Sign in to follow this  
noisemedia

I want to play as a medic/rescue character - thoughts on that?

Hey guys, I've been playing about a week, pretty much a noob if you still use that term.

My goal is to role play as a medic or rescue for lone wolves or small groups. I've done it successfully a few time so far but it's impossible to tell if he's just gonna turn around and kill me afterward.

Anyway, I prefer that kind of game play and would be willing to join a small crew or even help someone if you see my name on the server list thingy.

Please, opinions and ideas are welcome. I go by noisemedia.

Also advice on good servers would appreciated.

for better or worse, if you need help let me know, i dont care who you are. its all about karma.

• Like 1

There's a group of survivors with that in mind. They're called The Medics of the Wasteland. Go check them out.

First of all, do what you gotta do. In DayZ you decide how your story will play out.

I play on a private hive cluster consisting of 3 servers: CA 20, 24 and 25. Lots of bandits on there so we could always use more bait... I mean medics. ;)

Awesome thanks guys. I will check this out...

First of all, do what you gotta do. In DayZ you decide how your story will play out.

I play on a private hive cluster consisting of 3 servers: CA 20, 24 and 25. Lots of bandits on there so we could always use more bait... I mean medics. ;)

you may see me on there. i suppose at least you'll have an easy target.

Doc Wasteland's team are the ONLY medics team, in my view. They're utterly reliable and trustworthy. So, you're going to have to prove you can reach their levels of skills and maturity. Good luck if you go ahead with your ideas. I'm sure it's rewarding. :) :thumbsup:

Sula, I contacted them and submitted the request and all that stuff. thanks for the info guys.

in the meantime, if you spot me on a server dont be afraid to ask for help.

I would't recommend starting as one. I'd get a group and have some fun with good gear first. Once you've had your fun, become a medic. It's a good way to get the most out of DayZ.

Going the medic route has been a game changer for me and its opened up some very interesting gameplay times for sure !

I play as a medic on 2 private hives and one of the tricks is having wheels and supplies to enable the rescue missions and the other is the players on the server knowing who you are. On one server i have a seperate toon skin with the red hat that the admin installed for me but both servers have blue side chat on.

And thats the trick for operating on a server, the blessing of the admin and comms with people who need help and you are good to go. Go find a private hive with blue server chat, find some wheels and learn the map and hone your craft, and have spme fun on the way !

arma2oa2012-11-1015-49-18-44.png

arma2oa2012-11-1819-22-13-99.png

Well I'm getting the game soon and I know a few people. There will be around 5 of us so if you would want to then we would be grateful for the help and extra firepower