Sign in to follow this  
Morrah

How to Chat.

Hey Guys,

Can somone pls help me out:huh:

i want to chat with the other players, but with the normal chat from arma ( under options ) i cant chat with the other players.

Morrah

Press the keys . and , to switch between chats. hit the / button to open the chat.

Most people use the Side Channel (Blue.)

You cannot chat while dead/unconscious. You also cannot switch chats while connecting in.

Hope this helps.

First off each server is different:

Side channel when present works well but ANY information you type in can get you killed, Basically: Hey I'm in Cherno in the 3 story apartment buildig can someone help me out?

While that can be a call for real help or a bandit or you telling everyone where your at for friends to meet up. You may as well set off fireworks and dance naked in the streets while swinging a neon sign from your lower extremity.

Global chat ( white, public ) everyone see this

Group? ( green, public ) Work in the server log in screen sometimes in game.

Direct - works as you point to a player and speak or text, so your conversation is secret.

Server - ( Yellow, ?? ) Never made much use of this but other players see it.

Servers running the beta-patch can disable side/global channels.

If you have the beta-patch yourself, joining a server without the beta-patch, makes you unable to use side/global, while other player still can. If you like side/global chat, launch the game without the beta-patch and play on non-patches servers.