Sign in to follow this  
tandwan

JSRS sound mod

Can I use the JSRS mod with DayZ on public hives? If I use the right @line when I launch the game is JSRS compatible with DayZ public hive? I prefer JSRS over the normal sounds and i'm hoping there's a way to make this work without going to a private hive.

Only some private hives accept this mod, so I doubt public hives will, they seem to kick you for the smallest mods.

Huh I may have to try this out and see what happens. Worst thing that COULD happen is the mod doesn't load or I get an error, right?

Huh I may have to try this out and see what happens. Worst thing that COULD happen is the mod doesn't load or I get an error, right?

Any news? Would be great if it worked out. I might try it out as well, but thought I would ask...

It does not work :( You will get an error message saying that you cant join this server with said mod.

Edited by Rooneye

Haven't tried it out yet, but maybe this tutorial will work for some,

http://bmrf.me/vbfor...-Setup-Tutorial

good luck

Yeah that will work, but ONLY with servers that allow it. Does anyone know a list of servers that allow this mod? I would be interested to see it. So yeah if you have a server that allows this post it here please!

Yeah that will work, but ONLY with servers that allow it. Does anyone know a list of servers that allow this mod? I would be interested to see it. So yeah if you have a server that allows this post it here please!

I can really recommend BMRF servers - I usually play on BMRF #1

After some testing, and recommendation from the BMRF forum, I would go get the ACE_SM sound mod from here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12160

So far I've testet the revolver, AKM, and SAW, and they sound amazing. ACE doesn't have some annoying animal sounds which kept popping out, but I suppose you can just delete those pbo files.

I can really recommend BMRF servers - I usually play on BMRF #1

After some testing, and recommendation from the BMRF forum, I would go get the ACE_SM sound mod from here http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=12160

So far I've testet the revolver, AKM, and SAW, and they sound amazing. ACE doesn't have some annoying animal sounds which kept popping out, but I suppose you can just delete those pbo files.

OMG! That server has some awesome guns, the G36 (and MG36) sweet! Thanks for the tip man I will be joining that server for sure, does it have side chat?

Yeah I play ArmA 2 so I know all about the Ace Sound mod :) Speaking of sound mods there is a small addon for JSRS called Sound of Steel (S.O.S) that I love, purely for the sound of one gun :D M249 SAW, its the first gun in this video:

Edited by Rooneye

OMG! That server has some awesome guns, the G36 (and MG36) sweet! Thanks for the tip man I will be joining that server for sure, does it have side chat?

Yeah I play ArmA 2 so I know all about the Ace Sound mod :) Speaking of sound mods there is a small addon for JSRS called Sound of Steel (S.O.S) that I love, purely for the sound of one gun :D M249 SAW, its the first gun in this video:

BMRF has side chat for texting indeed, and group chat for VOIP. They're pretty serious about not using the side chat for VOIP as a server rule, and as it freaks out everybody xD

Thanks for the link! Really great sounds aswell, might as well try all of them ;)

BMRF has side chat for texting indeed, and group chat for VOIP. They're pretty serious about not using the side chat for VOIP as a server rule, and as it freaks out everybody xD

Thanks for the link! Really great sounds aswell, might as well try all of them ;)

Signed up, was playing on it yesterday. And yeah haha people talking on side chat is a nightmare, puts the shits up you sometimes, but I do likes me a server with side chat on.

Also I learned who Billy Mays is or do I say was? No no, is. I prefer is. I imagine my mum knows him, she loves that type of thing!

Signed up, was playing on it yesterday. And yeah haha people talking on side chat is a nightmare, puts the shits up you sometimes, but I do likes me a server with side chat on.

Also I learned who Billy Mays is or do I say was? No no, is. I prefer is. I imagine my mum knows him, she loves that type of thing!

Had to look that up aswell hehe...

Great to hear you signed up. The community seems really great, and you can always suggest new mods, or new ideas in the forums. I know that JSRS was a suggestion from a player, so they really do listen, and support us.

Maybe we'll meet up some day in Chernarus ;)