Sign in to follow this  
DayZoey

Change the way Pain works & other ideas.

I appreciate and actually adore the game's simulation of someone's inability to perform when injured or under duress (recently being shot or beaten by a zombie) but the way it is done is... fairly poor in my opinion. If I had a really bad cramp in my shoulder from a few love taps a zombie had given me or my leg having recently been broken from a bullet, looking down the sights of a gun or binoculars or what have you I wouldn't be jerking around like I was having a seizure. I imagine I would have a hard time maintaining steady aim and my object/weapon of choice would sway more dramatically. This is something I feel needs addressing if the goal is realism.

Mistake, edited out sorry

Edited by DayZoey

I believe the erratic shaking suits it just fine. It doesn't make it impossible to play if you don't have Painkillers, whilst still being a big enough nuisance to make you consider it as an issue.

EDIT: Why are these being merged? o.O

Edited by Rage VG

Ah balls, silly forum thought I was posting to the same new topic when I was trying to create new ones... Hang on...

*edit edit edit*

In response to Spawns.

I can't agree with set spawn points to be honest, the feel of being lost when you first spawn adds the the feel of the mod, it's like being helpless in a situation above your control.

It also adds more of a task, almost forcing the player to learn of his/her surroundings, to find out where they need to head and what then their objectives of survival would be.

As for the friends element well a proper team will always work together to recover their fallen member again adding more fear about it, nothing worse than knowing you need to pass Elektro and Cherno to reach your buddy who spawned in Kamorovo. Nothing beats that feeling of being always on your toes and knowing that person needs you to reach them.

Once in those scenarios the mod aswell as your imagination take over engulfing you in what the mod is meant to be, a realistic on edge survival simulator.

EDIT: i typed this out before i noticed the topics had been merged....

Edited by Derpy_Hooves

Ignore the other ones Derpy Hooves, the silly forum thought I was making one topic when I was trying to make several (in light of me reading the "Read before posting" bit after I had posted. My lack of observational skills prevails again!)

I've merged your Topics.

One Thread fits all.

Nooooooo! Don't do that! xD I already made a suggestion compilation! D:

Remember you're not just gunna get a bruised arm after a fight with a zombie. You're gunna get a shit whack of adrenaline too! (obviously this isnt in game mechanics (or is it?) but its how I imagine it!) That same debilitating adrenaline I get when fighting/in a shoot out with other players, thats what would make you shake and shit and make your hands and legs like jelly :D And for me makes me about 10 times worse at the game when my hearts going ten to the dozen hehe. Though it should wear off once you're out of that situation. But then if say you got shot in the arm, until you got healed you should have a shaky aim.