Sign in to follow this  
Kaffarov37

1,300,000 players

That is a tone of people who came and tried this mod. I wonder if there will be more players in the standalone.

I think the standalone will be equally as popular. I'm sure there are some who tried and realized it wasn't their cup of tea, but for the most part it is a relatively small cost and invites people to "try it out" because of that.

I think there will be a surge of people coming to the standalone because it will only be $10 dollars from what I heard, and that's more than 75% off to a regular game, and you only hear good things about it. Actually the other day I could've sworn that I saw it said 2 mill. I guess that was just a farce.

The first week of the stand alone coming out will really set the precedent as to how well it will sell. If it is everything they say it will be and more with a lot of good reviews then i would expect even more than the 1300000 mark. then again it could go the other way if it doesnt stand to the expectations.

i would pay $50+ for the mod as it is, The stand alone can only improve on what is already awesome.

They've locked the number at 1,300,000 because it was growing at an exponential rate, also that the int value they use for the db should have been long int.

On my whitelist server I have seen the same player try and log in 20-30 times with different GUIDs, I think this is where we got the 1.3 million from, not real numbers but skids trying to get back into the game after their GUID had been banned.

Is it safe to assume then that the player count is no where near this 1.3 million that we were lead to believe? I'd guess the number is more like 300,000 tbh.

Edited by Caffeind

I think there's going to be a pretty good amount of people who get into the standalone. The numbers for DayZ have dropped off abit, because alot of us are waiting for standalone. I've just started to sorta poke around with the mod again, but when there are so many problems still, it's tough to keep myself in it again and would much rather play on Chernarus again with 75% more open structures and alot of bug fixes lol

Is it safe to assume then that the player count is no where near this 1.3 million that we were lead to believe? I'd guess the number is more like 300,000 tbh.

Doubt that.

I'm quite certain we have officially surpassed 1 million player mark already and 1.3 million is not that exaggerated as far I am concerned.

It's like a minecraft boom all over again. Whilst it's been admitted 2 million was a glitch in the system 1.3 million seems realistic to me.