've got our private hive that we run our way with all the weapons we want in the game so they can shove their updates as we are just adding back what they remove :thumbsup:

@fapnapkin poll is closed, biased poll is biased as the only people around here are whiners and admins as the people that do not have an issue with the L85 are not here, there enjoying the mod.

It's laughable that a few 100 votes can decide such a major change in a community of 1.3million players!

If you are sitting duck, you are doing it wrong.

Its funny how some people cant see thermal OP, when you can see anyone "anywhere" as miniature suns... you can run, but you cant hide..

No, not me, but you and all the other whiners.

As a part of team i'll be protected by my buddies, but pussies without thermal or good team still will be teared in pile of wet rags by ghilied snipers with .50 cal.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

I really do have to LOL over the whiners wanting it to stay. A head shot from a revolver kills just like an AS50 to the toe does. There is a certain amount of balance there.

Thermal compared to no thermal is a HUGE advantage and there are some that just don't have the confidence in their skills without it or it wouldn't be this big a deal for them. They are pooping purple popsicles now that they are gone. HAHAHAHHAA

At all the private hives keeping them, I wish your servers forever empty. They are welcome to come to our fair server.

Poll is biased? WOOOOW talk about straight up butthurt.

I don't want to hear ANYTHING about how an apocalypse isn't supposed to be fair, either. Vid games need balance for starters and enders. Talk to me about realism when I can't sprint forever and carry 4 33" ural tires or 2 AS50s in my backpack.

I am literally tingling from the fact that enough fair minded players voted the correct way on this. Proves there are more fair minded people here than not. It is encouraging.

DayZ till the end of Days

:)

Edited by NoyZ
  • Like 1

I'm guessing the "whiners" to whom you refer, are all the people who aren't crying about losing their toys.

??? Read the first sentence again . . . . . . . . . . carefully this time. ;)

If that was at the post above mine then disregard this post.

Edited by NoyZ

I prefer this weapon removed from the game, even though me and my mate are using it very often. I like the idea that I will be spotted much harder.

??? Read the first sentence again . . . . . . . . . . carefully this time. ;)

and how does a thermal scope without the weapon fare against the revolver?

What does that have to do with anything? It doesn't exist in the game. The thermal that we are talking about IS on a gun and got shit :emptycan: 'd. As soon as there is a thermal rangefinder ( LOLOL) in the game, we could start another pole and see where it ends.

Go to suggestions and start a thread and see where it goes. Maybe it will catch enough of the right attention and get added. My money is on 'Hell to the NO!!'.

Edited by NoyZ

Well,you can ambush the revolver player quite easily if you spot him from afar with the thermal and kill him with another thing, is what i used to do when i had the L85 at hand.

If that was at the post above mine then disregard this post.
Consider your post disregarded. :lol:

EDIT: Damn, I missed like half a page of banter.

Edited by Chabowski

What does that have to do with anything?

part of the discussion taking place, more then less going on behind the scenes of the official l85 removal celebration party.

i guess you're just busy enjoying yourself there.

Maybe it will catch enough of the right attention and get added. My money is on 'Hell to the NO!!'.

Just as this thread cought enough of the right attention and the thermal got removed.

Poll's on the forums about controversal features are useless and will end onesided, like to be seen here.

The members on these forums are not representative for all dayz gamers.

Edited by Azrail