penguinacity

Proposed Benefit for not killing other players

Hi!

Bandits get the benefit of getting great gear from dead players. But non-PK's need some sort of benefit for not killing.

My suggestion is the ability to set up and join custom made groups in game if your humanity is above a certain level. I know custom made groups can be made from playing other mods. With these groups, the non-killers can communicate, and coordinate in privacy.

PK's with a humanity below a certain point would be unable to join the custom made groups.

The benefit is not getting a bandit skin and being 50% more likely to be shot on sight. Besides, not every player has "great gear," as most of them tend to not survive past the coast.

There should be grouping option, I agree. But not only for survivors but for everyone. Why would bandits be prevented? I can't think of any reason for this to happen. In fact, survivors would find it easier to group than bandits, because the latter group can't trust anyone by default.

Of course, this will change as well, since bandits are most probably to be scrapped, but it doesn't change anything. All of the game mechanics should be exactly the same for everyone.

PS. I am not a bandit in game, just to be clear.

Why not go old school... real old school... Ultima Online type old school PvP.

Survivors 'aka' noobs. get small Blood healing over time.

Bandits do not get a blood healing over time regen.

If you want to be a bandit it is assumed you know what you are doing, know the layout of the area, spawn points, where to hide. Your rewarded for being a bandit by not being a survivor.

Why not go old school... real old school... Ultima Online type old school PvP.

Survivors 'aka' noobs. get small Blood healing over time.

Bandits do not get a blood healing over time regen.

If you want to be a bandit it is assumed you know what you are doing' date=' know the layout of the area, spawn points, where to hide. Your rewarded for being a bandit by not being a survivor.

[/quote']

You're assuming all survivors are noobs.

Bandits are disadvantaged because they are kill on sight, a lot of bandits have bad gear. I agree there should be groups, but for everyone.

What is my benefit FOR killing other players?

TKJ

-Better gear

-Guarantee that if the other guy is dead, you will not be shot

-Thrill of the hunt

-Supplies(if the better gear part does not apply)

-Bait, to lure in other survivors who want to check the body for loot

As of now there is no reason to not kill other players. In fact the general rule of thumb is to shoot first and worry about it later.

I have to admit that I would like to see tools for players to organize themselves to some degree. I would also like to see things for people to work towards besides building exceedingly fragile vehicles, and the occasional helicopter. I imagine these things will be added later, but as of now there is nothing to do in this game besides finding food, finding water, and killing other players. Therefore, we wait.