Sign in to follow this  
Rick the Survivor

Arma 2 Free FPS

I am currently running DayZ with Arma 2 Free and have very bad FPS for no reason, if i bought the whole version would it increase my FPS?

Post your specs to make it easier for us to help you

I play on a dell laptop, windows 7, 8gg ram, the processor is a Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @2.20GHz 2.20GHz, not sure what this means but Display adapter type Intel® HD Graphics Family Total available graphics memory 1696 MB Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 1632 MB Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.2361 Primary monitor resolution 1366x768 DirectX version DirectX 10

Does this help?

There are also many optimizations that can and need to be made based on your computer specs such as allocating memory, allowing access to multiple cpu threads and a general guideline to settings that will balance resources between cpu and gpu accordingly.

Then from there you can go into game profile configurations and edit them to change everything from complexity of objects loaded to your field of vision.

Arma 2 is not one of those games you install and it works perfect. There is a lot of fine tuning to your personal set up. I recommend checking out some arma websites for optimizations and tweaks.

Heres a couple links to quickly read through and get some idea of where to start

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73947-ArmaHolic-ArmA-2-Optimization

http://www.dayzpvp.com/ultimate-dayz-graphics-settings-and-tweaks-guide/

and heres one more using the forums search

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38865-how-to-increase-fpssmooth-out-the-game/

Edited by RuecanOnRails
  • Like 2

I play with Arma 2 Free, no fps problems here...

Edited by Rebel1705

Intel HD Graphics <<<<< - Thats the reason for the poor performance.

Buying the full game could go both ways and there's no real way to know until you actually try it.

The FREE version uses low-res textures so the hit on the GPU is much lower

The FULL version uses higher res textures so the GPU will take a hit BUT at the same time you'll have access to the latest patches

which have improved perfomance of Arma 2 by huge margins since it was released back in 2009.

If you're serious about playing games like Arma/DayZ you should seriously consider investing in a desktop PC.

Unfortunately I don't think buying the game is going to give you a boost in performance with that processor.

Does that man that you can run the game and still play if you only have ARMA 2 and not ARMA 2: OA?

Does that man that you can run the game and still play if you only have ARMA 2 and not ARMA 2: OA?

No. You need OA. He just means he has the ArmA 2 Free + OA.

And this is the reason for poor performance this guy already said:

Intel HD Graphics <<<<< - Thats the reason for the poor performance.

Buying the full game could go both ways and there's no real way to know until you actually try it.

The FREE version uses low-res textures so the hit on the GPU is much lower

The FULL version uses higher res textures so the GPU will take a hit BUT at the same time you'll have access to the latest patches

which have improved perfomance of Arma 2 by huge margins since it was released back in 2009.

If you're serious about playing games like Arma/DayZ you should seriously consider investing in a desktop PC.

Get a proper graphics card if you can that will give you better performance that you are looking for :)

EDIT: Scratch that, just realised it was a laptop. Get a desktop! :D That's your best option, theres nothing much you can do with that laptop to improve performance :(

Edited by Rooneye