furlean

The 'Post your ambient music thread'!

I'm a big ambient music fan so I feel I can post a couple good tunes to go along with the game ;)

Caretaker - Past Life Regression

Autechre - Vletrmx21

Duster - Constellations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj2mSop-_wE

Maps and Diagrams - Last Train Home

Mogwai - Music For A Forgotten Future

I tend to just throw something on pandora low volume, usually trash/pop/crap.

I can't really provide a youtube link to a few songs like everyone else here but I have a playlist on winamp purely made for killing zombies, I threw it together for L4D/Zombie Master runs but it still kind of fits the mood.

Mainly just soundtracks with some Two Steps from Hell and Requiemn for a Tower thrown in.

Shaun of the Dead

Zombieland

Army Of Darkness

Dawn of the Dead '87

Dawn of the Dead Unreleased Incidental Music

Dawn of the Dead '04 Official

Dawn of the Dead '04 Unoffical

Dawn of the Dead Promo Score

Dawn of the Dead

Zombi - Dawn of the Dead

Night of the Living Dead

Day of the Dead

Saw 1-6

House of the Dead Overkill

28 Weeks Later

28 Days Later

Brian Eno - Roman Twilight

Norma Jean - Memphis Will Be Laid to Waste

Johnny Cash - Hurt (Tupac and Biggie Mash-Up)

M83 - Asterisk

Nas - Surviving the Times (Oll Zen and Osmoose Remix)

Nujabes/Force of Nature - Death Wish

Cunninlynguists - Valley of Death

Jedi Mind Tricks - I Against I

Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved

-- If you don't see the irony/awesomeness in slaying bodies to Bob Marley, you're a bad person.

FYI - I really detest all of the "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR" music that people play when they're killing things. Idiotic. You're already killing things, the music should be about sending a message or setting a tone that is complimentary, not a duplication.

For example, opening scene, Apocalypse Now. "The End", by the Doors. Song isn't saying "Aaaand the napalm lights up the juungle!". Wanna' know why? Because the screen is doing that for you! The song is there to cast a general overtone of despair, antagonism, and futility... not to outline specifically what's going on.

If you listen to typical, "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR" music when you're slaying things... it just signals to me that you've got no imagination, along with no taste in music. If you're one of these people, consider your tastes to be officially judged, weighed, and found insanely wanting.

/condescending and rightfully self-righteous unfounded judgements on people over

M83 fucking sucks I'd much rather listen to some awful drowning pool song than that fucking garbage sorry

M83 fucking sucks I'd much rather listen to some awful drowning pool song than that fucking garbage sorry

CSB.

Some pretty good tracks on here, would be nice if the admins could sticky this so everyone could post their fav ambient tracks :D

I've got a YouTube playlist of Stalker and Metro 2033 guitar songs. I may not be the only one, it seems!

Gonna go ahead and necro this to add some to it:

Godspeed - East Hastings

A Silver Mount Zion - For Wanda

Set Fire to Flames - And the Birds...

Boards of Canada - Sunshine Recorder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xU09AXhlkk

Red Sparowes - Mechanical Sounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CX58mDlwZk

Man, I could go on for days...this game is so fantastic for insutrmental music.

I've always loved this brand of ambient/industrial music and this mod has simply further piqued my interest in such a genre.

I'll peruse my iTunes library and list my favourites.

Haunting. Just amazing.

Really hits the nail in the head.

Haha' date=' I see I'm not the only AT fan here. :D

While those ones are great, in my opinion, nothing beats this one for sitting down at the top of a radio tower at midday and looking over the Zombie Infested landscape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVvjXJentik

This game could use alot more ambient music that blends in with the surroundings. Random noises making you think you aint alone and get you all paranoid. I really dont feel like walking trough a post apo world when all the birds are twittering happy and some nice music is playing.. I'd love different spooky sounds in the big towns and buildings!

i think the music could be loads better' date=' im a signed musician and would love the opportunity to work on some music for dayz, ive been looking for a reason to create some scary music fro some time now! check out my debut release (those city lights are an instrumental duo)

Check us out on facebook here :D

Woah, the story behind this video is terrible. People are really fucked up. (Google "Sophie Lancaster")

Not ambient, but Darren Korb's "The Pantheon" fits DayZ perfectly. It's a bonus track on the Bastion soundtrack that I got with the latest Humble Bundle.

YouTube Link

I'd like slightly more subtle sound' date=' I think paranoia inducing ambience serves dayz best. I still find myself turning around when I hear that sound of something hitting a fence.

I wanna hear that sound sample they used in the grudge that the phone makes..that was a creepy sound.

[/quote']

That stupid chain link fence noise drives me crazy. I'm constantly glancing behind me.