kstone588 (DayZ)

any update with direct comm

It is confirmed as an ArmA2 bug with the use of selectPlayer thanks to hard work by Sickboy.

Reproduction produced, handed to BIS programmers for inclusion in a patch.

It is confirmed as an ArmA2 bug with the use of selectPlayer thanks to hard work by Sickboy.

Reproduction produced' date=' handed to BIS programmers for inclusion in a patch.

[/quote']

thanks for the reply........ awesome work so far

Reproduction produced' date=' handed to BIS programmers for inclusion in a patch.

[/quote']

Hell yeah rocket, make use of your privileges within BIS :D

Don't think it will be very high on their priority list..? Might take a while :(

While I fear you are right, this game must have contrbuted at least 1000 sales to their coffers. I think they should be paying rocket to develop it as well as fixing the chat bug.

Advanced Combat Radio Environment...it is something spectacular

what is a.c.r.e

An addon that has already been discussed to death (use the search feature at the top of the page). There are no plans to add A.C.R.E. or any other addons to DayZ in the near future.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=30&highlight=ACRE

And there's no plans to fix DC because it's not in the scope of the mod.

So, either a hotfix or a new beta from BIS.

Well how about in the final version of the game, they just have a hot key or two for actual shouts. Like "Friendly" or "Back away slowly" etc. Then it would cut out DC but still allow you to communicate with people very close to you. Could also be given a noise range allowing people not to far away on the map to hear people talking to each other... and maybe trigger off near by zombies too :P. Oh and maybe a whisper function too like:

"Did you hear that?"

"Yes"

"No"

"Zombie"

"Hold position"

"Enemy"

"Eating"

"Drinking"

Or hell, instead of it being direct chat or predefined hotkey chat, how about it sends just what you are saying to the actual map audio. So you press hotkeys to make it whisper or yell the levels of what you are saying over mic. Be awesome to creep up on some people and hear them whispering to each other around a camp fire while they make food and plan there next attack. Could stalk the crap out of a group, find out there moves, where their camp is, hidden supplies etc. Or if they are yelling at each other in the NW air field while under attack, you could hear people shouting at each other from different direction giving you sound definition of peoples locations. "Get the fuck down, Zeds coming from north", "Roger, I got the south point covered". Just add that real world kind of feel. And while on that point, if they introduced radio systems, if you are talking on the radio you need to pick a CD channel and hope no one else was on it. You could listen into peoples talks. Makes you want to leave a channel open for a while to listen in to make sure no one is using it. ALSO (lol I just running with this now), if you have your radio on it also sends this to the map audio as well as when you are talking into to it. So if you talk into the radio it forces the whisper audio to the map... but also, if the radio incoming volume goes to the map it will mean people have to remember to turn it off and use whisper chat. I mean, if you forgot your radio was on and someone just starts using your CD channel while your in town. All of a send it barks up and triggers zombies around you.

Anyone, thats my little novel of some game ideas.

I am getting constant "battleye kicking: script restriction #65" on US3-5.

They were just set to the newest beta patch

Where do I download the newest Beta Patch? Do you mean the Day Z Beta.cmd or the ArmA 2 OA Beta? It it's the Day Z one, I hope I can find it...