Sign in to follow this  
matacks

Killed a hacker, took his stuff - Namalsk

So heres a quick story. I'm playing dayz namalsk. I'm playing solo. Eventually I find a military compound. I carefully approached and entered one of the promising looking buildings. I find an M16A2 with ammo.

I can hear gunshots so I know a few other players are present so Im careful.

Then I notice this one guy who is prone and is aiming his DMR at all of the tall structures. He seemed to be playing like a total newb. I decided to take him out. It set my M16A2 to burst, aimed and placed a few nice bursts at him from about 70 yards away. It killed him almost instantly even tho I was shivering because you always are freezing in Namalsk.

So anyway, I waited for a good ten minuets before leaving the tower (building) because I knew there was one more player in the compound. Later he found a big truck and I watched him drive off.

At this time I decided to look my kill. What I found was surprising. the guy had a rocket lauchner, m16a2, night vision googles, binocs, alice pack and basically everything but he didnt have any food. I thought this was very stange that a player would act like such a newb like that and then have so much nice gear. He also acted like a crybaby when I killed him and then chatted that I was a c-word and that I was going to be dead and so on.

anyways I continued my game, later on I almost died from stavatoin but was ultimately killed when some guy offered to give my a ride in his ute and then had his teamate shoot me when I ran towards the vehicle. it was dumb on my part but I was starving and was going to die soon anyway. it was sorta hillarous actually. it too bad I never got to use the night visoin goggles. but when I was playing it was daytime.

I dont know for sure if that first guy I killed was a hacker but it seemed like it could have been a possibilty.

K end of story.

Weaponry is very common on Namalsk, where as food is not.

Perhaps he had already eaten his food?

Don't be so quick to conclude someone to be a scripter.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

Maybe he got lucky and found someone's filled tent or vehicle. I dunno why it always has to be a hacker. :rolleyes:

Found plenty of ghillie suits and "high powered" weapons as a fresh spawn. Either I found tents/ vehicles or I got lucky and found DMR's/ M14's etc. at deer stands or the like. Actually I don't remember the last time I properly geared up all by myself. Nowadays I just look for camps and vehicles.

• Like 1

How can he have had a backpack if the Rocket launcher takes up your Backpack slot? i call BS on your story mate.

• Like 2

There's nothing there to suggest he's a skiddie. Finding people that are tooled up (especially on Namalsk) is no reason to suspect a thing.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

How can he have had a backpack if the Rocket launcher takes up your Backpack slot? i call BS on your story mate.

Gee whiz, I don't know... maybe he had the rocket launcher IN his backpack....

It doesn't work like that...The rocket launcher takes the backpack slot

You can access "gear" and put the launcher in without replacing your backpack. Been there, done that.

It doesn't work like that...The rocket launcher takes the backpack slot

What he said. Every large weapon (every belt-fed machinegun and Rocket launchers) will completely replace your backpack and are too large to be packed into one.

• Like 1

You can access "gear" and put the launcher in without replacing your backpack. Been there, done that.

tried that with an Mk48 i found once, didn't work. made my backpack dissapear completely and never found it again.

tried that with an Mk48 i found once, didn't work. made my backpack dissapear completely and never found it again.

Then you're doing it wrong. Just yesterday I picked up a rocket launcher, put it into my vehicle and then moved it into a tent without losing or putting down my backpack.

You cannot just pick it up, you have to scroll over it until "gear" pops up, then open gear, open your packpack and put it in (takes ten slots I believe, ammo takes 2 or 3).

That's also how you can carry about 4/5 guns around with you. One handgun and rifle on you, 3 in biggest pack (2 rifles, one handgun, no space for ammo like that though) :D

Edited by SquishyBear

Then you're doing it wrong. Just yesterday I picked up a rocket launcher, put it into my vehicle and then moved it into a tent without losing or putting down my backpack.

You cannot just pick it up, you have to scroll over it until "gear" pops up, then open gear, open your packpack and put it in (takes ten slots I believe, ammo takes 2 or 3).

That's also how you can carry about 4/5 guns around with you. One handgun and rifle on you, 3 in biggest pack (2 rifles, one handgun, no space for ammo like that though) :D

I used "Gear" isntead of pick up, i've lost too many weapons from just picking them up, i've learned my lessons. It might have been just a bug or the game not working correctly. It was around the time of the great graphic fuckups and backpacks dissapearing from just picking up a ghillie-suit. If it's different now, very good to know.

I used "Gear" isntead of pick up, i've lost too many weapons from just picking them up, i've learned my lessons. It might have been just a bug or the game not working correctly. It was around the time of the great graphic fuckups and backpacks dissapearing from just picking up a ghillie-suit. If it's different now, very good to know.

Yeah I've lost plenty of items too. Actually the major problem is usually that you don't have enough space in your backpack so it will just wildly replace something or not pick anything up. Though I haven't had issues like that in a long time now. Maybe it's cos I've switched to a private hive.

K guys Im seeing all the replies... I think i saw a rocket laucher.. I think. I was so nervous when I was looting that dude that I didn't hang around long. Theres a possibily that he never even had a rocket launcher but I cant say for sure. All I can say was the way the player acted compared to his gear seemed unusual, but it could have been nothing.. In the end, he may not have been a hacker and I could be totally wrong.. or maybe Im right?

thatnks for all the replies. This is a pretty cool forum.

Edited by matacks