Sign in to follow this  
pjano

Ability to shoot out of car windows

I got in a car chase last night (with 3 other guys in the car) and it would have been even more epic if we had the ability to shoot guns and throw grenades out of the car window GTA style.

• Like 2

I got in a car chase last night (with 3 other guys in the car) and it would have been even more epic if we had the ability to shoot guns and throw grenades out of the car window GTA style.

Hmm, something like this for any passengers would be good - not sure on the limitations on the engine but I'm sure something could be implemented at some point.

I think it's a good idea, it's especially annoying in a road-based vehicle being chased by a chopper with gunner but you can't return fire without stopping (and then being cut in half by machine gun fire).

i'd really like to see this happen. when you're driving around you feel like a bit of a sitting duck when you can't shoot back at anything.

Some of my best GTA moments were after a grenade rolled out of the open window of a moving car...

Time to transfer some of that awesome to DayZ. What 'realistic' without being able to shoot out of cars?

• Like 1

but it's just copy GTA , gta isn't realistic much some of it not all of it

i believe Rocket has discussed this at an FAQ at eurogamer. he said that it is "on the list" but not planned on being implemented right now. he says that it would be very hard to implement into the game due to the ARMA engines' nature or something. i believe it is somewhere in this video

i believe Rocket has discussed this at an FAQ at eurogamer. he said that it is "on the list" but not planned on being implemented right now. he says that it would be very hard to implement into the game due to the ARMA engines' nature or something. i believe it is somewhere in this video

A modding team already accomplished it but it's pretty difficult from what i heard because it's not just point and click.

I wonder how many things he is planning and how much of it actually will make it into the game in the future...he is making too many promises...

i have seen it done from a mod in arma 2 and i think the mod was based on vbs 2 wich is the the military version of arma 2 so it is possible

stil can't get the damn embed mode to work :-( Edited by pressytcn

Take a number or use the search function, this has been mentioned before

I´d like to see minor weapons. Would be stupid meeting a group with 4 people in an Ural, two sitting in the back with 249s and one in the passenger seat with grenades.

the v3s has a slot in the cab on the top where they mount nade launchers

how about you can fix an m249 or an mk48 or an m240 on there? yeah yeah? or a sniper rifle

THE MOBILE SNIPER >:D

I mean GTA style is kinda unrealistic, but if the passenger and non driving people could fire in their line of site and not like lean out of the window that could be cool actually, it could make vehicles abit more safer.