Sign in to follow this  
oldfossil

Bug or 1.3 feature?

Hi all,

last night I played on a server, a very smooth one of wich I don't remember the name.

After a while the server suddenly kicked me off for high ping reasons (higher than 156, or so).

When I reconnected on another server a new player has been created and apparently I lost the previous one.

Is this a feature? Maybe a server hopping preventer?

This night I'll try to play again, maybe my previous and quite well equipped player will be back again from the void...

PS: I play ArmAII patched to the last official release, I don't updated it to the last beta. An issue like this already happened to me during a Video Driver crash that forced me to restart ArmAII.

Maybe you joined a private hive server ?

Each Private Hive server has it's own database seperate from the main hive database. This means each one of these servers you join will create you a new character that stays only on that server.

Is there any chance that you may of hopped onto a private hive as this sounds similar to what happened to me and it turned out that I was on a private hive, but if not I highly doubt that it is a feature it would be a bug. I think you may of encountered a bug or got onto a private hive without noticing.

Yes, maybe I hopped inside a PH.

I think you all are right.

This night, if I can, I'll try again on a PS to see what will happen.

Thx all for your replies!

@Undead Knight: yes, I was surprised too for the high ping performance required from that server, for me playing at pings > 100 is pretty usual, but I never had any problem before.