IVAN CHESNOKOV

Maintaining a Hero Skin!

Dobroy,

Welcome to informal discussion on reaching Hero skin and maintaining, post stories if you wish.

I have question, twice I have reached the hero skin and logged off within about 10 minutes of reaching said skin. However when I log back in I am wearing regular survivor gear. This is beginning to get frustrating as I've basically appointed myself the unofficial medic of AU1/AU2 whenever I'm not being killed by hackers and their friends. I supply medical help to all I encounter and frequently shadow and help survivor groups from the distance as they loot well trafficked areas (like Balota, I sit in the hills with a DMR and take out any bandits I see being predatory or stalking them)

Does anyone know how to maintaing the skin? Should I keep playing until I gain ANOTHER 5000 humanity on top of the hero skins existing amount?

Feel free to discuss hero activities and so forth.

This has happened to me three times in two days.

I save my buds from dying with bloodbags and BAM I get a hero skin.

I log off, come back on 6 minutes later and no hero skin.

It pisses me off that I cant keep my only goal.

This has happened to me three times in two days.

I save my buds from dying with bloodbags and BAM I get a hero skin.

I log off, come back on 6 minutes later and no hero skin.

It pisses me off that I cant keep my only goal.

I'm starting to think that because getting a new skin resets humanity to zero, that you should not log off until you gain ANOTHER 5000 humanity.

I will test this tonight.

I've never lose my hero skin. I think the best way to keep your humanity high is killing bandits. Always try to give blood transfusion to other players, but it only happens with unarmed survivors. If a dude have a gun... he usually just shoots at me (maybe for getting scared of that strange skin, I don't know).

Before 1.7.3, last time I checked my debug monitor a was +40k humanity, even after killing a lot of regular survivors (the deserved it, tried to KoS). Blood transfusion gives you a little of humanity. Kill badass bandits, the more safer you makes Chernarus, the more humanity you deserve.

Well does killing bandits actually get you extra humanity? I thought killing only makes you lose humanity and in the case of killing bandits it doesn't make you lose humanity. It would be kind of odd for a bandit to be able to become a survivor again by killing right? And killing in itself isn't very humane wouldn't you agree?

I became a hero when I did my first kill. A bandit. We googled "humanity killing bandits" and it appears your humanity get subtracted from the humanity the dead guy had (don't know if full amount or a portion of it). Then, if you kill me (+40k humanity), surely you will become a bandit. But if you kill a -40k bandit... - - = +... you gain humanity.

And keep in mind that people with bandit skin are "bad people" who makes this world worst. If you kill'em, the world is better.

I don't know how it works... but when debug monitor was on, I could see my humanity went up after killing bandits.

I got my hero skin, and in 1.7.2.6 there was a glitch that would give you 150 humanity every 10 minutes or somesuch. The last time I was able to look at my humanity it was at 55,000. I certainly didnt bloodbag all the way up there.

I became a hero when I did my first kill. A bandit. We googled "humanity killing bandits" and it appears your humanity get subtracted from the humanity the dead guy had (don't know if full amount or a portion of it). Then, if you kill me (+40k humanity), surely you will become a bandit. But if you kill a -40k bandit... - - = +... you gain humanity.

And keep in mind that people with bandit skin are "bad people" who makes this world worst. If you kill'em, the world is better.

I don't know how it works... but when debug monitor was on, I could see my humanity went up after killing bandits.

So if this would not be proportional a bandit will half of the time become a hero the instant he kills a bandit that has killed one more survivor than himself. (assuming in this case the survivors had a similar amount of humanity and no less than 25k.) I highly doubt it would work like that. I think that the punishment for killing a survivor/hero is higher than the reward for killing a bandit. Or at least that is how I think it should work.

Achieving hero skin isn't the most difficult task.

Maintaining it is indeed harder,

From what I've read; people log off quite fast after switching skin, it seems to be the trigger for not saving it.

Try playing for a good 30+ minutes after achieving it and see what happens.

After you do keep it after relogging, not KoS'ing and being friendly to survivors/bandits and fellow heroes it's a goal worth taking the risk.

Regards;

ExtinctSquirrel

Hero

32,000 humanity and rising.

Achieving hero skin isn't the most difficult task.

Maintaining it is indeed harder,

From what I've read; people log off quite fast after switching skin, it seems to be the trigger for not saving it.

Try playing for a good 30+ minutes after achieving it and see what happens.

After you do keep it after relogging, not KoS'ing and being friendly to survivors/bandits and fellow heroes it's a goal worth taking the risk.

Regards;

ExtinctSquirrel

Hero

32,000 humanity and rising.

Ok, I'll try this. Most of the time I get random disconnects afterwards, didn't get to play last night because of some strange Wait for Host issues but I'll have a go tonight.

I played bandit for a while and it became counter productive, I actually rather enjoy being a survivor so I've spent ages trying to get my humanity up high again.

Bandits are KoS for me, if I see that shemagh then I'll try and put a bullet through it.

The humanity system is absolutely busted, there is no longer a debug monitor and therefor you can't see your humanity. Which means it's impossible to know if you'll loose it by killing either survivors or bandits.

A few weeks ago, after just getting the skin. I was trapped in one of the hangars on NW airfield with another player, for some unknown reason the guy didnät speak English, couldn't type it either. After giving him morphine and a blood transfusion I asked him to please exit the hangar so I didn't get shot in the back. After constantly yelling at him "WALK OUTSIDE" (I didn't have much trust for him figuring he shot me 2 times when I first entered the hangar) I instead started talking Swedish, trying to communicate with him (He was German and wrote to me in German) After that failed I started saying "Walk outside or I will shoot you". After trying to talk to him fora good 10 minutes I just shot him with my DMR. I ran and looted the barracks, headed to Stary, looted the tents and then called it a night.

I didn't loose my Hero skin because (like Klesh) I've had my hero skin during the 1.7.2.6 patch, meaning I had about 10-20 thousand humanity.