Sign in to follow this  
synnyster tick

limb bandits scare me 0.o

So I’ve been reading up on things they want to put in the standalone, and it occurred to me that if you can knock other players out, and amputate limbs we could potentially be seeing limb bandits...

Just think about it. You’re running through Cherno, fresh spawn, and all of a sudden you get knocked out... when you come to you have no limbs and your lying in the middle of the road... completely fucked!!!

• Like 2

Could spawn an entire black market economy based on limb & organ reselling.

DayZ takes another step towards mirroring reality.

Terrifying.

• Like 2

Walk into a house and find the walls filled with legs and arms :o . Would make me shit my pant's and run and never go back to that house!! Friendly my ass!

jesus thats as bad as the hackers who spawned in a helicopter that ate a bus, wonder if any of the bandits already have a post up talking about a black market when the stand alone occurs.

then again alot of the bandits we see now probably wont get it because itll cost them money and maybe there will be more friendly faces around but still it sounds like a good idea to have a extra pair of limbs like how you always have a extra pair of morphine or pain killers

I don't think severed limbs would be as convenient as morphine, seeing as how much space they would take up, and possibly blood stains if the team does do this and if they put that mucb effort into it. Plus, although I am no doctor,

I don't think limbs would stay alive for more than an hour after detachment.

What is this about a chopper eating a bus? I want vids!

Severed limbs seem a tid bit silly, but I like the idea of having some form of "trophy" when killing another player. Because in the real world not every threat would dress us as a bandit, all players should be variations of survivors/civilians. But instead of wearing an ear around your neck like Darryl from The Walking Dead, I like the idea of having blood on your characters arms after looting a freshly dead body. Depending on how long the bodies been dead you'll have dryer or less blood on your arms. This would help differentiate between when a player was killed so you could be weary, but also seeing other players with blood on there arms would make yourself more defensive. Also after getting blood on your arms it should dry then fade away, or some form of this. I give you the basic idea, you do something with it Rocket!

What is this about a chopper eating a bus? I want vids!

no vid but the topic i found randomly while i was looking through the bandit camp site part of the fourm, ill let you know when i find it again cause for some reason what i said in that topic isnt showing up on my page anymore. for now jut imagine a helicopter rotor ontop of a bug and the rails on the bottom of it with the tail on the back of the bus. basically it seemed like the bus had its normal capacity but using the q and z you could fly it

I'd like to play an Ed Gein sort of character. I'd target vunerable female survivors and make gloves out of their skin and bikinis out of their breasts and vaginas

• Like 1

found the topic in terms of the helicopter that ate a bus...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/107829-what-did-i-do/#entry1020118

if the link doesnt work msg me ill find a way for you to see the picture he has on the fourms

in regards to the limbs again, was thinking and talked to my brother about it, it may be taken out similar to how the lights are being shut off in a hotfix but if they are to stay it makes no sense for the limbs to come off and be kept in your inventory cause you would need some sort of cooling device to keep it. plus if your me and sometimes wander away from your partner when hes offline, how in the hell are you going to get a new limb? especially when your partner cant find a victim in the vicinity before the "timer" expires.

It might be cool just for the fact that if I see someone running around carrying multiple limbs, I can pretty much assume they're a bandit and kill them.

hmmm sneak up on a sniper, inject morphine then amputate his legs without him knowing :D

• Like 2