Timb

scripts.log is getting spammed with...

dayz_losChance = {

private["_agent","_max"

22.11.2012 15:45:05: Ghosty (SSQC) (IP) GUID - #23 "ong! disconnect and try again!", "BLACK OUT",1];

player enableSimulation false;

};

};

Any idea on what's causing this? I'm using the most recent txt files located at the dayz-community-banlist website. (http://code.google.c...munity-banlist/)

It's caused by:

dayz_code\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf

if ( !dayz_preloadFinished ) then {
endLoadingScreen;
disableUserInput false;
cutText ["Something went wrong! disconnect and try again!", "BLACK OUT",1];
};

You may use my scripts.txt for now to get rid of the spam introduced by 1.7.4.4. But please guys, LEARN HOW TO ADD SIMPLE FILTER RULES on your own.

It's caused by:

dayz_code\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf

if ( !dayz_preloadFinished ) then {
endLoadingScreen;
disableUserInput false;
cutText ["Something went wrong! disconnect and try again!", "BLACK OUT",1];
};

You may use my scripts.txt for now to get rid of the spam introduced by 1.7.4.4. But please guys, LEARN HOW TO ADD SIMPLE FILTER RULES on your own.

your scripts does not fix it. it now becomes error #22

Surely dayZ updates should be tested with the latests scripts release and even released with thier own scripts so this does not happen. it is only common sense. why release something that they know will fuck up unless something else hardly any of the population understand and change

Any how scripts are now something I can no longer look at due to the spam. a month ago you could look at a log and see who was possibly cheating or know for deffinate. now there is so much spam I have to open 100MB + text files!?

your scripts does not fix it. it now becomes error #22

Surely dayZ updates should be tested with the latests scripts release and even released with thier own scripts so this does not happen. it is only common sense. why release something that they know will fuck up unless something else hardly any of the population understand and change

Any how scripts are now something I can no longer look at due to the spam. a month ago you could look at a log and see who was possibly cheating or know for deffinate. now there is so much spam I have to open 100MB + text files!?

A 100 times this.

Also, it's been known since 1.7.4.4. was released that there are issues with the script.txt (script restriction #21, #38, #41, #45 anyone?) but still the script.txt from https://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/source/browse/#git%2Ffilters hasn't received an update since weeks. If this is the way of the community-mod DayZ is going after standalone release...

• Like 1

Hi All,

I also noticed a lot of those messages in my logs, so let's check where they come from:

- Server CPU is not capable of handling all the data related to several players logging into the server, plus the ones already playing, synchronizing, etc;

- Internet connection speed/bandwidth/latency is not capable of handling all the data related to several players logging into the server, plus the ones already playing, synchronizing, etc;

So let's say two players on each 5 are getting stuck on those "loading" or "wait for host" messages, and if they are patient enough, they will wait until they get the message: "Something went wrong! disconnect and try again!" - Then they will see the screen "BLACK OUT"

I know it is the obvious origin, and we see it as a spam to the log, but it indicates the cpu/connection is not handling all players.. imagine the frustration of so many players wating to enter the game and getting this message. Some never get back to that server, so it is bad for server popularity.

So instead of getting rid of that message in the logs (thru changes in the scripts), the ideal solution would be not originating them, i.e., we admins should enhance processor capacity or get higher upload rate, or lower the number of slots in your servers...

I bet that if you restrict the number of slots to the half you are using today, just for an hour, you will notice those messages will vanish from your logs - except for those eventual players that loose connection during the host handshake, sometimes for reasons related to their own bad connections...

So no need to mess you scripts.txt...

RBoos.

PS: (Just my 2c, please correct me if I am wrong. Posted this to MissBehave on another thread about the same issue.)