Sign in to follow this  
bottar1

The ''frankieonpcin1080p'' attitute to survival

Do you guys think that this youtuber ''frankieonpcin1080p'' has an influence on the game, recently I've met people that have been molded into his attitute and many that make references to his videos.

I think he's a great influence on the game and might have turned a few bandits.

Do you watch his videos and/or have you learned things or adapted your ways because of them?

I'm certainly alot more careful around others and this has kept me alive for long so far.

• Like 8

I think Frankie is a brilliant player and has definitely given me a different outlook on the game.

When I first started DayZ, I obviously struggled a little picking up all the controls and tended to shoot almost anyone that came near me with a weapon - watching his videos has taught me a great deal about certain mechanics and bugs in the game as well as some of the popular spots on Chernarus.

His playstyle is one that is very similar to mine now, nice/educating to bambis but ruthless to bandits - it allows new players a chance to enjoy the game while also ensuring that my head isn't removed from my body via a well placed sniper round. Frankie and Jackfrags seem to have a lot of fun playing with each other and it really shows in the videos that it isn't all planned out - they are careful, calculating but always have a laugh while doing it.

Probably my favourite DayZ caster along with JackFrags, OshiSeven is also good too but I haven't watched many of his videos yet.

• Like 7

It's probably one of the first video games (ARMA II/DayZ) that I have actually been able to focus and concentrate on, and actually be competitive, mainly due to his videos, my mentality has changed.

These videos are definitely a help.

I've improved my aim a ton, and survival skills.

I would recommend any average or new player to check them out!

Edited by bottar1
  • Like 1

Aye, you have to give him credit.

A) Just for being a nice/kind guy who tries to help people (rare on the interwebz)

B ) He plays fair and would rather die than cheat.

C) Hes a really good player.

D) He makes really well produced videos.

E) He knows his stuff.

The one bad thing I suppose (im reaching here just for balance :D) you could maybe say about him, maybe he's SLIGHTLY elitist? Maybe? I dunno if I think he is...Hmmm, what do you guys think? I love his videos and think hes a really cool guy (see above) and subscribe. I like i say just playing a bit of devils advocate here, dont flame me Frankie fans, Im a fan too :D

BUT he definitely has changed my play style for sure.

Edited by Rooneye
  • Like 1

the so called "frankieonpcin1080p attitude to survival" isnt some new concept pioneered by him... people have been playing like that for some time. Besides the nice editing his series just seems like another dayz series.

• Like 2

the so called "frankieonpcin1080p attitude to survival" isnt some new concept pioneered by him... people have been playing like that for some time. Besides the nice editing his series just seems like another dayz series.

Difference is, have these other YouTubers influenced people (in a good way) as much as him?

• Like 1

I love his stuff but he can be a bit condescending at times.

He does have a great grasp of the game and I enjoy watching his videos.

Sometimes i wonder what i would do if i ever ran across him.

Edited by kikaz

On the elitist point, that is probably one of the only things I could point out about him, as nice as he seems, you can sense that when hes looking on any other player he calls them a bambi and instantly considers them inferior, so yes hes slightly elitest.

But theres is no denying he is rather good (or just experienced) at DayZ.

I've learned to assert my dominance on other players, and show no sort of fear when confronting them. It often saves me from dying.

Edited by bottar1
  • Like 1

The only thing i dont like on his influence is that everyone calls people without weapons bambis

Besides that he is awesome

• Like 1

If you don't have a weapon, you kind of are a bambi.

• Like 5

If you don't have a weapon, you kind of are a bambi.

]

Yeah, even before watching his videos I would have considered them bambis.

I use bambi as a term for under-geared players and just newbies.

Even if your an experienced survivor, if you have a hatchet, your currently a bambi!!!!!!

• Like 1

Frankie was the person who introduced me to DayZ after I saw his videos. I like to use his playstyle, I don't reveal myself until I can convince someone to drop their weapons and back off. Then I'll be friendly, give them stuff, offer advice, and give rides away from Cherno/Elektro, etc. Most people think that they're about to be kidnapped, so imagine their surprise when they get some bandages out of it and I tell them to have a nice day and disappear back into the woods. If you shit on me though, oh...

Edited by Mazon

I like the way he handles players with his philosophy to not shoot them unless they have performed an act threatening or danger behavior. We would have much less shoot on sight if survivors would stick to this so, yes, I think he has good influence; my squad and me also tries to stick to this behavior when encountering other survivors

Top dude, i would rather watch his dayz vids than most films. He isnt stupid either, some call it luck finding stuff or ppl, sometimes it is but its mostly intuition with him. To top it off he is amusing as well.

I get a toolish vibe from that cat. I think he does what he does for show - not for who he is. But the fucker probably spends the average Joe's wage on computer hardware/software annually as well so I'd imagine making videos is a bit of a profession for him.

I agree on the lines that yes he probably has impacted players and changed their playstyle

(especially the younger players 15 - 18)

Ill commend him solely for getting much attention just for playing like a lot of other people play.

He makes good videos too, the main reason why you dont see any Guardian videos anywhere.

Thanks to Frankie, my encounters with other survivors (even bandits) end up with a peaceful resolution, If things go south that's where I get rough by killing the assailant though. But 9 out of 10 times it worked out perfectly, except for that one guy who tried killing me with a double-barreled shotgun.. I killed him with my AKM seconds after.

DayZ lesson of the day:

Always try a friendly approach, keep in mind you're playing with sentient living beings who can give you the benefit of doubt

Another main influence he has on this game///i dont know if anyone else has spawned in namalsk to find 1 or 2 starter backpacks right next to the spawn...Just how much he has influenced the game

• Like 1

Frankie is the whole reason I started playing this game. Hell, I think he is the only person that I want to be shot by.

Frankie is great but let's keep in mind that there are plenty of us out there who are trying to play this game with a kinder and more playful approach. What Frankie has that we don't, is his fame, which means that you guys get to watch his brilliant vids and see how much fun it can be to be kind and helpful to bambis instead of mindlessly killing them. :thumbsup:

frankie really knows how to play the game. hes genuinly a nice person i mean ive met him.he gave me a dmr and some beans. so you people who think he does it for show just talk to him

• Like 3

frankie really knows how to play the game. hes genuinly a nice person i mean ive met him.he gave me a dmr and some beans. so you people who think he does it for show just talk to him

Lol, I'm total opposite of Frankie when I freshly spawn. I just run like a headless chicken around not trying to hide at all, picking up stuff quickly and hoping no sniper will hit me.

It's actually effective as snipers do have hard time hitting someone who runs as much as me.

• Like 2

Yeah he definitely has an impact on players, I've been running into more and more hackers.

• Like 1