tals975

How can I try DayZ for free without buying Arma 2?

Hey all, I wanna try out DayZ but I don't wanna waste money on it, as I am a little tight. Is there a demo for DayZ or something, that I can try? Or someone generous enough to lend me his account or something?

Thanks in advance! :)

Unfortunately, No.

There is a demo for ARMA 2, however you will NEED to buy ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead to play DayZ.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

i recommend getting ArmA 2: Free from the official ArmA 2 website and then trying out the dynamic zombie sandbox mission so you get a taste for it ^^

• Like 2

At this point, you should just wait for the stand alone to come out ... if you havent tried it yet, it'll be cheaper, much easier, and hopefully wont be that long of a wait.

i recommend getting ArmA 2: Free from the official ArmA 2 website and then trying out the dynamic zombie sandbox mission so you get a taste for it ^^

Or ... indeed do this ^

Edited by poMONKey

Hey all, I wanna try out DayZ but I don't wanna waste money on it, as I am a little tight. Is there a demo for DayZ or something, that I can try? Or someone generous enough to lend me his account or something?

Lol2

LOL@u

Here use my steam account info.

Wickx696969///hamburgerhelper6969

In the words of the douche who attempted to become president of the worst country in the world.

if you cant afford an education then you dont deserve an education, but in this case swap education with game.

Lol2

LOL@u

Here use my steam account info.

Wickx696969///hamburgerhelper6969

In the words of the douche who attempted to become president of the worst country in the world.

if you cant afford an education then you dont deserve an education, but in this case swap education with game.

Call it a hunch, but something tells me that's either a fake login, or you are being silly.

Something is telling me the same... hmmmm

Would that something be me? o:

I personally think you can decide if you'd like it or not just from watching YouTube videos of it..

I personally think you can decide if you'd like it or not just from watching YouTube videos of it..

you don't really get anything like the same rush

If you now decide to buy it, just wait.

The DayZ developers had said that the standalone beta will be out in the late of decemeber. So just wait till that will be out.

It will cost about 15-20€ which is a little bit cheaper than Combined Operations. :)

you don't really get anything like the same rush

No, of course you don't; but what I really mean is that you can see the game and it's mechanics, see how it ticks, and from that you can decide if you want to make the investment of buying ArmA2 for the full-on experience.

IMHO, ArmA2 and any other part of the OFP franchaise is well worth buying on it's own.

• Like 1

Yeah I guess Ill wait for the DayZ standalone. I just hope it comes out before the world ends :P Anyways, thanks for questioning my intelligence,

Pennyworth.

You were very helpful and your steam account worked just great, thank you so much.

/sarcasm.

Have a nice weekend, all. This thread can be closed :)

If you now decide to buy it, just wait.

The DayZ developers had said that the standalone beta will be out in the late of decemeber. So just wait till that will be out.

It will cost about 15-20€ which is a little bit cheaper than Combined Operations. :)

I thought the word was that it'll be cheaper for those of us already playing dayz?

*I'm not stating this as fact; I'm asking if that's what was said.*

Edited by OFC_Bill

I thought the word was that it'll be cheaper for those of us already playing dayz?

Nope. It's going to be cheaper for everyone during Alpha. :]

Dayz standalone will follow the "minecraft model" it will be available for dirt cheap upon release of the alpha. upon release of the final product the price will go up substantially.

What you are asking is nothing more then the whiney prayrs of a few individuals that feel they are entitled to a free game for buying an older game.

if you crack arma2 there are unofficial servers..it should work, but you could buy a copy with your friends and share it..