Sign in to follow this  
Tomas889

One thing I love about DayZ...

There's one aspect of DayZ that always brings me back to it. No matter what's happened this always makes me come back.

The Adrenaline Rush.

This is the only game I've played in a long while which actually gives me a real adrenaline rush when I'm in a situation or a fire fight. Now I'm not sure whether anyone else agree's but this game just has so much to it. And its the only game that can give me that kind of rush, its truly brilliant.

My question is, is there anyone else who would agree?

(I know its a mod, I just like saying its a game. Plus soon it will be!)

• Like 3

I have to agree.

There is no other game that has captured me in a way that I get excited and very involved in it.

The whole 'death system' where you respawn, no weapons, no supplies makes it all the better, you grow attached to your items that you've put effort into acquiring and you'll be damned if anyone is going to take it from you!

• Like 1

I agree with the guy above. The game itself brings us a different perspective: if you die, you will die, so what are you waiting for? Save your own ass! It gives me a pure adrenaline when in a shootout or something like that!

It also happens when I'm playing ArmA2 online. Sometimes you are really focused in a target and then: "boom", shots from the NOWHERE!

By the way, today I found a gun in a random server. It was a high-populated server, and I was affraid to die. After 10 minutes, I entered in a building, and when I was leaving it a zombie was behind me; he hit me and then shouted... I almost had a heart attack, seriously.

• Like 1

indeed but how long have you've been playing? I've been playing for about 7 1/2 months and it is starting to wear off

I am so sad

I played dayz from more or less the star, but stoppedvabout 2/3 months ago becausevof script kids.

The adrenaline rush you can get from playing this is amazing. I had something happen that has never happened to me in a game before, and it happened twice!

My hands started to literally shake!

First tome, i was alone in a town, sneaked in past zeds and was at the far end of a house with just one exit open to me, but the room also had two open windows. I hear footsteps slowly crunch on the gravel right outside one of the windows. I freeze. Then, i hear footsteps slowly tread on the wooden floorboards inside my little house, slowly getting closer and closer... Theres nowhere else for me to go, as hes between me and the exit, so i hide behind the door to try to cover the whole room, all this while zeds milling around outside. This is when my hands started uncontrollably shaking so badly my gun was going everywhere lol. Just a simple thing of hearing someones careful footsteps in the same house!!!

Then, i hear them carefully approach the doorway that im right in the corner of, and see a gun point into the room and stop. To say i got an adreneline rush wouldnt do it justice lol... There was a few loot items on the floor right in front of me, so the guy goes to them and starts checking, i say "friendly!" From right behind him! He turns and points the gun at me so i manage to blow him away, panic like a wuss then bolt out of the town, log out under a bush and reflect on how awesome the entire simple scenario was...

So yeah, this game has got everything i always wanted in a game... Amazing stuff. :)

• Like 1

Gotta agree with you, there is no other game where I could camp in a tower and enjoy it (because someone was on the floor below me, watching the stairs).

Taunting them in the direct comms and pretending I had a sniper rifle was fun too, eventually escaped scott free due to helicopter coming to airfield and blasting machine guns scaring people.

indeed but how long have you've been playing? I've been playing for about 7 1/2 months and it is starting to wear off

I am so sad

Been playing since April i believe, cant remember exactly but its been a few months, still good though!

I played dayz from more or less the star, but stoppedvabout 2/3 months ago becausevof script kids.

The adrenaline rush you can get from playing this is amazing. I had something happen that has never happened to me in a game before, and it happened twice!

My hands started to literally shake!

First tome, i was alone in a town, sneaked in past zeds and was at the far end of a house with just one exit open to me, but the room also had two open windows. I hear footsteps slowly crunch on the gravel right outside one of the windows. I freeze. Then, i hear footsteps slowly tread on the wooden floorboards inside my little house, slowly getting closer and closer... Theres nowhere else for me to go, as hes between me and the exit, so i hide behind the door to try to cover the whole room, all this while zeds milling around outside. This is when my hands started uncontrollably shaking so badly my gun was going everywhere lol. Just a simple thing of hearing someones careful footsteps in the same house!!!

Then, i hear them carefully approach the doorway that im right in the corner of, and see a gun point into the room and stop. To say i got an adreneline rush wouldnt do it justice lol... There was a few loot items on the floor right in front of me, so the guy goes to them and starts checking, i say "friendly!" From right behind him! He turns and points the gun at me so i manage to blow him away, panic like a wuss then bolt out of the town, log out under a bush and reflect on how awesome the entire simple scenario was...

So yeah, this game has got everything i always wanted in a game... Amazing stuff. :)

My hands shake too after an intense fire fight, its brilliant! And i remember my first kill, I wasnt proud and literally had to sit for an hour thinking about it and actually calming down, it was a great time! :beans:

• Like 3

Love the mod! (for said tension but also its unique) Sometimes hate the players though. (you know the ones, the griefers who aren't always hackers).

The psychology of DayZ, sets DayZ apart from any other shooter out there.

Persistency is one thing, but more than that I think it comes down to the openness of the gameplay. Because there's so many aspects of survival, each player develops his own motivation, methods and moral compass. While zombies present a predictable threat, the players you encounter or observe from afar does not follow a specific pattern, they are not automatically against you or on your side. So we have to make decisions based on our cooperate or competitive preferences(humanity) and weigh that against our personal safety and survival.

• Like 2