underdog1209

More animals

Good point, as far as wilderness survival goes, bears and the like are an actual issue.

Maybe make cows and pigs very rare (cos they easy to kill) and add deers which startle easy and run fast like rabbits do, and make them and rabbits very common, Also add ability to shoot the birds that fly overhead for food.

All so theres hunting in the game

Fishing? :P

• Like 2

I think there should be a few more threats in the woods then just bears, mountain lions on the big hills maybe? Random bear traps in the woods. I just love the idea of adding more animals to make it so that you can survive mainly in the woods but not without danger

I'd love to see more development on the animals. Some running away more (like the rabbit does, but better)... some that will actually attack you (wild boar or dogs). That kind of survival aspect is actually fun (there are some games out there just involving hunting) and adds some controllable risk/excitement to the game.

I don't think you get mountain lions in Russia, but I could be wrong. A lynx or wolverine could fuck you up though.

There should be snakes and spiders to worry about too. They're probably more dangerous, because you can't see them.

Then there's ticks and mosquitoes. You REALLY don't want to catch Lyme disease or Encephalitis when there's no hospital on the go.

I think wilderness and hunting will be subject to a lot of revamping over the next wee while.

Setting snares on a game-trail would kick ass.

• Like 1

Gray Wolf, Red Fox, Brown Bear, Tigers (if Chernarus is set in far east Russia), Deer, Antelope, Raccoon Dog, Bobak Marmot. Red Squirrels that run up and down trees and difficult as hell to shoot like rabbits. BUT with the addition of extra animals zombies should spawn in forests and eat the animals, but animals shouldn't become zombies, not like Resident Evil, more Walking Dead.

I would also like to see smarter/ more agile animals. Right now the only animal that seems to act as it would in real life is the rabbit.

Yea, I think animals should be the main source of food. Canned food and such should be extremely sparse.

Animals should also be authentic and act as they do in real life. For an example, deer should startle very easily and run while bears should try to eat your face off. As well, like stated, I would love to see a large variety of different animals.

As lights stated canned food should become rarer. An idea would be to keep it as is now for a bout a year but when the beta gets released make it very rare. This would add emphasis on hunting/ growing your own food, so as in a real appocolypse food supplys would dwindle.

Eh, food timer is too short then if food will be more rare. As it is you eat what... every 30 min or less? Kinda annoying, feels like ur always clicking food. I'd like hunting more for food, but with a grindy fast food consumption rate... eh itd just get old IMO. It'll just result in shooting other players more for food.

Edited by Seddrik

Yea, I think animals should be the main source of food. Canned food and such should be extremely sparse.

Animals should also be authentic and act as they do in real life. For an example, deer should startle very easily and run while bears should try to eat your face off. As well, like stated, I would love to see a large variety of different animals.

I think its all reversed right now.

You usually cook canned food before eating it, which would mean you have to start a fire every time you wanted to eat. Which would deter from being wasteful with cans.

Meat should stay as it is where you cook a couple steaks. And have them in your pack.

For the new spawn, create snacks that you dont need to cook but won't fill up the hunger all the way. Just to get you started.

What so you think?

//double post, im on Tapatalk sorry

Edited by kniFely

I agree, and make more hunting options, i love surviving out in the wilderness, i hate going into towns >:D