Sign in to follow this  
xtrmsnpr

How about the vilayer hosting

Hello there fellow survivors.

I am considering renting a server with the vilarer's guys.But i have questions..

How about the service they provide?

Do they provide official/global hives or they'r private?

I saw that they have full server control,is there any problem with the official server about?

Thank you in advance.

But still no answer to, what type of server they provide private or official hives?

i am one step from renting the server xD-i am waiting for the server to be ready now!

Edited by xtrmsnpr

Does anyone of you mates has their ts?

Cuz the one from their site is not working..

Hey,

I have had a vilayer server for over 6 months... never had any really serious problems with it at all..

some people moan alot about there support, but if you read up enough on what to do and what not to do, there can be very little downtime..

they provide private hive (more players on this now than the official hive) and ofcourse official server...

Now i will say one thing... i had an official server for 5 months... in the end i gave up and went to a private hive server (vilayer package) due to little or no support at all from dayz - regarding the hacking,scripting,cant ban cant kick - cant password the server etc etc..

Now on my private hive server from vilayer i can choose what maps i want to play, cherno-panthera-lingor-namalsk to name a few, edit settings on the server you cant with an official one and make it password to join... so you can just have your own members playing there ...

Teamspeak.. they also do these and mumble afaik... our teamspeak is down atm along with the vilayer support one due to a license problem as far as im aware... this has been the only problem i have ever had in all time i have had my game server and voice server..

Im sure other will be along to tell you of there terrible adventures with Vilayer... but from me i have nothing but good words for there service..

50% off here >>> http://www.vilayer.com/cl/aff.php?aff=045

I've had a Vilayer server for a month. I've now decided to leave vilayer for the reason that they limit access to the full FTP files, Only the logs and txts. My aim is to run a private hive with added buildings and cars, with Vilayer this is not possible.

Pr0s =

I never had any major lag or running issues and generally the server was up 90% of the time.

They also have easy config editors for simple things i.e. How many cars spawn and what condition ...

The server was up and running within an hour or so.

Very easy to use if not experienced

Cons =

No Full FTP access

Little to none customer support

Buy at your own choice :)

Vilayer is average at best.

When the server is working its great. When it goes down, get comfy for a day or two.

I know some people who love vilayer and others who dont. Its really on a user by user basis.

I recently left them and went with a cheaper option and its been working out great.

We've had one for about 3 months, and so far it seems pretty good.

Pros:

- Fast, no lag

- Customer service has been decent. Down times are minimal

- You don't have to follow to stupid DayZ rules

- All Vilayer servers are linked together

- More maps than DayZ public servers

- Price is resonable if you get in on the specials (We're paying $25/month for a 40 slot server)

Cons:

- Constant no-notice updates

- They keep adding/deleting files in the log folder with no direction on how to interpret them or why they're there

- Very few admin options/customization tools. No way to view people in-game or track their locations (i.e...for hacker detection)

Dont.just dont. My server had been down and un accesable 3 times first week.this habbit continued the other 2 weeks. They dont make any anouncments when theybwere updating their internal servers