Sign in to follow this  
MiseryJR

Zombie Virus and Non Immunity

I was reading some posts by rocket regarding the zombie virus in Dayz and I've learnt that the character you play as is immune to the virus. So I had this idea about, what if you had a 1/2 chance of spawning as someone who was not immune to the zombie virus? You would not know if you were immune or not until you get the virus. If you spend a prolonged amount of time inside cities and large towns, you have a high chance of getting the virus, once you got the virus, you would start coughing and your blood level will get lower, after an hour or so after getting the virus, you'll fall dead and get back up as a zombie. A way to reduce the risk of getting the virus is by finding a cloth or a bandana and putting it over your mouth and nose. You could also possibly find a gas mask which would spawn extremely rarely in military bases, which would completely reduce the risk of getting the zombie virus from hanging around cities. Although you might have a gas mask, that still doesn't completely protect you from getting the virus, if a zombie hits you and your not immune, you'll have a small chance of getting the virus too.

Another idea to do with the masks and bandanas is if you get knocked unconscious by getting shot or hit by a melee weapon, the person that hit you can go up to you and remove the bandana or mask if you're wearing one, leaving you vulnerable to the zombie virus. Maybe you could find empty syringes in hospitals and you can use it with zombies to get their blood, then inject in enemies to weaken them and turn them into a zombie(if they were not immune), you could also possibly attach a syringe to a crossbow bolt and shoot people from far away.

So that's my idea, what do you think? Anything you would add or take away, or is it just a horrible idea altogether?

Well, I think it's a bad idea just because Players will just re-roll and commit suicide if they got the "Non-immune" characters since it's more of a burden than a gameplay mechanic.

Maybe you could find empty syringes in hospitals and you can use it with zombies to get their blood, then inject in enemies to weaken them and turn them into a zombie(if they were not immune), you could also possibly attach a syringe to a crossbow bolt and shoot people from far away.

UICls.jpg

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2

How would a syringe inject itself from a crossbow bolt, did it hit the player so hard that the end of the syringe keeps going?

You could weight the end, when the front hits, the rear will move forward, you don't have to fire it by the end ya know!

You could also dip the end of the bolt in shit, infect players with poo poo poisoning!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Well, I think it's a bad idea just because Players will just re-roll and commit suicide if they got the "Non-immune" characters since it's more of a burden than a gameplay mechanic.

You wouldn't be able to tell if you were immune or not when you spawn.

You could weight the end, when the front hits, the rear will move forward, you don't have to fire it by the end ya know!

You could also dip the end of the bolt in shit, infect players with poo poo poisoning!

You definitely should be able to throw poo at people.

xD

You wouldn't be able to tell if you were immune or not when you spawn.

I know, i've read your post thoroughly. Anyway, What im saying is if i spawned and saw a city i'll just stay there to see if im immune or not and if start coughing i'd just commit suicide till i find an immune character.