zenorc123

Remove Teamspeak.

What if i want to do a Let's Play and/or commentary with a friend, but i don't want it going over the ingame chat because some idiot would probably start saying random crap to wreck it?

Edited by El Barto 227

To a certain degree i agree. however for some reason In game voip(with the exception of side-channel) coems over incredably quietly, maybe if they made in game coms better, i would use them more. for now i use them to scream bloody death at bandits...

This must be the most retarted thread on this forum..

You fit right in then.

If it was possible it would be the one best thing to happen to the game. Of course it isn't byt one can dream, right? :) Hopefully some communities will be born that encourages this.

An insightful first post. We have high hopes for you. No pressure.

• Like 2

And like I said before it's easy to restrict DayZ's access to your microphone.

think of teamspeak and skype as a radio.
If someone was standing right behind you, talking on the radio to his buddies, you would still hear him.

Not the case with TS/mumble/skype.

Wait a second.....

Using 3rd party software to give yourself and your squad an advantage in an online game?!

HAX!!!

EDIT:

Do you really wanna listen to people fap?
If you're having a chug, it's best to unplug. <- Wankers' Mantra Edited by Chabowski

As much as I would LOVE to have ts removed and everyone somehow forced to use ingame chat, it just won't happen. The lengths some people go to to gain an advantage means they will always find a way. People will just grab a cheapo second pc or a laptop simply to run ts on.

As much as I would LOVE to have ts removed and everyone somehow forced to use ingame chat, it just won't happen. The lengths some people go to to gain an advantage means they will always find a way. People will just grab a cheapo second pc or a laptop simply to run ts on.

Why do people hate fun so much? :( Like using a tank in a football game. You get an advantage but playing the game with the intended rules and guidelines would provide a more satisfactory experience.

Actually, a tank in a football game would be hilarious Nevermind.

If there was some way to prevent use of 3rd-part VOIP it would definitely make the game better by forcing 'clans' to know how/when to talk rather than using Teamspeak with no negative side to it.

Realistically though it's pretty much impossible to implement.

Remember, that some people might not be doing it for an advantage. Sometimes you want to talk to friends who aren't playing DayZ. Sometimes you require some privacy (Perhaps somebody is taking a phone call behind them, and being unable to shut off your mic would jeopardize that.

I agree, adjusting gamma should be removed from the game. I also don't think it should be as dark as it is in some instances. The moon/stars do a great job of adding light in the absence of artificial lighting.

Some people have dark monitors or play in very light environments, this would make playing the game extremely difficult for them.

Although I do think they can limit the gamma and stuff a bit more, I don't think anyone needs the gamma up at the max setting to see properly.

Since teamspeak isn't a part of the game and everybody will always have a way to communicate with freinds while playing DayZ this will actually be impossible...

A solution to this 'problem' ( I dont personally think it is a problem mind) would maybe be implementing ACRE in DayZ :D Would be awesome IMO. DayZ should have Radio's would be so cool.

If you dont know what ACRE is, its an addon for ArmA 2 and a plugin for TS3. It makes it so that when you speak you can be heard 3D positionally (hard for me to explain, but just say someone is to your right and speaks, you can tell where they are, you can tell they're on your right hand side if you get me).

A solution to this 'problem' ( I dont personally think it is a problem mind) would maybe be implementing ACRE in DayZ :D Would be awesome IMO. DayZ should have Radio's would be so cool.

If you dont know what ACRE is, its an addon for ArmA 2 and a plugin for TS3. It makes it so that when you speak you can be heard 3D positionally (hard for me to explain, but just say someone is to your right and speaks, you can tell where they are, you can tell they're on your right hand side if you get me).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you see how many chinese kids you made happy with that comment.

Absolutely agree, and think it should make it to the Standalone. Let's start a sign petition.

Theres no way you can ever stop teamspeak from being used in DayZ. People will just use other voice chat programs such as skype or ventrilo. If not you can just use a secondary computer or laptop, plenty of the people I play with do this. Or even mobile phones have skype these days.

what a bad idea .....u cant ban teamspeak lol

rly tho bad idea ,my friends use teamspeak for other games and use it of a nice way to jump into another conversation or just chat while playing a different game ,if any game tried to ban teamspeak so i couldn't speak to friends on a different game then i just wouldnt play that game .

Well then, you're most welcome to stay. Go and get something to sit so we can continue.

what a bad idea .....u cant ban teamspeak lol

rly tho bad idea ,my friends use teamspeak for other games and use it of a nice way to jump into another conversation or just chat while playing a different game ,if any game tried to ban teamspeak so i couldn't speak to friends on a different game then i just wouldnt play that game .

I don't think it's that bad of an idea. The necessity of removing these kind of programs are to force people to use ingame chat but then again, how? If they can implement this somehow then good. I'm not only speaking of teamspeak here but of all third-party software that can be used as a communication between two players.

What about RL phones,huh?

Also,maybe 2 players are relatives and live together and have 2 computers in the same room,what are you going to do about that? :P

What if i want to do a Let's Play and/or commentary with a friend, but i don't want it going over the ingame chat because some idiot would probably start saying random crap to wreck it?

so what about a situation like this?

I just don't agree with the notion that we should block external programs that have no interaction with DayZ just to force a certain aspect of it, even if the player doesn't wish to experience it.

Couldn't you make a similar argument in support of aimbots?

I think others who have suggested improving the in-game comms so that more people use them are on the right track.

I think others who have suggested improving the in-game comms so that more people use them are on the right track.

You could not. The sole intention of an aimbot is to give you an unfair advantage in a game. They physically alter your playing ability.

I just don't agree with the notion that we should block external programs that have no interaction with DayZ just to force a certain aspect of it, even if the player doesn't wish to experience it.

You could not. The sole intention of an aimbot is to give you an unfair advantage in a game. They physically alter your playing ability.

Being able to communicate with your team entirely outside of the game world, effectively adding ESP, doesn't effect your playing ability?

Nothing should be blocked, but I hope groups and server will crop up that encourages the use of the in game voice system. Serious fun for serious people. B)