tals975

Thinking of getting DayZ, need help

Sooo I have heard alot about Arma 2 DayZ. I think it just rocks and I have seen Frankie playing on youtube and I wanna be just like him.

But I also have a friend that says he quit DayZ because of SO many hackers...

Also, I have a life, and I heard that to make any progress, you can't play for an hour or two, you need several. Is the correct? Do you need half an hour to run from one spot to another?

Is there a way to avoid hackers? Is Arma 2 worth getting right now, or just wait half a year that I don't wanna spend waiting for the DayZ standalone?

Are there hacker protected servers? Are there clans like on Battlefield, which I come from?

Thanks alot in advance for any answer, and have a great week in advance!

The Hacker thing is right but if you play on a Private-Hive server it should be okay,yes there are clans or groups,I would buy the game now because ARMA is also a Brilliant game so you get 2 Games with only one (There are very much and cool mods for ARMA too so try it).Yes it takes sometimes really long to come to another location.If you buy the game send me a PM and i will recommend you some Private Servers if you want.

Cheers

The Hacker thing is right but if you play on a Private-Hive server it should be okay,yes there are clans or groups,I would buy the game now because ARMA is also a Brilliant game so you get 2 Games with only one (There are very much and cool mods for ARMA too so try it).Yes it takes sometimes really long to come to another location.If you buy the game send me a PM and i will recommend you some Private Servers if you want.

Cheers

Are private servers hard to get in to? Also, how many players populate the server at a given time, normally?

Also, how long to get to a location? Like 10 mins of running or an hour of running?

Edited by Taltal

I am playing actually Namalsk (its a custom map) with 30-40 people on it and no its not hard to find a private server but it would be awesome if you could join the servers that i could give you so they get more players and more players is everytime good. In Chernarus it takes sometimes really long to get to a Location of Interest but in Namalsk you can reach everything in 10 maximum 20 minutes.

Hackers are on the rise right now, and your friend is correct, in order to actually play the game, you will spend many hours in one sit down. But if you actually want it, wait for the standalone release, which will come out next month I believe. But if you want a pretty good military simulator you can pick up Arma II Combined Ops, because in my opinion its not that bad of a game, and I hear most people agree with that opinion.

Don't buy it you have a life enjoy the outdoors wish i could go outside damn you Dayz

But should I get it or wait for DayZ?

i would wait no point in paying for a game and learning to play it to scrap it all in a month wait until standalone and the hacking will be sorted.

As possibly stated before, try Private Hives if you get the game. Ask around for some good ones, depending upon your region. Most of them have active admins and some sort of anti-cheat thing that works most of the time.

Hackers? Bah! You only experience those twats on public servers, I suggest 'Doorman is God' private hive servers, they are always under admin provision(don't worry, he's not like some evil sith lord who will make you obey anything against your will)so there are definitely no hackers at all to worry about. Trust me, I've been playing on their servers for a month now and 0% hackers are spotted. Plus, they have a teamspeak server :D

P.S.

I almost forgot, you should get ArmA II:CO as well, it's a darn great military simulator, probably even the best. Some people only see ArmA II as a 'dead' game that only lived once again because of DayZ, but I grant you, it is a great game to play from time to time.

ArmA II: CO gameplay sample:

Edited by WolfOneSix

If you are interested in playing DayZ but don't have the game yet, I'd honestly just wait for the standalone.

There is really no point in dropping ~£25 just to only play it for around a month and then have to buy the DayZ standalone too.

The standalone will be a lot more polished than the current DayZ mod with significantly less hackers.

• Like 2

In your case, wait till the stand alone. It will have more cool features anyway.

Hackers are not too much of a problem if you can find a private hive with more active admins.

And if your going to get the most out of this game then you most likely be playing for hours at a time. I usually get home from work, have some food, and if I'm not doing anything else socially, I usally play till around 11:00-12:00 (With short breaks). So I'm usually averaging 4-5 hours.

If you have no interest in playing Arma also then just wait till standalone like others have suggested. Rocket said he wants to have it out before the end of next month so you really won't have to wait much longer.

Ok. Thanks so much guys! I guess I will wait till the standalone. Eating soup now!