G0V3RNM3NT4L

Falling Apart

The bandits are falling apart, there's no hope. The real ones are all quiet, and the only ones who show up on the forums anymore are the new kids with no respect.

I feel the honor should come back, we could have organizations of our own. We could cultivate the community, have no-fire lists, stuff like that.

We should post the time we won the firefight at the NW Airfield by 100 blood, firing your Lee Enfield at the guy bearing down with a DMR. We shouldn't post killing "bambi's" on the spawn. That's not something to be proud of. Sure, do it, go ahead. I understand the reasoning, but we shouldn't see any more "Fishing on Death Mountain" topics.

We also need a prestige system, like the medical/trader one. You upvote on how bandit-like you think somebody is. It should be an elitist clique; you don't become a Mafioso just by saying you're one, because you have to prove yourself first.

Just my two tins worth. Anybody feel like setting up a hierarchy?

• Like 11

i hear ya bro n feel your pain.. fantastic idea tbh. title rewards for being a good lil bandit n killin so many players. unarmed, armed. on painkillers. killed a bambi whilst eating/drinking or looting. would be great to have achievements to work towards. with a title at the end . you get ma beans bro..

kill ya later :)

How do you suppose we set this up? I am down to help forsure.

The majority of the bandits aren't "good" bandits i agree.

• Like 1

Only way to be sure is video evidence. Otherwise anyone could come up with some story abot what they did.

Not everyone is good with recording though. Like me. I have no idea how to record or do anything like that. If i did id already have some really good stuff posted. Im sure that goes for a lot of other people too.

Not everyone is good with recording though. Like me. I have no idea how to record or do anything like that. If i did id already have some really good stuff posted. Im sure that goes for a lot of other people too.

Ok but honestly its not hard. Once you have the software its simply a case of pressing a key to start recording. Use windows movie maker to export, then upload. You don't even have to edit much if you dont want to. You should look into it man.

Edited by Shadow Man

Bandits will always be a raggidy-tag-badly-organised bunch. To get as organised as the medics for example takes a lot of effort and organisation. The bandit style of gameplay seems to attract the gung-ho quick fix brigade that couldn't organise a piss-up in a pub. I've met a few great bandits that I've got a lot of respect for but in the main, as a playstlye/group, they lack the patience or resolve to organise anything long-term.

BTW - I'd love to be proved wrong and see a truly well organised bandit clan.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

A not-shoot-list for bandits? lolwut?^^

ok, i know that bunch of little sh*ts calling themselfes bandits gets on the nerve of any real bandit, but being to organized would end up in the organized bandits being not bandits, only another clan

I for myself still try to rob people instead of plainly killing them, and since the admin on my favorite servers ban people for a day when combat-logging, they tend to give me stuff more often than trying to log out or shooting me

• Like 1

Ok but honestly its not hard. Once you have the software its simply a case of pressing a key to start recording. Use windows movie maker to export, then upload. You don't even have to edit much if you dont want to. You should look into it man.

Ill look into it, I just get the impression that it takes a lot of time and effort, and that is time and effort id rather just spend playing the game.

Ill take a look into the whole windows movie maker, and as far as my hardware goes i know im more than set. I just may need to buy a capture card right?

I'll start recording my gameplay of me and a group of bandits? (not all of us actively seek to kill but if a threat arises we dispatch of it pronto).

If somebody wants stories I got one...

It was a lovely day in the peaceful? military town named Starry Sobor. My pals and I had logged onto our main server to find our van and other valuables stolen. Being bored they went for a joyride in our bus and crashed it... Needing repairs they found that the windscreens needed attention before they would be allowed to fully repair it. Running madly around Starry my comrade had his legs crunched by a zombie and was eaten (R.I.P Muppet). So being a nice guy I loaded my coyote backpack with night vision and his assault rifle and set out on my pushbike to deliver him some protection.

After madly rushing 5.5KM's I rode the pushbike into a pond by accident near the power station :( My friend had alerted me the only guy on the server not in our group was on top of the power station tower throwing flares around. So I moved onto the hill and hoped to get a shot with the night vision FAL. But by the time I got to him my friend found an Enfield and shot him (we found out it was only a Bambi we're sorry). I met with my guy in the fire station and being the noob I am deleted his weapon and NV trying to drop them...

Clumsy stories count right? xD

Ill look into it, I just get the impression that it takes a lot of time and effort, and that is time and effort id rather just spend playing the game.

Ill take a look into the whole windows movie maker, and as far as my hardware goes i know im more than set. I just may need to buy a capture card right?

Well I use Fraps, I'm sure there are others that are better but thats just what I use. While playing you just press F9(you can change this), then press it again to stop recording. Fraps lets you click the vid location. You start movie maker and drag the clip over. Do any editing(which isn't that hard) and then then export to your own computer. Then go to youtube and upload. Your first step is getting capture software, after that its easy, and can be quite satisfying and fun too.

Like the guy above said that isnt necessary, however you can get capture cards that do all the rendering on the card so that you're CPU isnt being used therefore improving performance, but if you have the hardware it isnt necessary.

But the most time and (dunno if you would call it effort) effort would probably go into uploading the thing to YouTube if its a big file :D 1080p videos can take forever, and if you have a bandwidth limit (or whatever its called) you'll be using a lot up...I think?

Like the guy above said that isnt necessary, however you can get capture cards that do all the rendering on the card so that you're CPU isnt being used therefore improving performance, but if you have the hardware it isnt necessary.

But the most time and (dunno if you would call it effort) effort would probably go into uploading the thing to YouTube if its a big file :D 1080p videos can take forever, and if you have a bandwidth limit (or whatever its called) you'll be using a lot up...I think?

well when it comes to bandwidth i should be fine. ill take the time on monday to research it since im off.

I tried live streaming, but it dropped my FPS signifigantly in game whilst streaming. what do i do about that?

well when it comes to bandwidth i should be fine. ill take the time on monday to research it since im off.

I tried live streaming, but it dropped my FPS signifigantly in game whilst streaming. what do i do about that?

No idea about streaming I'm afraid. Fraps does have an impact on performance on my pc, but if you have a new build then you may be ok.

I recently started doing DayZ Let's Plays and if the framerates start to drop, you might want to shut down some background programs (Steam, Skype, MSN, even Chrome/Firefox) and that should fix most of the framerate drops, if not, try and lower the graphics setting of DayZ. If i record at "Very High" i only get a laggfest myself.

fraps does slow my frame rate down a bit, not so much as i cant play the game, but there is a noticable lag when i switch it on.

the other problem that it creates, is the raw footage takes a lot of room on your hard drive.

other than that, go for it, there is a free version you can try out before you spend the cash. :)

Also worth noting that with fraps a video of 2 min is about 1.3 GB. So you need lots of hard drive space for big vids.

My team and I are organized bandits, we are all about the squad vs squad firefights and we never kill unarmed people. We have designated rolls to an extent and we NEVER go to the coast