geogeorgegeo@hotmail.co.uk

Sudden, seemingly random extreme lag.

It varies in interval, let's say half an hour to 2 hours: I get sudden extreme lag. This lag makes everything about 3 frames per second, I am unable to play. To fix it, for some reason I can just go to video settings and change quality (e.g. if on Low then to Very Low), it refreshes it (goes black and loads or something) then it is not laggy. Otherwise it will just stay at this constant lag forever.

I use Arma2: Free, if that makes any difference.

It is annoying because I just died from a zombie hoard because of it.

Thanks.

It varies in interval' date=' let's say half an hour to 2 hours: I get sudden extreme lag. This lag makes everything about 3 frames per second, I am unable to play. To fix it, for some reason I can just go to video settings and change quality (e.g. if on Low then to Very Low), it refreshes it (goes black and loads or something) then it is not laggy. Otherwise it will just stay at this constant lag forever.

I use Arma2: Free, if that makes any difference.

It is annoying because I just died from a zombie hoard because of it.

Thanks.

[/quote']

I think I'm getting the same thing, I'll need to test the settings change thing to confirm it is the same, but mine drops to extremely low fps and the texture for my characters face disappears. I think it might be server side but I'm not sure, the first time it happened to me about 7 people all disconnected the second it started.

I had it happen recently. I was on a server, everything was smooth as glass. Went to a different server to mess around with some camps I'd found, come back to have my home server at a constant 0 FPS. Taking literally a minute for the starting letters to fade. The server reads 37-42 ping and my ping in the lobby is around 50. Other servers are fine but suddenly this one is not playable for me even though my friends are having no issues whatsoever.

Edited by VikingBerserker

Is your video memory set to default?

No, mine is set to normal which is the same as my textures. I'm trying to save as much FPS as possible but I can't stand low lol.