Sign in to follow this  
Shadow Man

What was your very first ever DayZ death?

Intersted to know people first game of DayZ leading up to their first ever death.

The first game I played I spent alot of time crawling around trying to get used to the controls and unsure how visible I was to zombies and players. I remember it being quite stressfull not knowing if I was being watched. So I climbed up the nearest ladder and onto a big flat roof to have a look about. While trying to crawl near the edge of the roof to look down and observe zombies behaviour, I slipped and fell to my death.

YOU ARE DEAD

• Like 1

Mine was strangely buggy and spectacular. I found a smoke grenade in a shed. I was in a small building and threw the grenade by accident. I was admiring the smoke and then the building suddenly changed to rubble and my legs broke. i tried to crawl over the rubble and died :(

That's the first I can remember anyway. I probably died before that by bleeding out running from zeds.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

I spawned and instantly aggroed zombies where i was standing. ran around for 5 minutes with them on my tail untill i finally just gave in and got pummeled to death.

• Like 1

Killed myself because I was scared. Pretty sure it was the only Novy spawn I have ever had as well haha. A bit unsure if there was a Novy spawn at the time though, this was back in the revolver starting pistol days

I spawned near Cherno and ran to the buildings on the outskirts, I was trying to sneak but managed to aggro zombies.

I knew there was a key to activate 'Sprint' but I wasn't sure which one, after trying a few keys I found the prone key at a rather awkward time.

I was then eaten. It hurt.

I spawned near a town, I don't recall which one, and found some cool zombies that wanted to party, except I was the piñata. I ran and ran and ran and came to a dock and some water; so I was like ha I will ditch them. I jumped off the dock and broke my leg and landed in the water and well drowned/bled out I guess. Ahh good times ;)

my first death i believe was also very buggy. i had nothing, and i think i was at the industrial side of Elecktro, and i heard shots. so i ran into a Tovarna factory, and i went up onto one of the catwalks to look through one of the windows, and then i went prone on the catwalk facing the window, which glitched me through the window and i ended up outside on the roof. i was then shot, and then i think i was knocked out, and when i regained conciousness, i decided to jump off the roof and kill myself, but it only broke my legs. i was then shot and killed. i asked on the side chat "why did you kill me?", and the reply that i got stays with me forever:

"Welcome to Chernarus.... Enjoy your stay."

Edited by camycamera
  • Like 5

I was instantly killed by a bandit the very first time I spawned, same with the 2nd time.

Off topic: I'm sure others have noticed this but I've noticed the zombies do not attack you in any way if you go prone, even if you're being chased. Is this a bug they're working on or something or another?

Spent a couple of hours looting towns, found an enfield. Fired a shot and killed my very first zombie.

Aggroed the whole universe, fled to elektro. Tried to test putting my enfield in my pack, the backpack ate the enfield.

Ran into the fire tower, got shot by a sniper.

Hid behind a building using 3 bandages that had no effect.

Ran into the woods, ate all my food and water to deny any loot.

Bled to death still screaming at the screen "HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING?"

Its the only time bandages have bugged out for me and never worked

• Like 2

I was instantly killed by a bandit the very first time I spawned, same with the 2nd time.

Off topic: I'm sure others have noticed this but I've noticed the zombies do not attack you in any way if you go prone, even if you're being chased. Is this a bug they're working on or something or another?

Welcome!

I've never noticed that. Been killed plenty of times while prone just mucking around.

uhhh wow first death.... errr, i think it was falling from the firestation roof in Cherno randomly or it was trying to throw a grenade at someone at the Balota airfield that went horribly wrong!

It was one of the two, i honestly can't remember what one though.

Trying to attack a bandit,who had a m1027 or whatever, with a crowbar, and accedentaly saluting in the middle of the fight

• Like 8

My first death i had been alive a few days and couldnt find food so i went to the supermarket in cherno where i passed out and died from starvation just outside the back door to the market.

• Like 2

My first death i had been alive a few days and couldnt find food so i went to the supermarket in cherno where i passed out and died from starvation just outside the back door to the market.

AAWWW SHIT SON!

Irony bitchslapped you hard.

I spawned near a small town and decided to go in. I aggro'd some zombies and got hit, started bleeding. I panicked and jumped into a nearby bay. When I got to the center of the bay, I tried to bandage myself and discovered that I couldn't open my inventory in the water. I swam to the other end of the bay, my blood dropping as I desperately tried to get to the shore. I got there and bandaged myself, and I only had about 500 blood left. I saw a deer stand with zombies around it, and tried to get there in the horrible, blurry black-and-white mess that was the world around me. I was crawling around the zombies to get to the deer stand when one of them walked right on top of me, aggro'd, and killed me. That was how I learned that this game does not fuck around.

