theszerdi

Ears Drop on PK

From here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96910-notches-and-ears/

While there is a large part of the dayZ community that is geared towards the deathmatching aspects of PvP, I also hear alot of people complaining that they don't want to kill but are inevitably forced to in self defence (or paranoia). So I think that players should be able to take 'trophies' from players they kill, but they should also have the option of 'paying respect' to the person they just killed - closing their eyes or putting the dead players jacket/shirt over their face (or anything else you can think of).

Maybe, just as more 'violent' players (as suggested by Liquidcactus & Vindicatior) can take more grotesque trophies, the more humane a player gets the more elaboratly they can pay their respects (eg. burial with wooden cross).

The key is - Both taking a 'trophy' and 'paying respects' should appear as part of the description of a body you examine (if it isn't represented visually in the game).

The reason I think this would add to the game is that both these actions can now help players guage the nature of the players in their area - It has the potential to turn the (mostly selfish) impulses of players into a interesting naritives (and/or tool) for other players.