Dreygar (DayZ)

Aircraft Carrier/Cargo Ship.

Has this been suggested? It would be parked off in the ocean, you would have to take a boat or swim (chance of hypothermia depending on the water temp). Would be completely infested with zombies (Running/sprinting zombies won't work for this idea as you're already on a large ship with no where to go, with a hoarde of Zombies) I imagine only the brave or experienced players; and some stupid players would attempt this.

It would be a good place to find some good loot, but represent a real danger. Firing anything more than a pistol without a silencer will probably get you killed, unless you had a lot of ammo for your larger weapon to mow down anything that came your way. No respawning zombies. I hate clearing an area just to find more zombies there. Specially on such a large ship that would have a lot of cooridors/rooms/floors and some 500 or so zombies.

It would probably be the most sought after and hardest places to loot.

• Like 2

I would actually go for that, though sounds like it might end up as a player trap like everywhere else. Still, players own choices and all that good stuff.

Since aircraft carrier is in vanilla arma this would seem like a good option. Good for loot and overrun with naval zombies!

Edited by Faceman Peck

Like a extremely high value military loot spawn? Just add in more vehicles to get there (and rappelling from choppers). Good idea though.

Edited by Shrimpy223

It would have to be a fair distance from the coast? far enough away that AS50 bandits couldnt use to snipe new-newspawns, perhaps off to the north east? regardless, soldi idea, beanz.

Would be completely infested with zombies (Running/sprinting zombies won't work for this idea as you're already on a large ship with no where to go, with a hoarde of Zombies) I imagine only the brave or experienced players; and some stupid players would attempt this.
If the "Zombie life-cycle" works the way I picture it, the zeds offshore would be old and starved so there's a good chance they won't be the quickest off the mark.

Could be a good stealth, stealth, stealth mission. Provided you have a decent backup plan.

As long as the Carrier is "parked" 10km away from the coast so you can actually only reach it by boat or plane and the defense system is turned on so nobody gets on or off the ship and as soon as someone teleports onto the ship the reactor will explode i'm fine with that. We already have enough military loot on land, no need to add more...

Actually on second thought it would be a good idea since all the non sense pk and griefers would be there and not bother the "survivors".

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Like a extremely high value military loot spawn?

Tomahawk cruise missiles? I don't think they will catch on! But then again someone might suggest they be shot out of the m203!

I wonder if there will be some smaller ships in the docks of the coast! I can see me calling a barge a home. Would be a waste of detail if not.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

The way I see it being achievable would be instance only. The instance is global on any given server, meaning people can come and go. I don't mind it being far out in the ocean, and wouldn't even mind if you could swim to it.

Here is what I envision.

You could swim, climb up a ladder. As soon as you hit "climb up ladder" it loads you into the instance. Vice versa, as soon as you hit "climb down ladder" it loads you out of the instance and back into the water.

Same with boats. You drive your boat out, park it beside the ship and "climb up ladder" , or if there is a lower deck of the ship where you could "climb aboard ship" then it would load you in/out of the instance.

Helicopters could land on the deck and upon "get out of helicopter" you would exit the helicopter and load into the instance on the helicopter pad, and respectively you would load out/fly away from the helicopter pad.

Now here is how the zombies would work. As soon as one player enters the instance it becomes active. I think 500 zombies on a large carrier/cargo ship is efficient and the instance should be able to handle the workload. It would also allow for a lot of detail work to go with the ship, creating a massive "map" of the interior of a ship from all levels and rooms.. hence the need for a large ship. Loot would be randomly moved about so no player knows the best spot to get the best stuff.

At any given time the ship has been left playerless, ALL zombies would be present upon re-entering. It would be very risk/rewarding. I imagine the amount of time it would take the players to clear the entire ship to be in the multiple hours, with a lot of people... even more so with less. (Anyone, again, can join at any given time)

To prevent the ship from just being a hot spot to get good loot, loot would have really long recovery times (Maybe a few days or even week). Example, fresh loot would be almost anything and bountiful. The more players loot, the less loot respawns upon re-entry until the loot resets randomly (few days, week) No one will really know what loot is there, or how much of it is there. They could clear the whole thing and get very little in valuables because the ship has already been looted dozens of times over the course of those days.

It would offer gameplay that is challenging and can be rewarding, but the randomness of being able to find that fancy new NVG or just crap loot because it's been raided over and over again is even greater of a challenge.

Imagine flying onto the ship with a full pack of 8 buddies (Huey, 8 people) and you are making your way... Someone gets attracted by zombies, begins to be overran and fires off their loud weapon to mow down what was in their path to escape. Now, all zombies within range begin to investigate that sound from all angles... The intense moment of that player/group as they try to battle their way back to the helicopter to escape, and I imagine many will be overrun from their foolishness. Now there are 4 dead bodies in the middle of the ship, with all the loot/weapons they came with and now lost. Bodies would expire in about an hour, I think that's fair. Do they rearm and attempt to go retrieve some of their valued items? Do they even have enough munitions to make it through the layers of zombies once more??? Decisions... decisions...

Edited by Dreygar

With the Rmod that we use on our private server. We can make spawn a carrier. That what we did but after few hours we find that you need a sh*t load of heat pack because the game think you are over/in the water. We find that even if you are in a boat you are losing heat too...

We don't know the why but if your idea is taken, they have to fix that thing.

With the Rmod that we use on our private server. We can make spawn a carrier. That what we did but after few hours we find that you need a sh*t load of heat pack because the game think you are over/in the water. We find that even if you are in a boat you are losing heat too...

We don't know the why but if your idea is taken, they have to fix that thing.

Well, as it sits right now with your method the game probably does consider you in the water as that is the terrain you are working on. Though I don't imagine this being in anyway shape or form a problem with the standalone especially as an instance.

I actually think that would be better. Maybe not inside the carrier, but on the deck for sure.

Think about it, it would be cold as balls out there. Open waters just are, there's nothing to retain the heat.