Excelsior24

Considering getting this. But have questions holding me back..

Excelsior, I've been playing since May or June and I have never seen a hacker. I did once get transported to another part of the map but that's it. So anyone saying hacking is a problem is talking about the past. Battleye is dealing with most of the hacking problems and if you play on private servers (they're free and easy to access) you will have no problems. So you should not consider hacking an issue at all.

As to bugs and glitches, there are a few, so what? There always are in most games. Just get the game and have fun! :thumbsup:

No point in waiting for the standalone. It's not like that's going to be perfect. Nothing is. Like I said, just play the game and enjoy, it's worth it.

You have never been screwed over by a hacker? :o You are one very lucky person!

• Like 1

Well Ive been playing for a few days and the other night i got into a firefight and got shot hit the deck and put like 8 ak shots in the dude but it was night but since nameplates were on i knew they went in. Well i died and the hacker asked in the chat who killed him. I thought I had killed him too that we had killed each other well I was nice to him since it was a great shootout and invite him to meet up with me so we can go back and pick up our stuff. He was surprised how nice I was. He said "but I killed you" and i told him that it was fun. He teleported me and gave me a hacker crate and asked if i wanted a vehicle. lol I left but I realized that that was him and he was just admitting that i won the fight fair and square although he didnt die and had God mode on. That was the only time I encountered a Hacker. You have to play in a Private Hive with active admins. The thing is hackers are a drag and they know it. When you find siome good servers play without the fear of a hacker cause you probably wont encounter one for a long time. If you do just log out and log back in later. If you want to play the game go ahead and buy what you have to buy to play it. I waited about 2 months before I could save up for a PC and boy was it frustrating watching all the youtube vids and wanting to play. Now it was so worth the money for the PC parts to play the game. Hackers ruin other games more like Warz. Hacking in Dayz is really boring.

Bcaused, I don't recall it happening but there was one time that I kept being killed whenever I played with a particular guy, and I'm pretty sure he was telling a pal who was then coming into the game right to my location and killing me. But other than that, nope. Not sure it is luck, I'd say I avoid situations that attract scriddies. :thumbsup:

This guy above is oblivious, no offense. Ill just be honest with you, a friend of mine I convinced to play got super paranoid. He thought everyone was a cheater and I purposefully downplayed the cheating going on. So he calls me one day and says he can see everyone on the map. Vehicles, people, and their gear. On a browser he just dragged to his second monitor. He had paid 6 bucks for a hack.

I told him about hacking in the game and I said the same cliche things all these guys keep saying to play it down. I also tell him, well we play on private servers and they detect it better and youll get battleeye perma banned.

No no, this didnt happen. He played 2 days straight with the cheats enabled and then he quit the game. The person who posted above just isnt suspicious enough of people, to realize he has ran into them. It isnt something you avoid like Hmmm looks like hackers play that server, ill not go there. LOL. No no, its everywhere. If you have played over a few weeks and say you havent ran into it, youre lying or are willfully ignorant.

If you try to pretend it doesnt exist you will hate this game, you need to enjoy and have fun in spite of.

Edited by Bizzyb