Zorro55

So the Makarov....

How much damage does the Makarov do? I fought a bandit in close-quarters, he shot me first with a Makarov. I took at least three or four hits at point-blank range, and still managed to turn around and put him down with my Enfield. And afterwards I'm relatively unscathed, aside from blood loss. So my question is, how many shots does it take to kill a player with the Makarov? I'd like to know how much i survived by. And also, do I get humanity points for killing bandits, especially in self-defense? Thanks :D

• Like 1

A Starter's pistol does more damage, all they do is make noise better of leaving them where you find them

Must be a Noob Bandit using a Makarov lol

800 blood damage last time I checked. Most handguns do that damage now, I think it's 1200 for revolver and 1911.

Dayzdb.com

they have a weapon comparison section displaying all of the weapons' damage, range, mag size, etc.

I just emptied a makarov mag into the throat and face of a zombie and yet he plundered on. It is quite simply an awful weapon.

If you have a hero skin it takes even more shots to kill you. I've eaten entire 30 round pdw mags and only got put into shot with my hero skin

• Like 2

Makarov does 899 points of damage per shot.

Yup same as the M9, PDW, Glock 17, the Bizon, the MP5 (and SD).

However the Makarov is WORSE than all of these due to its shorter range (only 50m)

One shot kill in the head. I use it all the time as they are so common!

Better off throwing tin cans

• Like 3

Honestly, I never pick them up. My top priority in game is to find an axe, then I don't worry about zombies or players who are close. I'm not a great shot who kills with a single bullet to the head, so a makarov is useless to me. I've put 5 clips in a group of 4 zombies and none of then has died. So it's just pointless me bothering with them. Good luck to those who find them helpful. :thumbsup:

Seriously, the hand guns in this game are bloody awful. I love the look and feel of the pdw and the m9 but for me, the only ones worth carrying are the Revolver and the m1911, which will probably be totally derped by the next update. They're already pretty harmless.

Edited by Sula

Honestly, I never pick them up. My top priority in game is to find an axe, then I don't worry about zombies or players who are close. I'm not a great shot who kills with a single bullet to the head, so a makarov is useless to me. I've put 5 clips in a group of 4 zombies and none of then has died. So it's just pointless me bothering with them. Good luck to those who find them helpful. :thumbsup:

Seriously, the hand guns in this game are bloody awful. I love the look and feel of the pdw and the m9 but for me, the only ones worth carrying are the Revolver and the m1911, which will probably be totally derped by the next update. They're already pretty harmless.

Yeah 15 bullets in the chest to kill a player is ridiculous to say the least. I think they 'balance' them for the zombies so its not too easy to kill them, just make the zombies harder. If I have to shoot some one FIFTEEN times in the CHEST in your game, you're doing it wrong.

If you have a hero skin it takes even more shots to kill you. I've eaten entire 30 round pdw mags and only got put into shot with my hero skin

Does Hero skin really have this benefit aside being a cosmetic reward for those kind people that help others?

Does Hero skin really have this benefit aside being a cosmetic reward for those kind people that help others?

Yep. It almost completely blocks weaker guns, or so I've been told.