skatersgonnaskate

help!!! cant delete @DayZ folder!!

so i was told you have to delete the @DayZ folder from your steam apps for DayZ to work, so i went and found it but it says icant delete it, i need permission, so i kept trying to give myself permission and that didint work, i ran as administrator and that didint, anyone knoiw how to fix this? thanks

Delete the mod for the mod to work? that's some strange logic you have there.

Make sure ARMA isn't running in the processes, then try.

Delete the mod for the mod to work? that's some strange logic you have there.

Make sure ARMA isn't running in the processes' date=' then try.

[/quote']

how do i do that? and just in case it has anything to do with it used six launcher to get the mod

To the best of my knowledge, having it via Six Updater means that it relies on the program a little bit. I have a feeling we're not getting the full picture, like maybe it's one of those "Delete this folder, then install fresh with blah blah" situations.

To delete the folder, and be warned, you ARE deleting the mod if you do this, you must have steam and Arma closed, and also Six Updater. This will ensure no processes can interfere.

To take a step further, perhaps check if your Steam programfiles folder is enabled with read/write permissions. Also make sure you're an administrator on your system.

Ok well that I know now that I would be deleting the whole mod, how can I get this to work? Whenever I join a game it either loads for a really long time then just sends me back to the main menu, or loads game and right before it will join it says "no entry bin config.bin cfgweapons" and when I hit ok it sends me backup the main menu..

He is clearly trying to delete it so he can freshly install it again. Are you using an admin account on your machine?

I tried using administrator and still nothing

Ok well that I know now that I would be deleting the whole mod' date=' how can I get this to work? Whenever I join a game it either loads for a really long time then just sends me back to the main menu, or loads game and right before it will join it says "no entry bin config.bin cfgweapons" and when I hit ok it sends me backup the main menu..

[/quote']

I get that error message all the time, its safe to ignore. And loading times can be quite long sometimes, it depends on how busy the server is I think, best advice is to have patience.

Do you use the latest Arma 2 beta patch?

Close six launcher, as it's probably still using the Dayz folder.

Ok well that I know now that I would be deleting the whole mod' date=' how can I get this to work? Whenever I join a game it either loads for a really long time then just sends me back to the main menu, or loads game and right before it will join it says "no entry bin config.bin cfgweapons" and when I hit ok it sends me backup the main menu..

[/quote']

I get that error message all the time, its safe to ignore. And loading times can be quite long sometimes, it depends on how busy the server is I think, best advice is to have patience.

I would try that but not every time I try to join a server it was like bad version car join server or something like that