RedNoak

i came back to dayZ and it trolled me.

ok

after beeing absent from dayz for a couple of month, today i decided that its time for some fun in cherno :)

i didnt really wanted to get into the whole survival thing, hording stuff, find a nice campsite etc... i just wanted to stalk some people in cherno or elektro... u know having a good time for a couple of hours...

so this is what happened...

i spawned near cherno and made my way to the firedepartment to find some weapons.

after alarming some zeds i decided to shrug em off in a house and in there i found a enfield. great i thought, a ENFIELD. best weapon to walk around in cherno -.- ...but hell, better then nothin.

while approaching the firehouse, i saw someone walking around in the tower. ...hmm enfield+someone camping, sounds like fun.

but then i lost sight of him and shortly afterwards i heard gunshots and zeds running toward the firehouse.

well now or never!

i runned towards the gunfire but when i arrived no one was there. i guessed where he might have gone and thought to myself that the market was nearby, should be a good spot to find him.

so up to the market.

first i peaked inside from the window side but saw nothin. so i made my way around... and guess who was making his way to the woods?

he ran to the backside of a house and i followed him. after i managed to position myself behind him, i grabbed my enfield, took a deep breath and pulled the trigger. i missed. he turned around, i shot again and hit him. ´he dropped down. just to be on the safe side i shot him again. and again^^

how stupid of me. i shot him with a enfield, so before i could even check my prey's loot i was surrounded by zeds.

i ran to the market to shrug em off there. this time i decided to take the back doors. bad idea. all doors but the last were closed. i paniced and dropped off the small ledge... so i needed to go all the way to the end and take the stairs there. but immedietly after i passed the last door, before i could even take a look inside, i was greeted by incoming automatic fire coming from the insides. bullets everywere around me and i barely zickzacked my way around the corner. i was bleeding like shit and everything was grey.

i still heard a lot of gun fire, probably the zeds i had on my tail where not MY problem anymore.

i took my chances. i went around the market to the main entrance, inside the market and from there to the backcorridoor. i saw countless zed bodies lying around and still more coming in from the back doors. someone was just sitting behind the corner shooting them, then i heard someone reloading.

oh god. thats why i wanted to play this game again. :)

well... i jumped around and there were two guys fending off the zeds. i aimed at the first one and shot him. i hit him, but he still was walking around, he spotted me and i hit him again. he dropped. the second one didnt realize i killed his friend, he was too concerned with the horde of zeds coming through the backdoor. so i shot him down too.

after the zeds lost interrest, i was curious what loot would await me.

sadly the first one of the marketshooters must have disconnected or somethin, because his body was gone.

but the second one lied there and omg, what should i say... alice backpack. with ak holo inside. M16 with 3 sd mags. grenades, map, compass, matches everything.

and a motherfrikkin GPS!

i scrolled further down and that dead bastard left me a NVG!

i couldn't believe it. GPS and NVG. god, back in early 2012, i would've killed for that stuff. err well...u know :)

BUT

the problem is. I DONT WANTED THAT. i just wanted to troll some shit out of cherno. having a nice time for two hours or so...and now the game just begs me to play it. i mean a GPS and a NVG?!

damn. that was exactly what i wanted to avoid. now, i am afraid of losing my stuff. i am afraid of playing. great job dayz. u made me afraid again. i hate you.

Edited by RedNoak

i am afraid of losing my stuff. i am afraid of playing.

This is why I just avoid trying to get rare items.

The "good" news is that everybody have this shit now.

This is the result of duping for months. Now you feel like a bum if you dont find NVG + GPS + Rangefinder + L85AWS + AS50 within 10 minutes...

Everyone seems to have that problem. Personally I don't get it. If it's rare gear and you don't want to lose it, why don't you want to lose it? Because it's effective and fun to use? Well If you aren't using it then you shouldn't be worried about losing it :P

I don't know, I can see where you're coming from but personally I don't get why everyone has this fear.

But otherwise, you could always just stack up on gear, then join another private hive and stack up on gear there too :D