goatboy

help with spawning LHD

I was wondering if anyone had a script or something that allows you to spawn all the LHD (Aircraft carrier)'s pieces together, creating the whole thing. i am trying to do it thu the database but getting the spacing right is just a ..... i have seen it on other dayz.st servers so i know it can be done.

thats for the in game editer im trying to spawn it in with the database. a bliss database if that helps

The class name for the aircraft carrier is GLT_LHD, you don't have to assemble it by parts.

Requires rMod (obviously)

I should of said this be for. i am trying to add it as a building. so after a script or even the spacing for each peace .

ok i am trying to add it into the database. i have got it to spawn but its under the water this is what i have.

[id] [building id] [instance id] [worldspace]

116 500 797 [0,[6078.48,7210.56]]

117 501 797 [0,[6078.47,7210.51]]

118 502 797 [0,[6078.47,7210.52]]

119 503 797 [0,[6078.52,7210.60]]

120 504 797 [0,[6078.43,7210.37]]

121 505 797 [0,[6078.41,7210.52]]

122 506 797 [0,[6078.36,7210.57]]

123 507 797 [0,[6078.59,7210.66]]

Hi wastelandgoats,

I am also having a hard time piecing these together with the Bliss database. I did notice in your coordinates that you are missing the 'Z' axis. Your coordinates are, [0,[6078.48,7210.56]] but try [0,[6078.48,7210.56,120]] (120 made it stand out of the water pretty nicely, as 0 placed it under water) and this might help you with that problem. I wish there was an easier way to piece these together. I thought it would be as simple as putting them on the same coordinate and they would already have the appropriate spacings to line-up properly. But it never is that simple...

BTW, I just signed up on the forums just to post this.

place a Game Logic on your map where you’d like your LHD and name it something like LHD1.

Then use this in your init.sqf:

waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};
LHD1 call BIS_EW_fnc_createLHD;

Edited by MessHall

put everything on the same spot and add ,10 to the end

[0,[6078.48,7210.56,10]]

I still don't understand why you guys prefer to spawn it as a building when you can just use the GLT_LHD class to spawn it as a vehicle and it's already assembled. Can anyone explain?

I'd venture that GLT_LHD works as a building spawn as well - what's the difference?

Edited by ersan191

The class name for the aircraft carrier is GLT_LHD, you don't have to assemble it by parts.

Requires rMod (obviously)

i guess we do not want to run rmod?

i guess we do not want to run rmod?

Oh is GLT_LHD rMod only? I thought it was a defined class in GLT_LHD.pbo

ive told you how to spawn it with an official bis command.

It builds it automatically just requires you edit the init file, no need to mess around farting about with rmod or co-ordinates.

Edited by MessHall

Do you have to add the game logic via Arma 2 editor? I can add an aircraft carrier in arma 2 oa, but it requires RMod...So do I merge the game logic file with the server file, then add script to the end of that file?

the way i did it was in the database. that was some time ago now so the new database might be fucked stall. the other way to do it is by putting it into your .pbo file or by a scrip that is if you have ftp to your server.

here is a link for adding it into the .pbo Link

For a scrip just google around there are tons of them.

The problem with that, is don't you have to have the LHD file in the addons folder to add it in the editor? I have had to do that to add it in to the editor, but that requires rmod for some reason. Am I not seeing something right?

Has anyone had a problem doing the database way with the front half being perfect and the rear half way up in the air or underwater?

If I put everything the same height, the rear half with tower is way up in the air the height I put it at, if I put the height at 0, it goes under the water. However, if I set it to 9, it is high enough to reappear just above the front half of the deck. Looks like the 3rd and 4th sections are overlapping some and it setting the height for the rear half based off the front half, except when they touch each other. When they touch each other the back half reverts back to height from the ground....

place a Game Logic on your map where you’d like your LHD and name it something like LHD1.

Any chance of giving a more detailed description of how to get the Game Logic into the mission file?

Thx in advance

Any chance of giving a more detailed description of how to get the Game Logic into the mission file?

Thx in advance

I have been trying to add the LHD as a deplyable and indeed wastelandgoats' coordinates align it perfectly. BUT I had to add the height at the end of the coordinates, and some parts sink 100m, others float 100 above; so the vertical alignment are weird, maybe it is based on each other part, or based on (irregular) ground below it?

I will wait for more light on Messhall's tip, but I imagine you have to:

- download the Armathech's GLT_LHD.pbo addon,

- put it in your server's AddOns (or Common?)(or both?) folder,

- using the ingame editor, edit the mission placing "a Game Logic (WTF is that?) on your map where you’d like your LHD and name it something like LHD1".

- edit (thru notepadd++) the init.sqf file adding (Where in the file? Beginning? End?):

-Repack the mission.pbo,

-upload the new mission.pbo to your server's MPMissions(chernarus) folder and the LHD to you server's AddOns folder

- Try it.... I will wait for MessHall's answer cause I feel lazy to try this I posted...

Do you guys think it might be as I described?

Edited by rboos

hi

go to your documents and your arma2 other profiles your name and then MPmission make a new folder lhd1 if you want then add your mission file from you unpacked mission pbo

if you log on as you do to you game via commander at the log on screen use disconnect..then multiplayer...then at bottom new....then just click OK....

then highlight your map then double click new editor.....

and you are in map you can load your mission file from your your unpacked mission pbo from the folder you made

then go to map were you want carrier  on the right of screen highlight player.. double click on map about were you want carrier ..a screen opens leave as is apart from select at top.. game logic... the save and at map to right save it again give it a name lhd1 wotever

back your way out and then go back to documents arma2profile your name mp missions youll see the file you just saved use the mission file inside it to pack in your mission pbo upload to server and your sailing pardon the pun :)

add this to init.sqf i put mine at end after everthing else ...

one issue though it seems to spawn double if anyone can help ????

Edited by billy.bloggs

one issue though it seems to spawn double if anyone can help ????

This thread is over a year old and wastelandgoats hasn't been online in over half a year.

As for your question: that's a known issue with the Editor, make sure you've not included the object you're trying to spawn twice.

Old thread. Locked.