• Like 2

After I spawned near Cherno, I went into the city and navigated to the docks. I ran off of the docks to try and swim, but I fell to my death instead.

I spawned near a small town and decided to go in. I aggro'd some zombies and got hit, started bleeding. I panicked and jumped into a nearby bay. When I got to the center of the bay, I tried to bandage myself and discovered that I couldn't open my inventory in the water. I swam to the other end of the bay, my blood dropping as I desperately tried to get to the shore. I got there and bandaged myself, and I only had about 500 blood left. I saw a deer stand with zombies around it, and tried to get there in the horrible, blurry black-and-white mess that was the world around me. I was crawling around the zombies to get to the deer stand when one of them walked right on top of me, aggro'd, and killed me. That was how I learned that this game does not fuck around.

I like these first game experiences because they're quite often what I imagine to happpen in real life. Before you've got used to the game and know every way out of any situation.

On my 2nd or 3rd game I started a new guy in the evening. I decided to venture out away from the coast(no compass or map of course). I didn't find much and my hunger was getting worse and night was falling. I came across a barn and had a snoop about. After being attacked by some zombies I had no choice but to run for it. Not realising that torch I had started with did in fact have batteries, I ran blindly through the dark,being chased the whole time. I stumbled my way through a farm in pitch blackness all the time hearing the zombies gurgles and screams. I ran and ran across open fields and through woods until eventually simply falling down and dieing of starvation.

I'm pretty sure that sort of thing won't ever happen again. Unfortunately.

My first death was i had a Winchester and i was on a hill. I saw a zombie and shot him and killed him. I agro'd 3 others and i killed them to. I went down to see what they had on them AND i fell of the cliff and died... @#$%

lol epic fail death :lol:

gimme them :beans:

• Like 1

Spawned in, not even thirty seconds later, a guy in a ghillie pops up in front of me. BOOM! to the face. Dead.

Respawned, same server (Didn't know any better). Same exact thing. My first and second deaths were at the hands of a scripter.

Yay?

• Like 1

I started playing back in the Alpha version of the geme,which then you spawn with revolver.

*Spawns In Outskirts Of Elektro* "I remember this from a video!" I walk into town and shoot a good 10 zeds. I hear a gunshot in the distance,first reaction, I go instantly prone. I hear more gunshots afterwards and then the faint whisper of Direct Chat voices. By this time I was on top of the hospital. I look over(Not knowing how to go third person) the railing of the roof. I see a squad of 3 guys, armed with AKM, enfield, and a revolver. I aim and pull the trigger 3 times with revolver. I incapacitate the guy with the enfield. Another player, with no gun, runs from around the corner by the church. Guy with Revolver kills him. I pull off 2 rounds at the enfield guy, I succeed in killing him. The AKM guy shoots at me then stops. Direct chat voice comes on from below."Come down and drop your gun, we wont kill you." I didn't have a mic at the time so I typed "I ain't that stupid dude..." He spoke again "FIne then!" He tried to toss something up at me, a grenade. Hits the railing and falls exploding and killing his revolver friend. I look over the edge shoot at him hit him in chest twice, he headshots me. I don't believe he dies.

This was a very fun age when little hackers were on... Too bad now 10 yr old script kiddies frollic about in our wonderful worlds of Chernarus and other maps! Good Day Fellow Survivors, Bandits, and Heroes!!!

Edited by GrandMasterAssassin

I found a helicopter crash way the hell back not long after the mod came out.

I was fully kitted out, had an AKM, ALICE, Glock 17, heaps of ammunition, food and medical supplies I had actually gone out and found and felt mighty proud.

So I see the crash and I head up to it and check around it. Nothing.

Then I notice the "enter gunner position". Girlish glee! I select the opt....

YOU ARE DEAD.

dafuq.

• Like 1

Spawned near kemenka even though I had no clue bak then.

Crawled nearly all the way to Cherno and swam at parts to get away from zombies lol

Picked up a hatchet at Cherno while looking at a heli flying around.

I remember thinking is that heli real or just part of the map lmao

Then I got trapped by zombies shat my pants and died.

Least my first life I was alive for along time but that was cuz I crawled everywhere!